DH52 Draft League L- Rosters and Your Commentary Topic

well, van... i dont know about "title no. 4" but if i had to assess our head-to-head games... not sure that moses and ewing can inflict too much damage against wilt and reed, and i'm confident that moncrief and frazier can defend nick anderson and payton... and i'll take pierce over weatherspoon... so, glad to see you're confident, but i see other squads in this league who seem built to win the title a little more than our teams. gl2u my friend
7/6/2015 2:27 AM
I'm certain that Moses and Ewing will out score Wilt and Reed.
7/6/2015 2:06 PM
Thanks to jhuskow for the closest thing we've had to evals.
7/8/2015 10:14 PM
1. scudmissle - Wilt Chamberlain, Willis Reed, Walt Frazier, Sidney Moncreif, Paul Pierce, Edgar Jones, Rodrigue Beaubois
     Not too high on the season of Pierce being used (high usg%, mediocre efg%), but Wilt's amazing efg% ought to balance that out. Defense seems strong, and Wilt is the #1 pick for a reason. Grade: B+
2. copernicus - 
LeBron James, Marcus Camby, Buck Williams, Ray Allen, Bo Outlaw, Emeka Okafor, Paul Westphal
     This team looks like it doesn't have a cohesive plan. Are you playing LBJ @ PG? Not a whole lot of ast%, and lack of a good post threat. Rebounding looks solid though. They will win when LeBron goes hero ball, but it will be ugly. Grade: C-
3. thomcat - 
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Deron Williams, Bobby Jones, Eddie Jones, Spencer Haywood, Chris Andersen, Johnny Moore
     I'm really rooting for this team- or rather, for Haywood to not sink the ship. The Jones duo on the wings will be tough defensively, and they both bring strong efg% to the table on offense. KAJ is a killer, and Deron is solid. All in all, a well-rounded team. Grade: A-
4. longtallbrad - 
Michael Jordan, Dikembe Mutombo, Shawn Kemp, Mark Price, Draymond Green, Eric Bledsoe, Nene Hilario
     I really like this team. MJ and Kemp are a great 1-2 scoring punch and Mutombo can clean the boards well. I can't wait to see how Green produces in this league. I think his performance might be the X-factor to determine how far this team goes. Grade: A
5. vancem - 
Moses Malone, Gary Payton, Patrick Ewing, Nick Anderson, Clarence Weatherspoon, George Hill, John Henson
     At first glance, this team seems primed for greatness. But at second glance, a lot of the shine wears off. Payton has low efg% for his usg%. Both Malone and Ewing have turnover problems. However, the other players in the starting lineup can make up for these weaknesses. Grade: C+
6. dh555 - 
Shaquille O'Neal, Kevin McHale, Jerry Lucas, Derek Harper, Jamaal Tinsley, Nicolas Batum, Antonio McDyess
     Oh, Shaq. One of these days, I will draft you, and everything will be glorious. Anyways, dh did a good job building around the big man. My first thought was that there weren't enough 3's to keep teams from going -3, but Batum can hit them in abundance. Is it enough to not pack the paint against Shaq and McHale? Not really, but c'est la vie. They'll survive. Grade: B+
7. hoopsdude - 
Dwight Howard- Mookie Blaylock, Bob Lanier, Clyde Drexler, Cedric Maxwell, Brendan Wright, Nikola Vucevic 
     I like my inside-out game with Mookie and Howard, and landing Drexler in the 4th was a steal, but... I don't think it will be enough. I don't have my usual number of rebounds or assists, and my efg% chasing kinda failed with the Lanier pick. Grade: C+
8. sixernuggets - 
David Robinson, Tyson Chandler, Steve Nash, A.C. Green, Vince Carter, Jon Barry, Kermit Washington
     2 of your 3 frontcourt players will be out of position, losing effectiveness. Nash can't hide on defense. Your rebounding should be above average, but not enough to really salvage anything. Grade: D
9. jt7king - 
Karl Malone, Joakim Noah, Andrei Kirilenko, Brent Barry, John Wall, Russell Westbrook, Toni Kukoc
     This is a usage trainwreck. Not only that, but most of it is highly inefficient. You don't have any semblance of decent rebounding, so you better hope that having all that ast% will cause the bump. If not, you're pretty much screwed. Grade: D
10. ysw128 - 
Stephen Curry, Oscar Robertson, Tom Boerwinkle, Mel Daniels, Paul Pressey, Roy Tarpley, Thebo Sefolosha
     I really don't know who you're planning on starting at SF, considering you don't really have any dh52-worthy SF's on your roster. Boerwinkle, Daniels, and Tarpley should keep you afloat on the boards, but you're still going to get killed there. I normally don't really care about this, but you have an obscene number of fouls. Grade: D
11. pennsylvania - 
Larry Bird, Bill Walton, Maurice Cheeks, Andre Iguodala, Sam Bowie, Elvin Hayes, David Thompson
