DH $52 Million LXIV Draft Commentary Topic

Evals part 3

longtallbrad

The good: okay look, if you’re going to say “I’m going to draft Kobe or someone similar later on and give them a good squad to compliment them”, this is how you do it. Moses, Donyell, Porter, Okafor, Bynum, Tinsley....that’s a team built to play around Kobe if I’ve ever seen one.

The b(r)ad: I mean, it’s still a team built around Kobe. He’ll win you some games but he’ll lose you some games too.

Overall: playoffs but I don’t know if they’re a contender.

Roster: Moses Malone, Donyell Marshall, Terry Porter, Kobe Bryant, Emeka Okafor, Andrew Bynum, Jamaal Tinsley

midge

The good: Holy efficiency, Batman. AD, Otto, Billups, etc...I love Lucas as well. This roster is pretty much just 7 great players.

The bad: maybe too many one/two dimensional guys like Porter and Covington and Rush. Maybe too many players that are clean but not quite dominant. Aside from AD, there’s not really anyone who can “take over”, just a lot of playing it safe players.

Overall: playoffs. Maybe a contender. If not, it’ll be because other teams were playing to win more, instead of playing to not lose.

Roster: Anthony Davis, Chauncey Billups, Jerry Lucas, Otto Porter, Jonas Valanciunas, Robert Covington, Brandon Rush

Vancem

The good: KD, Hassan and Mourning seems like one of the best 1/2/3 hauls you could hope for without trading up. Very good start.

The bad: I don’t know if GP was the right PG for this team. He’s going to take a lot of shots at a pretty low eFG. I would’ve probably went for more pure passing, low usage guys to surround your awesome big 3.

Overall:probably a playoff team. I think KD and a great frontcourt is good enough to sneak in to the playoffs. I don’t know if the other positions will give enough to compete though.

Roster: Kevin Durant, Hassan Whiteside, Alonzo Mourning, Gary Payton, A.C. Green, Troy Murphy, Rodridgue Beaubois

24kpyrite

The good: This team is similar to a couple of others in that it’s focused on efficiency and a clean game...but I happen to think this team did it a little better than the others. DeAndre and Kawhi is a fantastic 1/2 punch and he just kept the clean picks coming. Camby is another extremely clean player but helps with the team’s lack of assists.

The bad: Kawhi has low minutes and a lot of times, you’re going to be relying on Paul Pierce and Mike Conley to be your alpha. If you’re not a contender, that will be why.

Overall: likely contender

Roster: DeAndre Jordan, Kawhi Leonard, Marcus Camby, Mike Conley, Paul Pierce, Cedric Ceballos, Samuel Dalembert

Copernicus

The good: another very good “clean team”. Gobert/McHale is an awesome frontcourt. Lowry/Frazier/Bledsoe is a good backcourt. Henson at SF will help offset McHale’s lighter play. Love as a 6th man is nasty too. So really I like all 7 guys on this team.

The bad: I think the assists are a little too light and there might be a problem when Gobert sits if you’re going with a 3-man big rotation of Gobert/Love/McHale.

Overall: playoff team, possible contender. I like the fit but I would’ve made a small change to try to get more passing.

Roster: Rudy Gobert, Kevin McHale, Kyle Lowry, Walt Frazier, Kevin Love, Eric Bledsoe, John Henson

6theluckyone

The good: KAT/Duncan compliment each other extremely well. I love that combo for the first two picks. Brent Barry is a steal in the 4th.

The bad: Ben Simmons and Russ Westbrook kind of ruin the strengths Duncan/KAT built for you. Prove me wrong. I’d love to see two guys who are great in the NBA but iffy in WIS do well in a sim league.

Overall: middle of the pack, shot at the playoffs.

Roster: Tim Duncan, Karl-Anthony Towns, Ben Simmons, Brent Barry, Kenneth Faried, Russell Westbrook, Chris Andersen
3/22/2019 12:17 AM (edited)
Evals part 4 of 4

hoopsdude

The good: 3 legends who are all known for their defense (Pippen, KG, Bill Russell). This team definitely has an identity. I like the fact that there’s lots of passing from non-PGs, which I feel usually leads to success.

The bad: I feel like Webber in the 4th was a reach and I don’t really like Stevie Franchise or Cole Aldrich. This is yet another team that I feel would’ve benefited greatly from Jimmy Butler or Kevin Johnson in the 6th.

Overall: this is the first team that really has me second guessing myself. I keep alternating between thinking it’s a good team and a bad team. I’m going to go with my gut and say they just miss the playoffs.

Roster: Kevin Garnett, Scottie Pippen, Bill Russell, Chris Webber, Goran Dragic, Steve Francis, Cole Aldrich

anerk1180

The good: Bird and Gilmore seems like a great duo to build around. Adding Buck Williams and Embiid to that just solidified the great rebounding and guarantees you’ll rarely be out-boarded.

The bad: I like Mullin but I don’t like that he’s your best guard. The front court is fantastic but almost every team has a better back court than Mark Jackson/Chris Mullin/Iguodala. I get that Bird does some guard like things but I don’t know if it’s enough. We’ll find out.

