Busted Teeth and Football Scores - dead Topic

Buster05's offense league is winding down, so I thought I would throw my hat into the ring and look at hosting my first WiS hockey game in quite a few years!

I always enjoyed themes that pushed the sim to its limits, or otherwise forced owners to make crazy decisions. (Are there any old-timers that remember my Trilogy of Self-Destruction tournaments?)

This league, we'll keep it simple:

Two forwards - any Def rating
Two forwards - max 50 Def rating
Two forwards - max 35 Def rating

ALL OTHER SKATERS MAX 9 DEF RATING

Goalies max save % 86.50

No clones.

Salary cap is $70m, but it doesn't really matter, you can't spend it all!

I trial built a few different teams, and although there will certainly be a few obvious picks here and there, this still gives you a decent number of options for your forward choices. Probably won't see tons of variance on the bluelines, unfortunately, but boy oh boy are there gonna be some penalties in this league.

Injuries are ON and set to 4, but don't worry, I'll throw in some garbo-level minor-leaguers for ya! You will have to manage your roster a bit, but that will be part of the fun as all our goons get tossed and stars get injured.

Trades and waiver wire will be off, however, to prevent rule-mixing. PI is off as always (did that ever get fixed?) and there will be ties, because this is old-school hockey, eh.

Once I get about halfway I'll create the league and send out the number.
2/29/2024 11:34 AM (edited)
1. yogsloth
2. amancam
3. rumpl4skin
4. faltorvo64
5. demon_8
6. Bruno421
7. Buster05
8. Poddy
9. taybaijor
10. tidealer
11. chuckinrlp
3/2/2024 4:54 PM (edited)
IN
2/27/2024 7:03 PM
Im in!! :)
2/27/2024 7:45 PM
IN
2/27/2024 8:42 PM
count me in.
2/27/2024 9:10 PM
Shut up and take my money
2/28/2024 8:18 AM
Thanks, guys, off to a good start!

The question came up about minor-leaguers. Unless things have changed - and I doubt it - while it's technically possible the "below average" ML'ers could yield a defenseman with a DEF rating in the 15-20 range, the low stamina and *insane* toughness stats of these players will more than offset that advantage.

If you get a player with a 17 DEF rating and you really want to use him on the regular... well, good luck with a player that gets a game misconduct every game until he gets a 70-game broken fibia... that's on you!
2/28/2024 10:31 PM
And yes, I just made up "fibia" right now. That's how bad an injury that is. You wouldn't want to see it. Horrible.
2/28/2024 10:32 PM
In
2/29/2024 10:26 AM
Posted by yogsloth on 2/27/2024 6:09:00 PM (view original):
Buster05's offense league is winding down, so I thought I would throw my hat into the ring and look at hosting my first WiS hockey game in quite a few years!

I always enjoyed themes that pushed the sim to its limits, or otherwise forced owners to make crazy decisions. (Are there any old-timers that remember my Trilogy of Self-Destruction tournaments?)

This league, we'll keep it simple:

Two forwards - any Def rating
Two forwards - max 50 Def rating
Two forwards - max 35 Def rating

ALL OTHER SKATERS MAX 9 DEF RATING

Goalies max save % 86.50

Salary cap is $70m, but it doesn't really matter, you can't spend it all!

I trial built a few different teams, and although there will certainly be a few obvious picks here and there, this still gives you a decent number of options for your forward choices. Probably won't see tons of variance on the bluelines, unfortunately, but boy oh boy are there gonna be some penalties in this league.

Injuries are ON and set to 4, but don't worry, I'll throw in some garbo-level minor-leaguers for ya! You will have to manage your roster a bit, but that will be part of the fun as all our goons get tossed and stars get injured.

Trades and waiver wire will be off, however, to prevent rule-mixing. PI is off as always (did that ever get fixed?) and there will be ties, because this is old-school hockey, eh.

Once I get about halfway I'll create the league and send out the number.
Clones?
2/29/2024 10:27 AM
In
2/29/2024 11:06 AM
Clones - good question and my apologies for not specifying.

Personally, I hate 'em unless it's an actual clone league, so I'm gonna say NO. I'll edit the OP.

Sorry everybody, no Baby Young!
2/29/2024 11:33 AM
in
2/29/2024 6:35 PM
Posted by yogsloth on 2/29/2024 11:33:00 AM (view original):
Clones - good question and my apologies for not specifying.

Personally, I hate 'em unless it's an actual clone league, so I'm gonna say NO. I'll edit the OP.

Sorry everybody, no Baby Young!
Sounds good
3/1/2024 12:24 PM
12 Next ▸
Busted Teeth and Football Scores - dead Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.