Ticket response shows serious lack of care by staf Topic

Posted by the0nlyis on 5/21/2015 11:33:00 PM (view original):
Screenshot of ticket

Seriously!?

HOW HAS THAT NEVER BEEN DISCUSSED!?  ITS NOT LIKE ITS ONE IF THE BIGGEST THINGS PEOPLE WANT CHANGED!!

LOL I can't help but laugh at how pathetic that response is.

That list of suggested topics must be pretty large at this point..lol
5/22/2015 1:39 PM
I am strongly opposed to just changing the current one and letting you pick the 4 attributes you want, unless the price is also raised significantly - which I'm sure nobody wants as it would make pull downs cost prohibitive. I would be in favor of adding a second 'targeted' scouting trip where you could select one attribute and get only that.

I'd also like to see sets added to FSS - they can tell us a very accurate account of a player's ceiling, but they can't say if he played zone or man?
5/22/2015 3:02 PM
FWIW - when they had us do the survey recently, one of my suggestions was that when sending a SINGLE scouting visit in a cycle, you could instruct your evaluator to be sure to observe a SINGLE attribute.    So this isn't the first time they have heard the idea.
5/22/2015 3:25 PM
Building off a piece of acn24's post, there are gameplay considerations that need to be taken into account.  Changing scouting trips the way a lot of us would like, whether or not you change the price, would break the recruiting economy.  That can't be overlooked.
5/22/2015 5:22 PM
I feel like this could hurt the D1 international market a little. I've always felt that international/Puerto Rico recruits were gamechangers for schools that are not top-tier in D1. If anyone can easily determine certain ratings, a bigger school might be more inclined to spend money to get an idea of a rating and may take a run at a player they wouldn't normally want to. Just my two cents.
5/22/2015 8:10 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 5/22/2015 5:22:00 PM (view original):
Building off a piece of acn24's post, there are gameplay considerations that need to be taken into account.  Changing scouting trips the way a lot of us would like, whether or not you change the price, would break the recruiting economy.  That can't be overlooked.
Exactly.  The only way to improve the current system would be to make FSS provide somewhat LESS information and to make it possible to send scouting trips that adjust the odds of receiving a response on a particular attribute by virtue of telling the scout for which position the player is recruited.  Do anything like allowing a scouting trip to specify EXACTLY which attributes are to be reported, then the gameplay of recruiting would break down completely.  

There is a way to improve scouting, D1 recruit generation and FSS, but it certainly would be difficult to get right.

5/22/2015 10:24 PM
Posted by deroches on 5/22/2015 3:25:00 PM (view original):
FWIW - when they had us do the survey recently, one of my suggestions was that when sending a SINGLE scouting visit in a cycle, you could instruct your evaluator to be sure to observe a SINGLE attribute.    So this isn't the first time they have heard the idea.
This was my thinking as well. Perhaps allowing the option to scout 4 random or 1 surefire would be fair at the same price. I don't believe it would break the recruiting economy at all. 
5/23/2015 1:02 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 5/22/2015 11:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by kevodaphenom on 5/22/2015 10:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by trail on 5/22/2015 9:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by kevodaphenom on 5/22/2015 8:41:00 AM (view original):
It's fine the way it is now. This is such a tiny "issue" for them to even care.
Do you actually believe that? This is a prime example of a big issue that can easily be fixed, but is largely ignored like the rest of the community's requests. 
Yup, there would be no use for the fss if this change was made. Everyone talks about changes but things are fine. Could the game use some updates? Of course, but some things should just be left alone.
I feel pretty similarly but it is a minority opinion.  
Well, certainly one could make an argument that this undermines FSS ... then again, FSS is a broad brush and it would not be very cost effective to use this instead of FSS for mass recruiting.

For example, one scouting trip costs between $150 and $180 for < 180 miles .. all of New Yoirk on FSS is $1,762 for 339 recruits.  This would mean for the same price as all of New York, you can only do 11 or 12 trips.  You would likely need at least 2 for each recruit to get a complete picture (8 attributes).  So, you can get a broad stroke for 339 recruits or details for 6 recruits at the same cost.

At Division-1, almost everyone would be able to FSS and then target recruits afterwards.  I think that would obviously help the big name schools who have prestige advantages most.  They would be able to more cheaply target the best of the best and there would be less chances of high-high guys dropping through the cracks.

