LOL at this idiot Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 7/7/2015 2:13:00 PM (view original):
I don't know why you're having such a hard time understanding this.

I can say definitively that gay marriage is harmless. There isn't a reason to prohibit gay marriages.

I can't say definitively that polygamy is harmless. If it is, then there isn't a reason to prohibit it. You seem to think that it isn't harmless. What's the harm?
What arduous process of investigation did you follow to get to the point where you can definitively conclude that gay marriage is harmless?

Can't you follow that same process to make a definitive conclusion one way or the other about polygamy?

7/7/2015 2:25 PM
7/7/2015 2:26 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by tecwrg on 7/7/2015 2:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/7/2015 2:13:00 PM (view original):
I don't know why you're having such a hard time understanding this.

I can say definitively that gay marriage is harmless. There isn't a reason to prohibit gay marriages.

I can't say definitively that polygamy is harmless. If it is, then there isn't a reason to prohibit it. You seem to think that it isn't harmless. What's the harm?
What arduous process of investigation did you follow to get to the point where you can definitively conclude that gay marriage is harmless?

Can't you follow that same process to make a definitive conclusion one way or the other about polygamy?

This is how I know gay marriage is harmless:

1) It's been legal in various states for over 10 years and no one has been harmed.
2) Tens of millions of dollars have been spent trying to stop gay marriage and still no one has been able to articulate a harm.

The same can't be said for polygamy. Just because both subjects are related to marriage, doesn't mean they are the same.

If you think either one is harmful, feel free to say so.
7/7/2015 2:32 PM
7/7/2015 2:37 PM
So in summary . . . 

bad_luck can't think of a single reason why polygamy should NOT become the law of the land based on the EXACT SAME REASONING that he used to endorse gay marriage, yet he's afraid to endorse polygamy because he'll feel like a jackass in admitting that gay marriage kicked open the door towards polygamy.

CLOSED
7/7/2015 6:10 PM
LOL at tec declaring a thread closed again.

My reasoning for allowing gay marriage is that it actually is harmless.

You won't say that you think polygamy is harmless so there is nothing for me to admit to.

7/7/2015 6:36 PM
Actually, **** it. Polygamy is harmless and should also be allowed.

Happy?
7/7/2015 6:40 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/7/2015 1:24:00 PM (view original):
TEC WINS!!!!!

1ST ROUND KNOCKOUT!!!!!!
This thread has been over for 5+ hours. 
7/7/2015 6:47 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/7/2015 6:40:00 PM (view original):
Actually, **** it. Polygamy is harmless and should also be allowed.

Happy?
Sure.  Marriage makes people happy.  More happiness for everybody.

So now that gay marriage is the law of the land, that opens the door for polygamy.

What will come after polygamy?
7/7/2015 8:32 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...20 Next ▸
LOL at this idiot Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.