Need 2 for 1978 long time progressive. FILLED Topic

We are a long running progressive (started 1920 Riggins league) which needs someone for its Montreal and Detroit Franchises. Below are the teams. Both are in rebuild mode but have good future pieces.

***Montreal will probably have the 2nd or 3rd pick in 1978 which has a lot of great players. They have Dennis Leonard, Ted Sizemore and Dave Concepcion.

***Detroit will likely have the 6th pick in the 78 draft. They have Ken Griffey, Garry Maddox, Fred Lynn and Don Sutton.

We have 20 teams in the league. Pretty standard rules. Tiered win floor for the draft to stop tanking. Great owners. Any questions or if you have interest in the team, let me know... Right now we have 15 games left in the 1977 season before playoffs. So draft will start in little over a week if we can get these 2 teams filled.

Montreal
Bob Bailor
Barry Bonnell
Thad Bosley
Reggie Cleveland
Dave Concepcion
Hector Cruz
Al Fitzmorris
Ralph Garr
Ross Grimsley
Wayne Gross
Preston Hanna
Odell Jones
Jim Kern
Dennis Leonard
Hal McRae
George Mitterwald
Sid Monge
Tom Murphy
Jorge Orta
Jerry Royster
Manny Sanguillen
Ted Sizemore
Paul Splittorff
Bill Stein
Gary Thomasson
Paul Thormodsgard
Andre Thornton
Del Unser
Charlie Williams
Jim Wohlford

Detroit
Al Cowens
Andy Messersmith
Bob Sykes
Dave Wehrmeister
Don Sutton
Doug Rader
Fred Lynn
Garry Maddox
George Zeber
Jason Thompson
Jeff Newman
Joe Sambito
Joe Zdeb
Jose Morales
Junior Moore
Ken Griffey Sr.
Larry Milbourne
Larvell Blanks
Mario Guerrero
Mark Fidrych
Milt May
Paul Dade
Rick Langford
Rodney Scott
Skip Jutze
Ted Martinez
Tom Dixon
Wayne Garland
Woodie Fryman
Mark Wagner
Bruce Kimm
3/16/2024 10:08 PM
Bump
3/20/2024 9:18 AM
Very fun league
I joined as an expansion team for the 1969 season.
somehow we won the WS in 1976, so it can be done.
3/20/2024 9:42 AM
are there any restrictions regarding who you can draft or who you can keep? Is there an IR? Is there DH?
3/20/2024 9:50 AM
I might be interested in Detroit, but would be curious about the answers posed by Sinatra.
3/20/2024 10:55 AM
We have 25 on our roster and can draft up to 6 AAA guys from the year we are playing in. No sim generated AAA. You can keep up to 25 guys if you wanted with no minimum to keep. The rookie draft is to fill your 25 man roster first and then there's a seperate AAA draft. We normally do the draft right after the season so there's less downtime. Yes there is IR. You can keep unlimited IR if they were on IR. And we use DH for the AL. So Detroit uses DH but not Montreal. We have 20 teams in the league.
3/20/2024 10:11 PM
The season will end tomrorow so we will be drafting once we get the new owners in and they are ready...
3/20/2024 10:12 PM
I’d take Montreal
3/20/2024 10:25 PM
Posted by stptom on 3/20/2024 10:25:00 PM (view original):
I’d take Montreal
great! you got them! Ill add you to the forum. Its called Riggins League. You can get your keepers in when you want and check out the rules thread and draft thread.
3/21/2024 8:57 AM
I would have taken Montreal, but I don't like the DH so I guess I'll pass. Not the best timing...
3/21/2024 9:13 AM
I'll take Detroit
3/21/2024 1:24 PM
Posted by bingo_long on 3/21/2024 1:24:00 PM (view original):
I'll take Detroit
you got it. Thanks! Ill add you to the forum
3/21/2024 1:51 PM
Need 2 for 1978 long time progressive. FILLED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.