The NWPEE Dual Prog 1925/1990 (FULL) Topic

The No Whining Progressive Early Edition (NWPEE) is looking for a new owner.

If you're interested, here's the poop on what the NWPEE is all about...

- We are a dual progressive preparing for our 41st Season, 1925/1990. The current season is still in progress, but the owners of the available teams are amenable to relinquishing ownership as soon as we have a new person in place, so you will have the chance to play out the season and prepare for the next one.

- The NWPEE has a Constitution (available in the league forum) which spells out all of our rules. Owners are strongly encouraged to read it over... in the event of any league issues, the Constitution has the final say.

- We pride ourselves on our quick seasonal turnover. The 1925 / 1990 Draft will go on the clock Tuesday, March 19th, the day after the conclusion of our regular season.

- In order to discourage tanking, the NWPEE has a completely random draft order. The draft order is determined at or around the All-Star Break. And yes this means that the eventual WS champion can end up drafting 1st over all. Rounds then proceed in a serpentine fashion. i.e. 1-24, 24-1, 1-24, 24-1... and so forth.

- One of the unique features of the NWPEE is that, in order to ensure that there is a constant flow of good players available (and to mitigate somewhat the effects of the random draft), the NWPEE employs Contract Points. They operate much like a salary cap. Every team has a Contract Point ceiling of 80. Contract points are the equivalent of Years. So, if I draft rookie John Olerud in this draft and allot him 13 Contact Points, I would own his rights from the 1990 season until the 2002 season. He will then return to the pool of draft-able players. Once "signed", a contract is ironclad and cannot be renegotiated, unless the player is traded (see Constitution) or dropped.

The number you see beside each player is the number of Contract Points they have going into the 1925/1990 season.

If you have any questions, please feel free to SM me...

eastvanmungo
3/15/2024 9:21 AM (edited)
Kansas City
need 12
Matt Williams 10
Craig Biggio 10
Tom Glavine 9
Chuck Finley 8
Mark Langston 4
Rick Aguilera 3
Earl Sheely 2
Dickie Thon 2
Ivan Calderon 2
Dave Henderson 2
Irish Muesel 1
Dale Murphy 1
Greg A. Harris (Red Sox) 1
Total: 55

This team owns the 4th overall pick in the 1925/1990 draft
3/15/2024 11:49 AM (edited)
Seattle
need 11
Edgar Martinez 14
Lefty O'Doul 10 IR
Dwight Gooden 5
Johnny Gooch 5
Bruce Hurst 3
Larry Woodall 3
Bucky Harris 2
Mike LaValliere 2
Danny Darwin 1
Jerry Don Gleaton 1
Joe Magrane 1
Neal Heaton 1
George Burns (OF) 1
Eddie Moore 1
Ernie Padgett 1
Total 51

This team owns the 10th overall pick in the 1925/1990 draft.
3/15/2024 9:21 AM (edited)
This is a *really* deep draft, and both teams have some nice parts!
3/10/2024 1:12 PM
Thanks crazyamos. You're right, these teams have some decent guys and there's a good draft coming up.

So, the rest of you... come on and join. You know you want to!
3/11/2024 9:09 PM
Hey eastvanmungo, it's a league with you and crazyamos, based on an idea by contrarian23. I am in. I'll take Seattle.
3/15/2024 8:20 AM
Posted by italyprof on 3/15/2024 8:20:00 AM (view original):
Hey eastvanmungo, it's a league with you and crazyamos, based on an idea by contrarian23. I am in. I'll take Seattle.
Excellent! I look forward to crossing swords bats with you again!
3/15/2024 9:00 AM
The NWPEE Dual Prog 1925/1990 (FULL) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.