LOL at this idiot Topic

Burn
7/8/2015 11:58 AM
7/8/2015 1:29 PM
7/8/2015 1:36 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/8/2015 1:36:00 PM (view original):
You did win. You were successful in convincing me that polygamy is also harmless and should be legalized. Thanks!
7/8/2015 1:55 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by bad_luck on 7/7/2015 1:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 7/7/2015 1:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/7/2015 1:07:00 PM (view original):
If polygamy is harmless (like gay marriage), it should be allowed.

If polygamy isn't harmless, it's irrelevant to the gay marriage topic.

But you don't know if it's harmless?
Polygamy? I don't know.

Gay marriage is harmless.
You cannot possibly know if gay marriage is harmless or if it's not.  It's never been legal before so there cannot have been any definitive statistical based study on the subject.  It's going to take several generations.  Same for polygamy.  Therefore it cannot be proven to be irrelevant.

You know what that means?  It comes down to opinion.  Opinion is the foundation of much good (and bad) legislation.  

It might be my opinion that the Central Government Dictatorial Committee With Black Robes (who now creates law) would be correct in creating a law that redefines Hanukah (because they have now proven that they have that capability) and then demands that Muslim businesses serve Hanukah functions or Passover Seders. 

7/10/2015 9:04 AM
As a single entity, gay marriage is harmless.   Bob and Dan around the corner getting hitched doesn't really affect anyone other than as an affront to their religious beliefs.   I imagine a polyamist marriage is the same.  Truth be told, a incestual marriage of gay or sterile consenting adults isn't going to harm anyone beyond those two, if them. 

In the big picture, all can create problems.  
Gays can't procreate which, I think, is one of the main reasons marriage came to being.   Of course, plenty of married couples choose not to and many unmarried couples are spitting out babies on the reg.  But there was a structure of family that worked for many years.  Maybe it's no longer necessary but maybe it is.  

Polygamy would create a clusterfuck of legal issues.  No point in listing them as I'm sure they're pretty apparent.  And the family structure that worked in the past is gone.

Finally, incestual marriage that can't produce children is always going to "feel" wrong.  But that's just us making judgements on the love between two consenting adults.   Which is pretty much what we did with gay marriage.

Again, one single marriage, or a few, isn't really an issue.   Widespread marriages of the above just might.   As panda says, we don't know.
7/10/2015 9:29 AM
BL seems to think that he knows.  Which is why threads like this are funny, as he always stubbornly insists on speaking with absolute certainty. 
7/10/2015 9:35 AM
Posted by silentpadna on 7/10/2015 9:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/7/2015 1:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 7/7/2015 1:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/7/2015 1:07:00 PM (view original):
If polygamy is harmless (like gay marriage), it should be allowed.

If polygamy isn't harmless, it's irrelevant to the gay marriage topic.

But you don't know if it's harmless?
Polygamy? I don't know.

Gay marriage is harmless.
You cannot possibly know if gay marriage is harmless or if it's not.  It's never been legal before so there cannot have been any definitive statistical based study on the subject.  It's going to take several generations.  Same for polygamy.  Therefore it cannot be proven to be irrelevant.

You know what that means?  It comes down to opinion.  Opinion is the foundation of much good (and bad) legislation.  

It might be my opinion that the Central Government Dictatorial Committee With Black Robes (who now creates law) would be correct in creating a law that redefines Hanukah (because they have now proven that they have that capability) and then demands that Muslim businesses serve Hanukah functions or Passover Seders. 

We do know. Gay marriage has been legal for 12 years in various states. We know that some gay people will get married and everyone else will go about their lives.
7/10/2015 9:50 AM
See?  I told you.
7/10/2015 10:09 AM
It falls on you to articulate a harm. No one can prove something will never be harmful.

But you can't articulate a harm because it's harmless.
7/10/2015 10:19 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/10/2015 10:09:00 AM (view original):
See?  I told you.
Well, no, I blocked his dumbassery a year, or more, ago.   But I'm sure he explained how he knows. 
7/10/2015 10:20 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/10/2015 10:19:00 AM (view original):
It falls on you to articulate a harm. No one can prove something will never be harmful.

But you can't articulate a harm because it's harmless.

7/10/2015 10:32 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...20 Next ▸
LOL at this idiot Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.