Savage XIII Rosters/Commentary Topic

Posted by ashamael on 1/30/2024 4:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by steelers821 on 1/30/2024 9:13:00 AM (view original):
First of all to be clear I don’t fault anyone for tanking currently. With that said I really wish there was a tanking rule for this league.
I absolutely agree. I think that the rule from bowis should be adopted here as of next season. I hate using the tank strat in the playoffs but often see it as the best play. I wish it wasn't even on the table.
Sorry, what am I missing? There’s no advantage to tanking. The draft for next season is random not based on worst records plus the banishment.
1/31/2024 8:37 AM
Tanking a game in the playoffs to rest your starters and restore their fatigue
1/31/2024 8:50 AM
Posted by dBKC on 1/31/2024 8:50:00 AM (view original):
Tanking a game in the playoffs to rest your starters and restore their fatigue
Ok, got it. Misunderstood the tanking/resting.
1/31/2024 5:05 PM
Looks like best I can realistically hope for is a bridesmaid spot. That conference finals round was a disaster for me. Nice work tarheel and sukow, plus all the other winners.
2/1/2024 9:57 AM
Posted by robusk on 2/1/2024 9:58:00 AM (view original):
Looks like best I can realistically hope for is a bridesmaid spot. That conference finals round was a disaster for me. Nice work tarheel and sukow, plus all the other winners.
It makes me feel better that you also got a woopin by that Sukow team. Man it’s a good one.
2/1/2024 10:42 AM
Classic Rob, but that doesn't really scan. You've got a team in the finals and an 18 point buffer on second. Ben and I only have one team in the finals each; depending on how the game 7s this afternoon shake out Ben could get up to two and I could get up to three. But we could also both end on one, and even getting two through doesn't guarantee anything, especially if you win a chip. And it's not even like Ben and I are playing each other right, thus ensuring that at least one of us compiles enough championship equity. Other than Rob and I potentially playing in the W2 finals, this is all going to play out independently.

Gaming things out a little, I'm a moderate underdog in the W4 finals against jhsukow, but I'm at home for G7 in W1 where if I get past dh to the finals I'd be a small/medium favorite now that Ben's juggernaut has fallen, and I'm also at home for G7 in W2 where I'd likely be a light favorite over Rob in the finals if I advance past jethro. Meanwhile Ben has to be a heavy favorite in W3 and will have decent odds if he advances in W2 though game 7 on the road against jcred is going to be tough.

If I'm projecting titles it's something like me 0.95 (with easily the widest range of outcomes), Rob 0.45, and Ben 0.9. Which would put us on track for another neck and neck finish. Ben scans as the favorite to me, especially if he make two finals, but if I land 2+ to Ben's 1 it tilts to me/Rob with the W2 title looming as potentially pivotal.

So I have all three as firmly in the race - we'll see where we stand in an hour.
2/1/2024 1:03 PM
Since returning to the sim I’ve made the playoffs 23 of 42 leagues I believe. I’ve made the conference finals 5 times and got to game 7 twice. Still haven’t made the finals…god I ******* suck
2/1/2024 2:01 PM
Fml. Petition to add a HoF stat for most consecutive top 5 (top 3?) finishes with 0 Savage championships
2/1/2024 2:27 PM
Posted by steelers821 on 11/12/2023 3:30:00 PM (view original):
Robusk I know you don’t like to be to revealing but do you think Chris Paul is really worth a pick this early? Or you just wanted to try something new? Adp is around 10-11.
He's good enough to take jethro to the finals.
2/1/2024 2:32 PM
Posted by raggedclaws on 2/1/2024 2:27:00 PM (view original):
Fml. Petition to add a HoF stat for most consecutive top 5 (top 3?) finishes with 0 Savage championships
You're still alive!
2/1/2024 2:32 PM
Posted by raggedclaws on 2/1/2024 1:03:00 PM (view original):
Classic Rob, but that doesn't really scan. You've got a team in the finals and an 18 point buffer on second. Ben and I only have one team in the finals each; depending on how the game 7s this afternoon shake out Ben could get up to two and I could get up to three. But we could also both end on one, and even getting two through doesn't guarantee anything, especially if you win a chip. And it's not even like Ben and I are playing each other right, thus ensuring that at least one of us compiles enough championship equity. Other than Rob and I potentially playing in the W2 finals, this is all going to play out independently.

Gaming things out a little, I'm a moderate underdog in the W4 finals against jhsukow, but I'm at home for G7 in W1 where if I get past dh to the finals I'd be a small/medium favorite now that Ben's juggernaut has fallen, and I'm also at home for G7 in W2 where I'd likely be a light favorite over Rob in the finals if I advance past jethro. Meanwhile Ben has to be a heavy favorite in W3 and will have decent odds if he advances in W2 though game 7 on the road against jcred is going to be tough.

If I'm projecting titles it's something like me 0.95 (with easily the widest range of outcomes), Rob 0.45, and Ben 0.9. Which would put us on track for another neck and neck finish. Ben scans as the favorite to me, especially if he make two finals, but if I land 2+ to Ben's 1 it tilts to me/Rob with the W2 title looming as potentially pivotal.

So I have all three as firmly in the race - we'll see where we stand in an hour.
Was confused by this until I realized you meant W5 and not W2.

Quickly looking at it, I think it is:
Ben wins 2 titles = Ben wins
Rob wins 1 titles, Ben wins <= 1 title = Rob wins
Rob wins 0 titles, Ben wins 1 title = Ben wins
Rob wins 0 titles, Ben wins 0 titles, Hutch wins 1 title, Rob wins <= 2 games = Hutch wins
Rob wins 0 titles, Ben wins 0 titles, Hutch wuins 0 titles = Rob wins

Given that Ben has the superior team and homecourt advantage in both of his series I'd say he is the odds on favorite here. Just knowing what an edgerunner he is plus my propensity to blow series, I'd give him like +250.
2/1/2024 4:18 PM (edited)
Best I can do is 7 (HIGHLY unlikely).
Worst I can do I think is 10. Considering I was 19th at one point, I'll take it. Still feels bad, but I'm trying to look at the bright side.
2/1/2024 4:10 PM
Posted by ashamael on 2/1/2024 4:10:00 PM (view original):
Best I can do is 7 (HIGHLY unlikely).
Worst I can do I think is 10. Considering I was 19th at one point, I'll take it. Still feels bad, but I'm trying to look at the bright side.
I was looking at that earlier and thinking that it was a damn impressive second half of the season turnaround for you.
2/1/2024 4:17 PM
the savage title comes down to...you guessed it....jethro! haha love it

2/1/2024 7:39 PM
im gonna start signups soon but we wont be drafting until the bowis 55 draft is completed

still one spot left in bowis...
2/1/2024 7:40 PM
◂ Prev 1...34|35|36|37|38 Next ▸
Savage XIII Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.