     The numbers look pretty good, but my gut instinct says this won't work. Grade: B-
12. uptowngbv - 
Dwyane Wade, Elton Brand, Horace Grant, Tracy McGrady, Nate McMillan, Red Robbins, Dan Gadzuric
     Another instance of my head and my gut disagreeing. I have a hard time believing that Wade and TMac can coexist, but if they can, this could be a fantastic team. Grade: B-
13. slymonium - 
Kevin Durant, Anthony Davis, Chris Webber, Charlie Ward, Tree Rollins, Clifford Ray, Jeff Teague
     It appears that sly has taken ash's place as "owner who always builds a solid team". Everything seems to be in working order: boards, assists, 3s, defense, efficient scoring- all present. Grade: A
14. jkaye24 - 
Ben Wallace, Donyell Marshall, Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Jose Calderon, Ryan Anderson, Dominique Wilkins
     Neither Kobe nor Wilkins has above average efg% for this league, and it looks like they're going to be relied upon to do most of the scoring. Outside of Wallace, there are no outstanding rebounders on the roster. Defense is also relatively weak. When 'Nique and Kobe are on, this could be fun to watch. But chances are, this team will lay an egg. Grade: C
15. 98average - 
Dennis Rodman, Alonzo Mourning, Robert Parish, Terrell Brandon, Hassan Whiteside, Rodney McCray, Larry Sanders! 
     This team has even less of a solution for paint-packing than dh's squad. Yes, Brandon is a good player, but he can't do everything himself. Other than that small hiccup, this team looks incredible. 98 might be a total dick, but he can definitely build winners. Grade: B+
16. milest - 
Chris Paul, Bob McAdoo, Anthony Mason, Dan Roundfield, Grant Hill, Mark Jackson, Anderson Varejao 
     I'm rooting for Hill even more than I am for Haywood. He was one of my favorite players as a kid, and I hate seeing him so abused by the sim community. If he can be the recipient of the mystical ast% bump, he could work wonders. Hill aside, this team has its flaws (Roundfield being a total hack, no clear SF), but it has some strong parts too (high rebounding and ast%). Grade: C
17. jcred5 - 
John StocktonManu Ginobli, Amare Stoudamire, Andre Drummond, Paul Millsap, Goran Dragic, Cedric Ceballos
     This team has crappy post D, but geez, the efg% is through the roof. I can't wait to see how this team does. Grade: B
18. jhsukow - 
Tim Duncan, Chauncey Billups,Terry Porter, Gerald Wallace, Andrew Bogut, Danny Granger, Blake Griffin
     I personally think you should use a different Duncan, just because you should get more minutes than that out of your 1st round pick. I'm a bit confused about you team though. If I were you, I'd start Wallace at SG and Griffin at SF, and bring Porter in as a super sub. But that doesn't seem to be your plan.Griffin looks to be playing PF, where he'll be totally overmatched. Grade: C-
19. mikee1- 
Charles Barkley, Anfernee Hardaway, Rudy Gobert, Kevin Love Arvydas Sabonis, Dirk Nowitzki, Bobby Phills
     This is a nightmare of a team, in a good way. Gobert can cover for Love's terrible D, Love and Phills can hit the 3's, and Barkley will just dominate. I've tried using Sabonis a couple times, and he never works for me. I can't wait to face this team. It will be exciting. Grade: A
20. eleibowitz - 
Jason Kidd, DeAndre Jordan, James Harden, Marques Johnson, Andrew Bynum, Al Horford, Carmelo Anthony
     Harden gets to play hero ball. I think TMac would have been better here, though. He will be able to work with an extremely capable supporting cast. Grade: B
21. banditone - 
Artis Gilmore, Scottie Pippen, Larry Nance, Jerry West, Wesley Person, JR Smith, Chris Gatling
     Well, bandit is using basically all the wrong seasons of players. And it looks like Larry Nance is playing PF. Big no-no. Grade: D
22. amerk1180 - 
Magic Johnson, Bill Russell, Klay Thompson, Walt Bellamy, Alvin Robertson, Kosta Koufos, Chris Mullin
     Another team without a dh52 caliber SF. Thompson is not worth a 3rd round pick. Grade: D+
23. cjok1051- 
Hakeem Olajuwon, Julius Erving, Rajon Rondo, Danny Green, Jason Terry, Kris Humphries, Kenneth Faried
     Dr. J should be playing SG in this league. I'm really not scared of this team. Lacks some intangible quality to make it look like a contender. Oh, and I drafted Brandan Wright, so he can't be on your roster.
24. iccoachb - 
Kevin Garnett, Shawn Marion, Serge Ibaka, Kawhi Leonard, Mark Eaton, Joe Dumars, Doug Christie
     Wow. Grade: F
7/9/2015 9:48 PM (edited)
1. scudmissle - Wilt Chamberlain, Willis Reed, Walt Frazier, Sidney Moncreif, Paul Pierce, Edgar Jones, Rodrigue Beaubois
Weakness: High turnovers, Shakey defense, and Fouls
Grade B-

