Division II Blog Season 98 Topic

Posted by spcbuzzard on 6/15/2015 6:58:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for what you've done dachman. Now who needs one of them fancy edumacations when your a football coach?
                                                 Ditto 
6/16/2015 9:31 AM
Posted by nacorwin on 6/16/2015 12:50:00 AM (view original):
Dachman, your work has been great. I voted for the season preview and top 15. Being greedy, I hope you don't give any of it up. If you have to give up one thing, I would vote for the bubble watch on early days. What/where is your postdoc?
So the swiss national science foundation is funding a postdoc in human neuroscience at Mount Sinai hospital in New york for me. Let's see if that fancy edumaction will hurt my coaching capacities ;)

I do feel like it has gotten to be a bit much. But looking at the results I am actually quite happy. The conference previews and the early bubble watches are among the most work intensive parts. Seeing as they did not have as many people liking them I think, that is where I will cut.

I was honestly surprised that some people liked the playoff coverage best. I am not exactly doing much there.

6/16/2015 3:36 PM
As in the past two seasons, I will put up lines, except for games involving my own teams. And as in past seasons, I am not putting a lot of research into these lines.
Picking sides in the comments is encouraged.

North

Wow the north is loaded. I HATE to be part of this region. There are 3 of my preseason top 5 4 of my preseason top 9.

UMC -7.5 vs Edinboro

Glenville vs Northern State -1.5

NCCU -10.5 vs ESUP

South

With all due respect to the concerned teams... this is the region I would just love to have my team in. Is there really no way I could swap with Mars Hill?

GVSU -1.5 vs Indiana
Its some time since I saw the difference between a 1 and an 8 seed being this miniscule. The best team in my preseason top 15 was Delta who was ranked 7th.

Lane -3.5 vs Kutztown

Bryant vs Delta State -5.5

Mars Hill -9.5 vs West Virginia State

East

The remaining 2 top teams on my preseason top 15 can be found in this region. So the way to the final 4 is tough. The way to the quarters is not really tougher than elsewhere for the top seeds though.

Quincy -15.5 vs Abilene Christian

TAM Commerce vs Northwest Missouri -1.5

Ferris State -5.5 vs UCA
wow Ferris suffered a lot of turnovers lately. How to put that into a line against a team that is less talented at the base?

Western State -21.5 vs Stonehill

West:

I also woud not have minded being in that region. The first round might be mostly boring here. That said, I see some veeery fun and competitive 2nd round and regional final matchups coming.

Millersville -14.5 vs Carson Newman

Virginia State -15.5 vs Humboldt State

Mansfield -8.5 vs SVSU

Valdosta State vs Kentucky State -3.5

6/16/2015 4:03 PM (edited)
Round 2

North

UMC -11.5 vs Glenville

South

Indiana vs Lane -8.5

Bryant -2.5 vs Mars Hill

East

Quincy -19.5 vs TAM Commerce

Western State -12.5 vs Ferris State

West

Millersville -4.5 vs Virginia State

SVSU vs Valdosta State -6.5

6/17/2015 6:49 PM (edited)
Couple of surprising and interesting games in the first round! Is this the year Bryant makes it to the Quarters? Got to get by a good Mars Hill team first.
6/17/2015 9:30 PM
UMC v. NCCU and Quincy v. Western (CO) sure has the feel of a final four not quarters. Still a lot of other good teams left. Good luck to all.
6/18/2015 6:13 PM
It's killing be being eliminated and watching the results from the outside.  But my Heartfelt Wishes are for my PSAC brother Lyonzfan to take it to the house !   Congrats to all that have gotten this far.
6/19/2015 2:51 AM
Ok, back after my usual day of absance after i get kicked out of the playoffs. We got the final four by now.

In North vs South we have UMC vs Indiana. A number 8 seed who made it to the final four is always quit the srusprise. But just to make this clear: Indiana coming out of the south is only middling surprise once one saw that draw. Indiana is a decent team and the south was really easy. That said, there is a reason Indiana lost 5 games in the regular season and a meeting with the champ from two seasons ago is likely the end of the cinderella dream, UMC is just way more talented. UMC -11.5

In the east vs West we got Western State vs Valdosta. this is the 4th semi final for western in the span of 7 seasons, but the last title is 16 seasons ago. But clearly Western is a regular guest at this stage and has a lot of talent. Valdosta on the other hand has not made the semis since season 34. While there is also talent, it is clearly not at the level of westerns. Western State -10.5
6/19/2015 5:54 PM
I have been here in Warner D2 for a long time. I cannot remember a more dominant walk through the playoffs than just occurred with UM-Crookston. If that was not the best team in Warner D2 in the last 31 seasons it sure would not take long to call the roll of those better.
6/21/2015 2:44 PM
It was pretty impressive. Cheers nacorwin!
6/21/2015 9:13 PM
It was impressive. But NCCUs run last season was also quite impressive. In any case: congrats to nacorwin.
6/22/2015 9:27 PM
◂ Prev 1234
Division II Blog Season 98 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.