Savage Baseball Draft Topic

If it gets to be late tonight and trumbull still hasn't picked and you want to go to bed I am available for proxies. I usually stay up late and sleep late. If it's early in the morning and you're wondering why I haven't updated anything it's most likely because I'm still asleep.
2/21/2024 5:34 PM
OK, thanks for those clarifications

(……scratches Ed Delahanty off the target list…)
2/21/2024 5:38 PM
If someone played, for example, from 1895 to 1907, his 1900+ seasons are eligible, but his 1899 and back seasons are ineligible.

While I am thinking about it, there is a rule that says, DO NOT MENTION ANY PLAYER BEFORE THEY HAVE BEEN DRAFTED. In basketball draft leagues we usually have a separate thread for rosters and commentary. In that thread you can talk about players who have already been drafted. You can say thing like, "hey chewy, getting Roy Hobbs in the 7th round was a steal,' or "Midge, you're an idiot, do you even know what a baseball is?"
2/21/2024 5:56 PM
I also want to use this pause to talk about how I deal with anyone who drafts a player who was already selected by someone else.

If someone drafts a player who was already drafted they will be notified of their error. From that point they will have thirty minutes to correct the mistake. After thirty minutes the draft continues and they can make their replacement pick as soon as they are aware of the mistake.

After you make your pick it's a good idea to double check it to make sure you didn't make a mistake. We will be drafting 600 players. I would be surprised if someone doesn't make a mistake at some point.
2/21/2024 6:04 PM
Posted by Midge on 2/21/2024 5:20:00 PM (view original):
I got a message from trumbull saying he has to work until 11pm tonight and he probably won't pick until after work, so I guess we can all relax for a bit. Hopefully, he will gat a supper break and pick then.
What a bummer! I didn't realize there were many choices for the first pick. I'm anxiously awaiting to pick second.
2/21/2024 6:07 PM
Is there a time when the 30 minute clock stops running (i.e. 10 PM to 6 AM eastern) or something like that?
2/21/2024 6:07 PM
I assume we will be getting time slots, right?
2/21/2024 6:12 PM
Posted by Zato on 2/21/2024 6:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Midge on 2/21/2024 5:20:00 PM (view original):
I got a message from trumbull saying he has to work until 11pm tonight and he probably won't pick until after work, so I guess we can all relax for a bit. Hopefully, he will gat a supper break and pick then.
What a bummer! I didn't realize there were many choices for the first pick. I'm anxiously awaiting to pick second.
There are probably a few owners who don’t have (REDACTED) at the top of their board.
2/21/2024 6:19 PM
Posted by Midge on 2/21/2024 5:56:00 PM (view original):
If someone played, for example, from 1895 to 1907, his 1900+ seasons are eligible, but his 1899 and back seasons are ineligible.

While I am thinking about it, there is a rule that says, DO NOT MENTION ANY PLAYER BEFORE THEY HAVE BEEN DRAFTED. In basketball draft leagues we usually have a separate thread for rosters and commentary. In that thread you can talk about players who have already been drafted. You can say thing like, "hey chewy, getting Roy Hobbs in the 7th round was a steal,' or "Midge, you're an idiot, do you even know what a baseball is?"
thanks for posting this. I wasn't aware.
then again being unaware isn't an unusual state of mind for me.
2/21/2024 6:28 PM
Snuck in a quick break to get my pick submitted. So many options, but since i don't pick again for 46 more picks, I thought I'd lock up the pitching anchor for all 5 teams.

1:1. Walter Johnson

Back to work. I'll sitemail the next three. Good luck y'all!
2/21/2024 6:41 PM
Babe Ruth
2/21/2024 6:44 PM
Posted by Zato on 2/21/2024 6:12:00 PM (view original):
I assume we will be getting time slots, right?
Yes, I will be setting up a clock with 30 minute time slots.
2/21/2024 8:01 PM
Posted by eblankenstei on 2/21/2024 6:07:00 PM (view original):
Is there a time when the 30 minute clock stops running (i.e. 10 PM to 6 AM eastern) or something like that?
I typically start at 10am and go to 10pm with 30 minute time slots. In the basketball drafts that I have run we almost always stay ahead of the clock and people rarely get skipped. The time slots are more like deadlines. You don’t have to wait for your slot to pick. Also, if can see an issue coming up I strongly encourage the use of proxies.
2/21/2024 8:07 PM
Calling an audible already.

I'll take Barry Bonds
2/21/2024 8:57 PM
Greg Maddux
2/21/2024 9:01 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...55 Next ▸
Savage Baseball Draft Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.