Countdown #2 teams and commentary Topic

Sorry for the delay, had some roster issues and life conflicts. Super hard to do prediction, not only because it's just a division but there's so much talent with drafting multiple players all the teams looked pretty good initially and I had to re-calibrate.
5/2/2019 2:08 PM
great job on the evals jcred....lack of assists was my main concern as well...may not be a problem tho if cp3 is gonna average 20! apg haha

"I seem to recall league years ago that had to implement rules that you couldn’t purposefully rest players because of this version of CP. "

when was this? and what league?
5/2/2019 5:29 PM
I made some sort of grave error in calculation. That, or the SIM is being cruel for no reason.
5/3/2019 11:25 PM
I think the SIM is being cruel. You're undershooting your averages pretty much across the board, and it's not because of a usage or other penalty. It should eventually even out.

That being said.. It looks like the SIM is making bad substitutions, making for inefficient minutes. I would set the lineup like this...

Starting
PG Harper 34 mpg
SG Durant 41 mpg
SF Grant 37 mpg
PF Noah 13 mpg
C Sabonis 9 mpg

Secondary Lineup
PG Billups 14 mpg
SG Allen 7 mpg
SF Noah 11 mpg
PF Camby 35
C Shaq 39 mpg

Don't list anyone in the 3rd lineup spots at any position, not even for 0 mpg. Keep them all at [None]. The SIM is screwing with your substitutions because of this. Then set the foul substitutions to 'very aggressive'. This lineup should more evenly balance out your usage. You want either Durant or Shaq in the game at all times, and staggering them in the lineup will help accomplish this even though they will both be on the court together for over half the game anyway. Don't worry about overplaying Durant, he can play another 0.8 mpg than he is now without any fatigue. If you start to see any fatigue in 20 games or so, then just reduce the starter by a minute and increase the backup by a minute. But don't list anyone in the 3rd lineup spot. This would be my playoff roster lineup for sure. Give it a few games to get a reasonable sample size, but you should see a different result for sure.
5/4/2019 3:07 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 12
Countdown #2 teams and commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.