Where's Edgar? Topic

Saying this: "Teams need their better hitters actually hitting instead of passing it to the next guy."

while talking about Edgar Martinez in the context of, Martinez walked too much, is undeniably stupid.

Because Martinez did actually hit. We know this for a fact. Anyone with an internet connection can verify that fact in under 10 seconds.
7/28/2015 5:32 PM
Posted by d_rock97 on 7/28/2015 5:28:00 PM (view original):
I don't like calling people's opinions stupid, unless they are undeniably stupid. Some people don't like walks. Adam Jones gets like 10 walks a year. He thinks it more productive of him to swing the bat. He's pretty successful too
It's not that I don't like walks.  They are productive AB.   However, good hitters should be swinging the bat instead of taking strikes because "It wasn't the one I was looking for."     I felt EM was too "patient" at the plate. 

Of course, that's not really why I don't think he's HOF material despite whatever dumbassery is behind BL blocked post.   He's not HOF material because:
A)  He didn't play D
B) He didn't hit enough to make up for A
7/28/2015 8:05 PM
◂ Prev 123456
Where's Edgar? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.