Trail's Team Evaluator 2.3 Topic

Could you try deleting all the old versions / tabs from the sheet and see if that helps? Also if you could unhide the rows to the left of the player ratings and tell me the error code the import HTML is giving, that’d be helpful.
4/4/2024 5:43 AM
Can you guys please try this version and let me know if it works for you?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jadnXZW8HrjiiQDHScE8-18-9cBWATpljz3_T2ai2jY/edit#gid=933597379

Additionally, I'm making some broader updates to the sheet in the coming weeks. If there is any feedback that the community has or things they'd like to see incorporated, would love to hear any any all input.

Thanks!
4/4/2024 9:22 AM
I tried the new version & still no luck. I’m on an iPad & google docs, if that helps. I don’t see any error messages per se. Other than the data won’t load
4/5/2024 8:42 AM
Really frustrating, I'm sorry about that. One of the many reasons why I need to move this off Google Sheets one day (or try using a Google Apps Script which I don't have much experience with).

It seems like this is most likely an issue on the Google end, particularly given the fact that myself and others are using it with no issue. There have been cases where import functions were entirely down in the past so it's possible that it's just affecting certain devices and will be fixed at some future date.

OR -- I assume you're not even seeing the yellow drop-down to allow access for import functions to fetch? Could you share edit access to the public and then link it here so I can see what I can find?
4/5/2024 2:50 PM
Im really dis functional with google docs, but here’s my best shot https://docs.google.com//d/1Y7ZFqy1rKFp-Viv4hwQ9tyzuwiOay2I-Awlk6pPK5rM/edit

on an iPad.
4/6/2024 8:47 PM (edited)
I was having the same issue on an iPad and iPhone, but once I logged into Google docs from a laptop I saw the yellow drop-down message trail mentioned, asking for permission to allow connection to the data source. Once I ok’d it in the browser once, it resumed working on my iPad.
4/7/2024 11:14 PM
Posted by oldresorter on 4/6/2024 8:47:00 PM (view original):
Im really dis functional with google docs, but here’s my best shot https://docs.google.com//d/1Y7ZFqy1rKFp-Viv4hwQ9tyzuwiOay2I-Awlk6pPK5rM/edit

on an iPad.
haha all good - i just requested access to edit. please grant that (most likely via an email) and then i'll approve

kari2you -- thanks for sharing that experience. i suspect i did something similar myself without even realizing it
4/8/2024 10:46 AM
Posted by trail on 4/8/2024 10:46:00 AM (view original):

on an iPad.
haha all good - i just requested access to edit. please grant that (most likely via an email) and then i'll approve

kari2you -- thanks for sharing that experience. i suspect i did something similar myself without even realizing it
Could you request it again

thx for all your help

4/8/2024 10:53 AM
Thanks for doing this, trail! One thing I noticed is that it can take a long time for the data to load, and it doesn't necessarily all load at the same rate. In fact, at first I thought there was an error somewhere, so I was going to poke around and look for the error message ... and I noticed that part of my team's player data had loaded. Over the next few minutes, other parts of the sheet populated, and eventually the whole worksheet was ready.

I assume like with other things this is a Google issue, and the best thing to do when it happens is to go find something else to look at, come back in a few minutes, and see where things are. At least that approach worked for me!
4/9/2024 12:34 PM
Deleting all the previous versions made a huge difference, btw, in case other folks are having the same issues.
4/10/2024 12:22 AM
I just found this new version today; thank you for doing this! When looking at starting lineups, how do we account for teams starting multiple players from the same positions (i.e. 2 power forwards). Right now, it appears that it is assuming we are starting the best PG, SG, SF, PF and C on our roster.
4/10/2024 9:58 AM
Posted by oldresorter on 4/8/2024 10:54:00 AM (view original):

on an iPad.

thx for all your help

done - ofc!
4/10/2024 1:28 PM
Posted by zlionsfan on 4/9/2024 12:34:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for doing this, trail! One thing I noticed is that it can take a long time for the data to load, and it doesn't necessarily all load at the same rate. In fact, at first I thought there was an error somewhere, so I was going to poke around and look for the error message ... and I noticed that part of my team's player data had loaded. Over the next few minutes, other parts of the sheet populated, and eventually the whole worksheet was ready.

I assume like with other things this is a Google issue, and the best thing to do when it happens is to go find something else to look at, come back in a few minutes, and see where things are. At least that approach worked for me!
Yep - I think this was the primary issue slowing people down. I just uploaded the link in the original post to the updated sheet! Ty for the callout!
4/10/2024 1:29 PM
Posted by homrbush on 4/10/2024 9:58:00 AM (view original):
I just found this new version today; thank you for doing this! When looking at starting lineups, how do we account for teams starting multiple players from the same positions (i.e. 2 power forwards). Right now, it appears that it is assuming we are starting the best PG, SG, SF, PF and C on our roster.
Make sure you switch from pre-season mode to auto or manual lineup setting! Lmk if that helps or if you're still having trouble
4/10/2024 1:30 PM
Posted by oldresorter on 4/8/2024 10:54:00 AM (view original):

on an iPad.

thx for all your help

you should be good to go here now!

for others experiencing similar issues, please note that the fix seems to require you to login on desktop and approve permissions in-browser. i'll update the initial post to reflect this
4/11/2024 12:23 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Trail's Team Evaluator 2.3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.