WHAT IF i told you... Topic

I started playing in 2002(shuahiggs). I was a sophomore in high school. I didn’t have any more so I guess I just played exhibition seasons. A decade later in 2012(Jhsukow) I came back. The rest, as they say, ...well, in my case, is mostly insignificant.
6/14/2020 10:11 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 6/14/2020 10:11:00 PM (view original):
I started playing in 2002(shuahiggs). I was a sophomore in high school. I didn’t have any more so I guess I just played exhibition seasons. A decade later in 2012(Jhsukow) I came back. The rest, as they say, ...well, in my case, is mostly insignificant.
Your Scattegories league is prominently featured an episode 9! Any quotes, comments, or details you want to add to the doc?
6/14/2020 10:25 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 6/14/2020 10:25:00 PM (view original):
Your Scattegories league is prominently featured an episode 9! Any quotes, comments, or details you want to add to the doc?
I stole it and rebranded it from baseball. Sly and BDS deserve the credit for bringing it back after multiple wis hiatuses on my part to deal with family health matters.

I forgot what they called it on the baseball side, but it was pretty stupid. I just thought, “that’s Scattegories; why don’t they call it that.”

Honestly, that theme will break your brain. As a broken shell of a man I started wondering “what other board games would make interesting themes?” Well, this is what I came up with.

Monopoly- This is a draft league. This league has four rounds. Each round you select a team and a decade. In the first round, you select 2 players from that team and decade. Rounds 2-4, you select 3 players from that team and decade. That brings you to 11 players. The 12th player is a “railroad”. I don’t know what it means, but is up for you to decide how to use after the draft. Draft is ABBB Cap is 50 m

Unfortunately, I have many, many more of these. will spread out the “enjoyment”.
6/14/2020 10:47 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 6/14/2020 10:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by benhoidal on 6/14/2020 10:25:00 PM (view original):
I stole it and rebranded it from baseball. Sly and BDS deserve the credit for bringing it back after multiple wis hiatuses on my part to deal with family health matters.

I forgot what they called it on the baseball side, but it was pretty stupid. I just thought, “that’s Scattegories; why don’t they call it that.”

Honestly, that theme will break your brain. As a broken shell of a man I started wondering “what other board games would make interesting themes?” Well, this is what I came up with.

Monopoly- This is a draft league. This league has four rounds. Each round you select a team and a decade. In the first round, you select 2 players from that team and decade. Rounds 2-4, you select 3 players from that team and decade. That brings you to 11 players. The 12th player is a “railroad”. I don’t know what it means, but is up for you to decide how to use after the draft. Draft is ABBB Cap is 50 m

Unfortunately, I have many, many more of these. will spread out the “enjoyment”.
Wow. Let's play!

Now I need to know your other board game ideas.
6/14/2020 10:56 PM
I'm just going to be throwing as much as possible into my original post over the next few days. Maybe sometime next week or so I can come up with a more legible script. Please keep adding things! Also, any advice on sequencing or anything else is greatly appreciated.
6/15/2020 1:12 AM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 6/14/2020 9:24:00 PM (view original):
Omegax was the guy who drafted all short-term guys in the regressive then bailed after failing to win the title. Obviously never had any intention of sticking around. I feel like he pulled that crap in a couple leagues. Hope he's not an alias of anyone still around ;)
I'm 99% sure Omegax was xxevilivexx or whatever... who might be somebody else that is back around.
6/15/2020 2:27 AM
The day all of monkee's aliases got banned was an infamous day on the site. Everybody pretty much knew about monkee, e-monk, and monyet, but I don't think more than a couple of people at most knew that chester_o was monk. It blew my mind because I liked monk but hated chester... but it was the same dude.

Later when I figured out that felonius was him, that was fun.

Not sure when the copernicus one came out but I remember being like, "Not surprising at all"

Good ******* times.
6/15/2020 2:36 AM
Posted by ashamael on 6/15/2020 2:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tarheel1991 on 6/14/2020 9:24:00 PM (view original):
Omegax was the guy who drafted all short-term guys in the regressive then bailed after failing to win the title. Obviously never had any intention of sticking around. I feel like he pulled that crap in a couple leagues. Hope he's not an alias of anyone still around ;)
I'm 99% sure Omegax was xxevilivexx or whatever... who might be somebody else that is back around.
I’m 100% sure they are the same. He was the commissioner of FTM before I took over. Left after 2 seasons I think.
6/15/2020 9:38 AM
Posted by copernicus on 6/13/2020 10:21:00 PM (view original):
what if bosoxbill came by and was tickled by this? he could make it a reality
He is such a self absorbed petty *******. He would probably just give it a different name, say it was his own idea, and then somehow disparage us for saying no one should use the site because using it was his idea.
6/15/2020 12:11 PM
lol - do you think he would lift some of our exact verbiage and use it without accreditation?
6/15/2020 12:46 PM
I've been deep diving and just found this Bill Simmons quote:

"I had a brief fling with the NBA sim engine 2 years ago, but it seemed like the only teams that were winning started Oscar Robertson, Fat Lever, Dennis Rodman, Wilt or Russell... it was the same guy on every team. Then they changed the engine and it became too confusing to me. But I used to have this one team with per-minute guys - Bernard King, Roy Tarpley, John Stockton, John Lucas, John Drew, Travis Grant, etc. - and I must have lost in heartbreaking fashion in the playoffs like five different times. And always to those teams with Oscar-Lever-Rodman-Russell. Drove me crazy. I also had an All-Druggie Team that was pretty funny."
6/15/2020 5:23 PM
Lafayette was a beast back in the day - used to use him all the time, in fact he might have been referring one of my a certain hominid's basic builds
6/15/2020 5:54 PM
Obviously there lots of pure scumbags in sports media like Clay Travis, Jason Witlock, Jonah Keri and Will Cain. But Simmons has to be up there with the most annoying people in sports and yet I listen to like 90% of his podcasts because it is just force of habit and I hate myself.
6/15/2020 6:05 PM
I didn't know who Bill Simmons was till I heard some people talking about him on this site.
6/15/2020 8:02 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸
WHAT IF i told you... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.