FCD Cup XIII - Fútbol Cotopaxi - Champion Topic

Aside from the Championship, kangaroo fc will play in the 3rd Place Game against Fighting Ants.

Both the Championship Round and 3rd Place game have no time frame. The teams can schedule at their leisure.

A coin flip was done to decide which 3rd Place participant would host the game - it is a single game and not a series. If the game ends in a tie, both teams share the 3rd Place honor. Here are the results, which can also be found on the first page of the tournament thread.
3rd Place Home Game Coin Flip

The 3rd Place home game will be hosted by Fighting Ants. Ants was heads and kangaroo fc was tails, since F comes before K in the alphabet. Heads is represented by the bust of King Juan Carlos I and the logo for the 1982 World Cup (ironically) is tails. Ants won the coin flip 6-4 and will send the challenge.

You flipped 10 coins of type Spanish 5 Pesetas:

Timestamp: 2023-12-29 01:10:16 UTC

I will do an additional coin flip tomorrow to see which Championship team would host the first tiebreaker game in case one is needed. The Championship has no seeding, so this is not #2 versus #4. It is simply Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi versus Futbol Club Oviedo.

Congrats to the two finalists. The guys with the white gloves have just brough out the trophy and have started polishing it to a brilliant shine. As you can see below, it's looking good.

12/28/2023 8:51 PM (edited)
I did the coin flip for the first sudden death game for the championship. The results are also found on the 1st page of this thread.
Championship Extra Game Coin Flip (if necessary)

Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi was heads and Futbol Club Oviedo was tails based on C coming before F in the alphabet. Heads is represented by the bust of Queen Elizabeth II and tails has a frigate.

You flipped 10 coins of type East Caribbean $1:

Timestamp: 2023-12-29 14:17:24 UTC

The results of the coin flip was 8-2 in favor of tails, so if a tiebreaker game is needed, Oviedo will host the first extra game.

12/29/2023 9:24 AM
Congrats to all. Thought had good chance to go for my third. Maybe next time if can keep the team intact.
12/29/2023 2:43 PM
Everything is scheduled. The 3rd Place game between Fighting Ants and kangaroo fc is this evening at 6pm and both legs of the Championship will take place on New Year's Day.

Hopefully, both coaching staffs remind their players to not party too much the night before.
12/30/2023 10:26 AM
Fighting Ants and kangaroo fc wrapped up a couple of excellent Cup runs in the 3rd Place game this evening. Both teams featured an aggressive 4-3-3 formation but despite all of the forwards on the pitch, the opening goal was netted by a defender in the 24th minute. Juan-Carlos Ferreira got the Ants on the scoreboard when his header found the corner. The roos answered the challenge and, 13 minutes later, Naum Desny scored a header of his own, pinballing the shot off the far goal post. With the game tied at 1-1, both teams opened the 2nd half with goals in rapid succession, once again both being scored off of headers. That's when Ants forward Burhford Sigismund, feeling no need to change the theme, scored what proved to be the game winner... off of a header...when roos goalie Nikita Shekhodanov lost track of the ball when the corner service entered the box. Despite a flurry of activity by the roos for the rest of the game, they couldn't equalize and the final score ended up being 3-2 as Fighting Ants claim the 3rd Place bronze medal in Cup XIII and a place in the record books.

Tomorrow is a day off. I hope all of you have a safe and enjoyable New Year's Eve. See you on New Year's Day when the ultimate prize is up for grabs.
12/30/2023 8:31 PM
The opening game of the Championship is at noon.
1/1/2024 9:03 AM
The first leg of the Championship has just gone final. The city of Oviedo, Spain hosted the game as 33.226 fans, including Futbol Club Oviedo supporter and hometown hero F1 driver Fernando Alonso, gave a standing ovation to the home side as they took the field against Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi. Unfortunately, that was the only occasion those in attendance had to cheer. A tactical battle in the early going broke wide open when Cotopaxi forward Weyland Watkins weaved through the defense, á la Maradona and unleashed a shot so powerful that Oviedo goalie Giandomenico Sammarco couldn't even react. A little bit later, the Cotopaxi lead increased to 2-0 after Aescby Nix cleaned up a poor clearance by Sammarco, giving him a wide open look at point blank range. After another tactical period midway through the 2nd half, Oviedo yielded a third time when Maeyken Bastin's header glanced off Sammarco's hands and the 3-0 lead held to the end of the match. Oviedo had plenty of chances as the stat lines were almost identical but lacked the finishing skill to put one into the back of the net.

Both teams are hopping on a plane as we speak to head to Quito, Ecuador for the second game, which will be at 6pm tonight. Both sides know exactly what they need to do as we come to the last game in FC Dynasty Cup XIII, barring the need for sudden death.
1/1/2024 1:24 PM (edited)
Championship Results