But at Div-2 and Div-3, I don't think there is enough money to do FSS and enough scuting trips to lock down all the good recruits.  So, I think at the lower levels, this will lead to two ways to recruit.  Some guys will spend a bunch on FSS and they will know general red, blue, black info on a bunch of recruits .. and then there will be another group who will either not do FSS at all and look for and find guys via only trips.  The trips only will be risky (you can't afford to do many that way).

I think this would open up Div-2 and Div-3 recruiting by making more recruits available to more people since trips cost more than FSS .. and this will increase the number of people not using FSS .. making FSS more valuable to the people that use it.

In any event, it could be good and it could be bad .. and recruiting works well enough now as is, so I don't think this is a huge deal either way.  But I would like to see it (pick 4 attributes you can see), if I were voting yes or no.

5/23/2015 9:48 AM
Posted by acn24 on 5/22/2015 3:02:00 PM (view original):
I am strongly opposed to just changing the current one and letting you pick the 4 attributes you want, unless the price is also raised significantly - which I'm sure nobody wants as it would make pull downs cost prohibitive. I would be in favor of adding a second 'targeted' scouting trip where you could select one attribute and get only that.

I'd also like to see sets added to FSS - they can tell us a very accurate account of a player's ceiling, but they can't say if he played zone or man?
But this is really only a problem at Division 1, at Div-2 and Div-3, especially outside 180 miles, scouting trips are pretty costly.  At 180 miles you can only do 11 trips for what it costs to scout New York.  At  360 miles it is only 6 trips.  At 400 miles, only 3 trips.

So, you would still either have to spend on FSS to decide who is worth sending trips to .. or only take changes with local recruits at Div-2 and Div-3.

At Div-1, I totally agree that this would make it too easy (pick 4).

But at Div-2 and 3 this could lead to guys picking one state, doing FSS and only recruiting there .. which would open up other areas as compared to the FSS broad stroke model of today.

5/23/2015 9:58 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 5/22/2015 12:05:00 PM (view original):
what if instead of being able to choose which ratings to scout you just didn't get scouting reports on the same things each time.  I mean I would fire my scout without hesitation if he came back telling me the recruits athleticism was good, and then I sent him again and he lets me know the recruits athleticism is good.  Its like Jim Carey from dumb and dumber is your scout the way it is right now, especially with the bad jokes about minivans
I agree with this. It's really frustrating, especially if you are trying to find out about an International player. I have has to spend $7,000 on scouting before on an international PG to be sure they have potential in Ball Handling and Passing, which should be the first thing that a decent scout would figure out. It should not be that hard to fix. There are a few things that just make sense to adjust that would improve the game dramatically. Another one is to allow more than 2 hours for the first cycle.
5/23/2015 7:14 PM
Posted by slicknick777 on 5/22/2015 8:10:00 PM (view original):
I feel like this could hurt the D1 international market a little. I've always felt that international/Puerto Rico recruits were gamechangers for schools that are not top-tier in D1. If anyone can easily determine certain ratings, a bigger school might be more inclined to spend money to get an idea of a rating and may take a run at a player they wouldn't normally want to. Just my two cents.
i agree with this. its frustrating as all hell in d2, where the money really matters, but its a great place for d1 schools or even lower to middle BCS schools to catch a break. all for those kinds of things.

maybe they could just make the new scouting trip like acn suggested (agree w/ him completely as well) and not have it available for internationals?
5/25/2015 1:16 PM
I dont know about this subject, but I recently had a very good experience with CS. I had my Providence team set to "not renew" and then somehow after it still automatically renewed me after the roll over. I didnt notice it as I hadnt been online. I immediately messaged them and they not only removed me but also gave me a credit for the season I would have lost. I thought it was a nice gesture.
5/26/2015 1:50 PM
I would leave it as is. The game has some serious issues. To me this isn't in the top 50. Anything that improves interaction and ease of community building among leagues and coaches to me would reap huge rewards. Too many sims and not enough human coaches is the biggest challenge they should focus on. Many things can be done to improve retention of coaches. Not that they will do any of them.
5/27/2015 10:16 PM
◂ Prev 12
Ticket response shows serious lack of care by staf Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.