Correcting Minor League Problems Topic

If I'm understanding correctly, the minimum is 20 players at each level. As long as you don't have six 21st day mlb call-ups in the same season, there should be no auto-sign.
7/16/2021 3:50 PM
1. Admin, I understand you are trying to reduce your hours per week fixing rosters. But as a commish, I don’t appreciate that for, $5 a season, LOL, the changes aren’t geared to help both the Admin and commissioners. It’s a pain in the a$$ chasing owners that won’t/don’t set up their minors.

As stated in the previous forum, we have set a .250 MWR in the minors with a $5MM penalty the next season. Obviously waived if owner leaves. But THIS has been the best solution so far. It truly works.

2. Increasing the starting durability/stamina is great, a must, and more realistic!!!!! I have ML relief prospect that currently has a “4” in stamina and hasn’t gained any in a few seasons. Is it realistic that he can only pitch 4-10 pitches? Especially with 3 batter mínimums in MLB.

3. MORE available non-drafted prospects immediately following the rookie draft seems realistic and helps everything you are trying to accomplish.

4. Creating an incentive or making it mandatory for everyone to offer at least 75-80% of your draft picks will also create more available players. And be more realistic. There has never been an MLB team that doesn’t offer it draft picks some type of contract.

5. I think the small “$” penalty for next season will be complicated, especially explaining to newbies. Plus not penalizing enough. People really won’t care if they have $100,000-200,000 for next season. Not a big deal.

I am very happy that you are attempting to address this and make changes. Good job.

P.S. As soon as you can , PLEASE address the injury recovery issue. It is absolutely horrible!!!
7/16/2021 6:07 PM
Krindor, my thought was that ML rosters could be below 25 players until the 25th game. This would still allow owners to screw over their players as is done in RL, lol. There are owners who believe that they should be allowed to go a full season with less than a full roster and that I won't support. Short changing rosters reduces the player pool and subsequently will lead to a shortage of players. Again, in RL teams fill their rosters. At the ML level they will have vets who will be released or demoted once a star prospect can be brought up and retain the extra year of control. Honestly, I think we'll all agree that the majority of players in the minors are just fillers that complete a roster and have no chance of sniffing the ML roster. But that too is as it is in RL.

As for the commishes having to monitor the minors, this would be a way for them to do less. The game would simply take care of it for lazy owners or newbies that don't know any better. It would also help when a team is abandoned so the replacement owner wouldn't need to make wholesale changes with a large amount of roster spots to fill. Even forcing 30 players per MiL level would be better than some owners are doing and again would help keep more players in the world so it will be easier for everyone to fill their teams.

Personally I believe a MWR in the minors is a little overboard and would create more work for a commish. However, I've never had a problem with reaching at least .250 by just keeping player rosters filled at each level. I use the minors to develop players and do not pay any attention to the standings for these teams nor do I care to. ML championships are the only thing I work for and player development is integral in that.
7/17/2021 12:12 PM
Start giving out bonuses for minor league playoffs/championships and maybe some owners will care.
Until then, the minor leagues are a waste of time.
7/28/2021 7:30 PM
I think you should take away the ability to see or bid on international free agents when a team is understaffed or have players at 0/0 stamina.
8/6/2021 2:15 PM
Might not be in the scope of this discussion, but a problem that I have faced when dealing with a more loaded minor league roster is that a lot of my actual prospects get deactivated by the AI manager in favor of veteran pitchers, or they are forced to wait until my replacement level players (with higher due/Stam end up at zero for 2 consecutive games). Sure I could chose to deactivate the AI, but at three teams and a full time job that's a tall task. It would be great if we could prioritize player playing time, that way we can be sure that our players that we want to take the bulk of the playing time get played.
8/25/2021 3:04 AM
I just realized (new season in Gibson, going over my day to day stuff) I always forget to sign my minor league free agents. If there was a button under settings that said 'automatically resign minor league free agents and assign them to the level they were previously at' it would make things a lot easier. (Also maybe give this as an option for GM's to do for teams that always seem to not always field full rosters in the minors)
8/30/2021 2:27 PM
Change FA demands to players with less than 1 full ML season to max of $327K. If they don’t get an offer by X ST games, demand drops to $54K. Or retire.

Instantly create a lot more reasonable MinL players.

Always been stoopid what career MinLer’s demand.
6/13/2022 9:45 PM
Posted by tufft on 6/13/2022 9:45:00 PM (view original):
Change FA demands to players with less than 1 full ML season to max of $327K. If they don’t get an offer by X ST games, demand drops to $54K. Or retire.

100% on this. I would even go so far as to just make them only able to demand their previous season's salary. So many players get wasted because they aren't major-league quality, yet demand $3 million a season. Then you wonder why there is a lack of minor-league free agents.
6/16/2022 9:43 PM
Posted by drummer_66 on 6/16/2022 9:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tufft on 6/13/2022 9:45:00 PM (view original):

100% on this. I would even go so far as to just make them only able to demand their previous season's salary. So many players get wasted because they aren't major-league quality, yet demand $3 million a season. Then you wonder why there is a lack of minor-league free agents.
Agreed .. 100%.
6/30/2022 4:28 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Please fix the durability of position players. No position player drafted or signed in this game should be less than 80 for durability. Playing time should be dictated by talent and all players in minors and majors are fit enough to play long seasons. Only catcher position should be less than 80 and 70 at the very least.
11/30/2022 9:15 PM
I would like a slight bump up in prospect ratings
12/10/2022 1:49 AM
I love the idea of a penalty in the next year's salary.....I think I would also like to see a penalty in draft position. If you don't fill out MilB rosters then you drop ten slots with each pick in the next draft. Something like that.

If I am in a complete rebuilding mode and have a bare bones payroll then losing a bit next year doesn't mean that much. But seeing draft pics impacted might mean a lot.

I would like to see a 29 player MiLB minimum, as well. 15 positional players and 14 pitchers. Injuries and fatigue demand it.

Couple that with the AI automatically activating players or adding players if fatigue levels demand it. Any player below X% is automatically deactivated.

However, there has to be enough minor league players available each year for this to happen. So MilB FA lists may have to be padded by the AI.

1/16/2024 1:21 PM
◂ Prev 12
Correcting Minor League Problems Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.