The Championship will be updated after 7pm each night. Individual game results show the home team always to the LEFT of the bracketed score. Numbers in bold between the team names represent aggregate goals. There are no seeds and there is no time frame for the Championship. If an aggregate tie occurs, the home side for the first tiebreaker game will be decided by a coin flip and we will continue alternating home fields until a Champion is crowned.
FC Dynasty Cup XIII
Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi.....7 : 3.....Futbol Club Oviedo................
Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi [4 : 3] Futbol Club Oviedo; Futbol Club Oviedo [0 : 3] Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi..,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi
and indiansrck27 out of World 82 have shown the heart of a Champion by taking the FC Dynasty Cup XIII title, defeating Futbol Club Oviedo and peregrino from World 92 with an aggregate of 7-3. The opening game went to Cotopaxi 3-0 as the series shifted back to Cotopaxi's home field this evening. Up against a wall, Oviedo didn't respond well to the pressure and fell further behind as the Cotopaxi offense started to roll midway through the 1st half. Ariens Mathijssen opened the scoring in the 25th minute when he connected from distance to make the aggregate 4-0. Weyland Watkins then decided to not only clinch the Championship for his side but also to put himself back into the Golden Toe conversation by scoring his 14th of the tournament several minutes later. Watkins scored again before halftime, pushing the aggregate to an insurmountable 6-0 while tying Oviedo's Ewing Sequeira at 15 goals apiece.

With the team title pretty much secured, the 2nd half was more about individual honors and both teams created some drama. After Romeo Gimenez finally got Oviedo on the board in the 61st minute, Sequeira retook the Golden Toe lead in the 82nd minute with his 16th when his header snuck into the near corner. That set up the closing minutes, with Cotopaxi ahead 6-2 in the aggregate, Watkins went for individual glory in the 88th as his own header got past Oviedo goalie Giandomenico Sammarco to knot up the scoring title again at 16 apiece, which was how the tournament ended. As far as the game was concerned, Cotopaxi won the leg 4-3 and the aggregate 7-3, giving them their first ever FC Dynasty Cup title, making up for the disappointment back in Cup VI when they had to settle for the Runner-Up position. Oviedo falls just short of winning its 2nd Cup, being Champions its only other time it reached the final round back in Cup V.

The L'Orteil D'or award will be shared by Weyland Watkins and Ewing Sequeira, as they tie with 16 goals each, as they both will enter the history books. Take your hats off to our runner up, Futbol Club Oviedo and peregrino who had an outstanding run to the runner-up spot but just ran into a superior team. Now, without further ado, the hardware will now be distributed to their rightful owners.

Champion - Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi - (indiansrck27)

..... ...........Runner-up - Futbol Club Oviedo - (peregrino)
........ L'Orteil D'or - Weyland Watkins (Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi) and Ewing Sequeira (Futbol Club Oviedo)
...........3rd Place - Fighting Ants
1/1/2024 7:51 PM (edited)
I will make a final post tomorrow morning, officially closing the tournament. All of you, please feel free to post any comments, suggestions, etc. that you like. In the meantime, congrats to the Champions, whose team name is so long, it won't fit on the thread title, hence the Fútbol Cotopaxi abbreviation.
1/1/2024 8:03 PM (edited)
Will you be updating the overall cup records?
1/1/2024 8:06 PM
Woohoo! Finally! Thanks for a great tournament as always gomiami!!!!

Congrats on a great tourney as well peregrino!

Weyland Watkins is getting kind of expensive but I extended him for another cup run next tourney!! Sceley Ballouchy on the other hand will sadly be going to FA.
1/1/2024 8:15 PM
Posted by KSBeachBums on 1/1/2024 8:06:00 PM (view original):
Will you be updating the overall cup records?
Yeah...I'll be heading out of town tomorrow through Thursday but will start updating both Cup XII and Cup XIII stats into the record book this weekend.
1/1/2024 8:38 PM
Posted by indiansrck27 on 1/1/2024 8:15:00 PM (view original):
Woohoo! Finally! Thanks for a great tournament as always gomiami!!!!

Congrats on a great tourney as well peregrino!

Weyland Watkins is getting kind of expensive but I extended him for another cup run next tourney!! Sceley Ballouchy on the other hand will sadly be going to FA.
Your team was solid from day one this tournament. The best team won...
1/1/2024 8:40 PM
This will be the final FC Dynasty Cup XIII post, officially ending the tournament. Feel free to continue posting tournament comments here on this thread or sitemail me with comments that I can post on your behalf. Congratulations again to indiansrck27 and Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi , the new Überteam for the next couple of months.

I'll get to updating the FC Dynasty Cup Record Book by this weekend. If you look at the Record Book thread, the only category that has been updated to the present is the Championship List (1st post.) All of the other categories are only through Cup XI. That'll change once I get back from Omaha in three days.

I hope everyone enjoyed the tournament and the competition. With 32 teams from 17 participating worlds (17 worlds!,) the Cup once again went smoothly and without drama - other than what happened on the pitch. There were 128 games in a tournament that lasted two months from signups to completion. I know I say this every time but the tournament is successful because of all of you.

Based on the way the calendar looks, the sign-up phase for FC Dynasty Cup XIV will begin in sometime in March with the Group Stage before April Fools Day. In the meantime, enjoy your individual worlds and please pass the word to fellow FC Dynasty coaches.

Gentlemen, until next time, when a new set of teams spanning the FC Dynasty universe will get together to contest for the ultimate prize - the FC Dynasty Cup!

Signing out.

Jay
1/2/2024 7:57 AM (edited)
Congratulations indiansrck27! I thought the Oviedo Ovejas team in cup XIII was the best Oviedo team ever. Cotopaxi was just better!
-peregrino
1/2/2024 12:14 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11 Next ▸
FCD Cup XIII - Fútbol Cotopaxi - Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.