May 26th Update - Feedback Topic

Posted by willsauve on 5/26/2015 12:32:00 PM (view original):
Whats accompished by not being able to view all of the scouting budgets?  In the world I run we have a min on HS/College/ADV/Med/Training.  So our rules are now obsolete.. We'll ahve to adjust but I thought the whole point of the budget viewing changes was to make it harder for people to track other teams available prospect $$.

This:

It will make trading for 2nd year players more difficult but, yeah, same deal.   I was trying to trade for a 2nd year player yesterday.   I did what I always did.  Checked the scouting budget, checked players drafted by the owner in the same range, checked the scouting budget for those seasons.   Decided the player wasn't as good as his draft position.   Can't check budgets now.
5/26/2015 12:34 PM
Posted by willsauve on 5/26/2015 12:32:00 PM (view original):
Whats accompished by not being able to view all of the scouting budgets?  In the world I run we have a min on HS/College/ADV/Med/Training.  So our rules are now obsolete.. We'll ahve to adjust but I thought the whole point of the budget viewing changes was to make it harder for people to track other teams available prospect $$.
Perhaps a future update could allow the commissioner to set minimum budgets for each category before the season starts. It would certainly make it easier to enforce.
5/26/2015 12:47 PM
Anyway, I think the point was to make ADV more valuable.   I don't think they did a very good job of it but, if you can't check other team's scouting budgets, you don't know if they had to pick from a small pool or if the draftee came from a large pool.   If an owner with 0 HS drafts an 18 y/o, I know he only saw 8-12 18 y/o players.  Best from a small pool.    Without that knowledge today, I have to rely his development pattern from this year, his draft position and ADV(which is 0).
5/26/2015 12:52 PM
Riley world is coming up to the all star game. We'll let everyone know how to DITR's improved when they get listed.
5/26/2015 1:07 PM
Should Player Budget, Prospect Budget and Coach Budget be hidden for all franchises except your own?
Votes: 150
(Last vote received: 7/29/2015 4:36 PM)
5/26/2015 1:07 PM
I suspect the worst thing anyone ever did for Medical was call it "the bug."

I run $20 mil Medical to ensure the long term value of my players.  I do this in the hope that at 20, if one of my cornerstone guys takes a big ratings hit, if I invest the time and the budget he can get most of it back, preserving his career and the value of his contract.  It's important enough to me that I will drop my budget in any other category before Medical.  It's insurance.

I've never had a player turn into a fire breathing dragon because of it.  Maybe others like to tell those stories, but I haven't personally had one.

If you remove the ability of Medical to improve an injured player's ratings, you're absolutely inviting 0 Med strategy.  A player gets injured, it's just Next Man Up like the NFL.

5/26/2015 1:10 PM
A good point made on being able to view player payroll consumed versus needing to know Player Payroll Budget. Same can be said for prospect payroll.budget and coach payroll/budget.  Created a poll above for general feelings.

Another user mentioned a private rule enforcing minimum values used - this automated enforcement setting (along with a few others) is something we've been considering.
5/26/2015 1:10 PM
Posted by tzentmeyer on 5/26/2015 1:10:00 PM (view original):
A good point made on being able to view player payroll consumed versus needing to know Player Payroll Budget. Same can be said for prospect payroll.budget and coach payroll/budget.  Created a poll above for general feelings.

Another user mentioned a private rule enforcing minimum values used - this automated enforcement setting (along with a few others) is something we've been considering.
Giving commissioners more control would be huge, imo. Please pursue that.
5/26/2015 1:16 PM
damag, I run with 20 medical for the same reason, although the only players that seem to have more than one rating recovery bump seem to be players that were already injured when the season started.  It drives me crazy that a player with a huge injury 5+ points will never get anywhere near where he was before, regardless of how much you budget for medical.
5/26/2015 1:20 PM
This screen would have to be changed also:
Payroll Budget Old * New *
Season 34 $53,800,000 $50,954,314 $48,746,289
Season 35 $43,200,000 $19,927,000 $14,927,000
Season 36 $37,800,000 $9,400,000 $2,800,000
Season 37 $32,400,000 $3,600,000 $3,600,000
Season 38 $27,000,000 $0 $0

Might make trading a little more difficult, you'll have to find out how much cap space an owner has by asking.   Then again, opening up a line of communication isn't the worst thing ever when trying to trade.
5/26/2015 1:22 PM
It's the best thing. And, it what happens in the real world.
5/26/2015 1:27 PM
I'm not sure how you can effectively "hide" the player payroll budget.  You will still need to see that with a trading partner to know how much cap space they have to be able to absorb one or more salaries moving their way in trade.

I'm 100% in favor of hiding the prospect and coach budgets.

5/26/2015 1:36 PM
Like 35% have voted NO on the poll.

Is there a legitimate reason an owner might think that they should be able to see this info?

5/26/2015 1:36 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/26/2015 1:36:00 PM (view original):
I'm not sure how you can effectively "hide" the player payroll budget.  You will still need to see that with a trading partner to know how much cap space they have to be able to absorb one or more salaries moving their way in trade.

I'm 100% in favor of hiding the prospect and coach budgets.

Why not just ask the guy if he has enough cap space?
5/26/2015 1:39 PM
You'd have to.    Just allowing us to make offers and get "Would exceed budget" opens it up to manipulating the system to find out how much cap space he has.  I send three players making 10m each for a RL player.   I get the message.   I send two and it goes thru.  I quickly remove it but now I know he has 20-30m in cap room.  So I make an offer with 25m and repeat the process until I figure it out.
5/26/2015 1:42 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...26 Next ▸
May 26th Update - Feedback Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.