High team ranking but a lot of losses. Topic

Can anybody help me in regards to understanding how my team can be ranked almost 50 to 60 points higher than teams im playing but i keep getting beat and am the underdog going into the game? Is there a better line up i should be using? What am i missing?

Thanks in advance!
8/7/2015 6:18 AM
You can pretty much ignore the total rating.  Some of the attributes, like WE, DUR, and ST,  don't  contribute much to your game performance.  

On the other hand, your starters are all hovering at 40, or less, for DEF.  That's a much more important rating and will more directly affect your results. Plus, almost 1/2 of your team was SIM-recruited.  That's a recipe for disaster.  When those guys have graduated, you should see better results.
8/7/2015 6:53 AM
Your IQs are definitely part of the issue IMO. It looks like you grabbed a lot of JUCO/transfer players for your first recruiting class, but a lot of them appear to not have known your offense and defense. So you have players with high ratings (which, as alblack noted, is deceptive), but they're not playing at their full capacity for those ratings because their Off and Def IQs are low. The team's overall ATH and DEF are low for D2 as well...combine that with the IQ issue and opposing teams will tend to play stronger than their ratings might first indicate against you, especially when you're the road team. 

8/10/2015 2:55 AM
Yeah i tried to grab alot of talent with my 1st recruiting class. I figured i would struggle year 1, but i assumed it wouldn't be this bad. Smh...this recruiting cycle will be different.
8/11/2015 7:13 AM
High team ranking but a lot of losses. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.