2. copernicus - LeBron James, Marcus Camby, Buck Williams, Ray Allen, Bo Outlaw, Emeka Okafor, Paul Westphal
Weakness: Rebounding, Defense, and Fouls. Started with LeBron and then things went to chit.
Grade D

3. thomcat - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Deron Williams, Bobby Jones, Eddie Jones, Spencer Haywood, Chris Andersen, Johnny Moore
Weakness: Everything. One bad pick after another. I think I just puked in my mouth.
Grade: F

4. longtallbrad - Michael Jordan, Dikembe Mutombo, Shawn Kemp, Mark Price, Draymond Green, Eric Bledeoe, Nene Hilario
Weakness: Rebounding, Fouls, Turnovers, Defense. Definitely not one of LTB's best efforts. In fact I'm ashamed of you.
Grade D-

5. vancem - Moses Malone, Gary Payton, Patrick Ewing, Nick Anderson, Clarence Weatherspoon, George Hill, John Henson
Weakness: Defense is shakey, Leadership. Going for #4? That's not happening unless you are trying something new on the toilet. Is there a #4?
Grade B

6. dh555 - Shaquille O'Neal, Kevin McHale, Jerry Lucas, Derek Harper, Jamaal Tinsley, Nicolas Batun, Antonio McDyess
Weakness: Every pick after Shaq. My daughter has been playing the lion tamer too much.
Grade: F

7. hoopsdude - Dwight Howard- Mookie Blaylock, Bob Lanier, Clyde Drexler, Cedric Maxwell, Brendan Wright, Nikola Vucevic 
Weakness: Defense and fouls. Otherwise not a bad effort from a shoddy owner.
Grade B-

8. sixernuggets - David Robinson, Tyson Chandler, Steve Nash, A.C. Green, Vince Carter, Jon Barry, Kermit Washington
Weakness: Rebounds, Steve Nash, Fouls. Sixer loves the lottery, will get to see it another year.
Grade D+

9. jt7king - Karl Malone, Joakim Noah, Andrei Kirilenko, Brent Barry, John Wall, Russell Westbrook, Toni Kukoc
Weakness: Shooting is disgraceful. Looks like a WNBA team.
Grade F-

10. ysw128 - Stephen Curry, Oscar Robertson, Tom Boerwinkle, Mel Daniels, Paul Pressey, Roy Tarpley, Thebo Sefolosha
Weakness: Fouls. Interesting team but in the end they won't be able to stop anyone. I foresee a lot of and 1's.
Grade D

11. pennsylvania - Larry Bird, Bill Walton, Maurice Cheeks, Andre Iguodala, Sam Bowie, Elvin Hayes, David Thompson
Weakness: 3's, rebounding, fouls. Kinda liked the makeup of the squad until I saw who was managing them. 
Grade D+