Overall: playoffs. Strong rebounding and eFG. Good D. I think you’ll make the playoffs.

bds9992

The good: you know, I had you in the top half of my division draft list but I think that was a mistake on my end. I was too concerned with your lack of top end talent but you have a really deep squad.
Kidd/Brandon/Kyrie is a crazy backcourt. Kyrie is Curry-lite and Kidd and Brandon are both great, obviously. McAdoo is a good big man to compliment them and Tyson and Bogut platooning in your low-usage help big spot are great.

The bad: As much as I love the depth, I just don’t know about Kidd and McAdoo as your top 2.

Overall: I’ve changed my tune and I think this is a playoff squad.

Roster: Jason Kidd, Bob McAdoo, Marques Johnson, Tyson Chandler, Terrell Brandon, Kyrie Irving, Andrew Bogut

Maglor1

The good: I feel like almost every pick was value. Stockton was a steal. Hakeem was fair value. Mookie was a steal. Tyreke’s new season in the 6th is good. Andrei was a good pick. Robisch was...

The bad: Speaking of Robisch....okay so I like a lot of what this team is doing, but Hakeem is kind of all alone up front and that’s a big ask in this league. I feel like the team might be a little too small with lots of the talent on this team playing PG.

Overall: I think Stockton/Hakeem plus good role players puts you in contender status.

Roster: Jason Kidd, Bob McAdoo, Marques Johnson, Tyson Chandler, Terrell Brandon, Kyrie Irving, Andrew Bogut

sappy

The good: Giannis’ new season is fantastic and might be undervalued if you were able to land it with this pick. The team D is going to be very good and you’ve got lots of talent on the roster.

The bad: Giannis and Wade don’t really fit together. That’s lots of non-perimeter usage from non-big men. I think that alone will hurt a lot. I also feel Humpries/Jameer/Wright were guys that might’ve been available post-draft.

Overall: I wouldn’t be surprised if you made the playoffs but I think there’s a better chance you don’t. Jrue is a good player to pair with Giannis so I could see it working out but my gut says you just miss the playoffs.

Roster: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Dwyane Wade, Robert Parish, Jrue Holiday, Kris Humphries, Jameer Nelson, Brandan Wright

samuelyork93

The good: great passing, good D and talent from every position. Magic/Draymond seems like a really fun 1/2 pick to build around. PG is a good third round pick to compliment them and you did a good job of picking up half-time Cs late in the draft (Sabonis/KOQ)

The bad: well, you said you had $1.5 leftover which doesn’t seem like a good sign. Prior to that, I had you as a borderline playoff team so maybe I’m putting too much stock in it. I think Dray and Ibaka are both best at SF so I think there’s some redundancy as well there.

Overall: I think you’re going to prove me wrong and have a decent team. Sorry for having you so high up my draft list, there’s no right answer in a season like this where everyone drafts well. That said, leaving cash on the table might mean that you’re playing against teams that have less minutes per $ every night which isn’t good.

Roster: Magic Johnson, Draymond Green, Paul George, Serge Ibaka, Roy Tarpley, Arvydas Sabonis, Kyle O'Quinn
3/22/2019 12:19 AM (edited)
Done. Hopefully I don’t win this season because I don’t want to do those again!
3/22/2019 12:05 AM
I do admit that if I drafted Paul Gasol or Bob Lanier instead of Dav Rob, My team would have been much better. Still, for some reason, I couldn't resist the comedy.
3/22/2019 6:15 AM
Yeah, I think the biggest thing that’s going to hurt my team is turnovers and bench play. Not only do I have 1.5 mil leftover, I also have over 20000 minutes which has never worked out for me before.
3/22/2019 6:54 AM
I totally agree with your thoughts, dBKC. I just really wanted to try out Stevie Franchise, and with him, my top 6 player total around 17000 minutes, so I didn’t need anyone else that could play a lot of minutes
3/22/2019 6:55 AM
I actually like Webber as your PF w KG at SF is a nice fit
3/22/2019 8:40 AM
I kinda like the fit too, I just think the early 4th was too early for Webber, that’s all. I had to put something in the “The Bad” portion and there’s not a whole lot wrong with that team, so hey.
3/22/2019 8:44 AM
I think Webber is underrated, still. He's not someone that can carry the team but that 96-97 season has some major positives: usage, efg, defense, position eligibility, and plus passing for the three positions he can play.
3/22/2019 9:06 AM
I think my X-factor will definitely be Francis. If he can stay around his RL shooting percentages, I’ll probably win 45-ish games. If he totally lets me down... I think I still have enough talent to hit 35 wins, but I’ll probably have a losing record
3/22/2019 9:12 AM
Anyone got any predictions before the season starts?
3/22/2019 4:51 PM
Posted by dBKC on 3/22/2019 4:51:00 PM (view original):
Anyone got any predictions before the season starts?
Penn will not make the playoffs.

More than 10 teams will make more 3s than Penn’s team attempts.

I’ll take the field over Wilt for MVP.

Those are my hot takes
3/22/2019 5:55 PM
Can I take Wilt in that bet?
3/22/2019 6:52 PM
My prediction is that Dana Barros will not win MVP
3/22/2019 7:35 PM
I predict that my team will lead the league in scoring.
3/23/2019 11:52 AM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11 Next ▸
DH $52 Million LXIV Draft Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.