12. uptowngbv - 
Dwyane Wade, Elton Brand, Horace Grant, Tracy McGrady, Nate McMillan, Red Robbins, Dan Gadzuric
Weakness: A little of everything. Started very promising until the money rounds and uptown went broke.
Grade: D

13. slymonium - Kevin Durant, Anthony Davis, Chris Webber, Charlie Ward, Tree Rollins, Clifford Ray, Jeff Teague
Weakness: Turnovers and fouls. I just might be seeing you in the Finals again sly.
Grade A-

14. jkaye24 - Ben Wallace, Donyell Marshall, Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Jose Calderon, Ryan Anderson, Dominique Wilkins
Weakness: Dreadful shooting, rebounding, defense. Another WNBA team. Lock for a top 5 pick.
Grade F-

15. 98average - 
Dennis Rodman, Alonzo Mourning, Robert Parish, Terrell Brandon, Hassan Whiteside, Rodney McCray, Larry Sanders! 
Weakness: None. Best Dad in the world.
Grade A+

16. milest - 
Chris Paul, Bob McAdoo, Anthony Mason, Dan Roundfield, Grant Hill, Mark Jackson, Anderson Varejao 
Weakness: Everything. This team is ugly with a capital U. Another lock for a top 5 pick.
Grade F-

17. jcred5 - 
John StocktonManu Ginobli, Amare Stoudamire, Andre Drummond, Paul Millsap, Goran Dragic, Cedric Ceballos
Weakness: Every pick after your starting backcourt. It brings tears to my eyes seeing how promising things start out, then it turns into a nightmare.
Grade: D

18. jhsukow - 
Tim Duncan, Chauncey Billups,Terry Porter, Gerald Wallace, Andrew Bogut, Danny Granger, Blake Griffin
Weakness: REBOUNDS. Ughh. You will be dominated on the glass every game. I think a team of Muggsy's could outrebound your team.
Grade F

19. mikee1- 
Charles Barkley, Anfernee Hardaway, Rudy Gobert, Kevin Love Arvydas Sabonis, Dirk Npwitztke, Bobby Phills
Weakness: Defense. Other than that not a bad squad. My team will enjoy the layup drills you will offer during the game.
Grade C

20. eleibowitz - 
Jason Kidd, DeAndre Jordan, James Harden, Marcus Johnson, Andrew Bynum, Al Horford, Carmelo Anthony
Weakness: Just a little on everything. Probably my main threat in the conference. But I'm not worried.
Grade B-

21. banditone - 
Artis Gilmore, Scottie Pippen, Larry Nance, Jerry West, Wesley Person, JR Smith, Chris Gatling
Weakness: Bad usage of money salary cap space. Enjoy watching me win the division and there is nothing you can do about it.
Grade C-

22. amerk1180 - 
Magic Johnson, Bill Russell, Klay Thompson, Walt Bellamy, Alvin Robertson, Kosta Koufos, Chris Mullin
Weakness: Very few. Looks like a third place finish in the division. Which should get you in the playoffs. Congrats.
Grade C+

23. cjok1051- 
Hakeem Olajuwon, Julius Erving, Rajon Rondo, Danny Green, Jason Terry, Kris Humphries, Kenneth Faried
Weakness: Little light on the boards. Overall a nice team. Second place in the division which make you the first loser. Congrats.
Grade B+ 

24. iccoachb - 
Kevin Garnett, Shawn Marion, Serge Ibaka, Kawhi Leonard, Mark Eaton, Joe Dumars, Doug Christie
Weakness: Rebounding, getting to the line. Not a bad squad overall. Just a few glaring weaknesses.
Grade C+ 
7/10/2015 12:31 AM (edited)
Lol 98. Evals were as entertaining as I had hoped for. Thanks for doing them. You too hoops. Thanks.
7/9/2015 11:53 PM
what the hell does "playing the lion tamer" mean? anyone?
7/10/2015 12:02 AM
Let's play the Lion Tamer. You get on all fours and I'll put my head in your mouth
7/10/2015 12:29 AM
Posted by 98average on 7/10/2015 12:29:00 AM (view original):
Let's play the Lion Tamer. You get on all fours and I'll put my head in your mouth
ya know...if you view me as your daughter...

7/10/2015 11:54 AM
◂ Prev 123456
DH52 Draft League L- Rosters and Your Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.