Who has the best chance to beat Kentucky? Topic

Posted by emy1013 on 3/29/2015 8:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by whitey34 on 3/29/2015 8:16:00 PM (view original):
The problem with Michigan is that the booster had to close of ties with michigan.
And they still had to vacate all those wins and take down all those banners.  Whether he had to close off contact or not.  The runners-up banners are still in the basement in storage.  Watch 30 for 30.

And now...I'm done.

That's by far my favorite 30 for 30.
3/29/2015 9:39 PM
2 things. Coach k 8-1 for Izzo. Anything can happen but Izzo doesn't want to face Duke. MSU will need to hit 8-10 3s.

2 is that a law is a law or rule is a rule but it's life where it's up to a greater power to determine the severity. I stated good pts why NCAA didn't come down on Duke.

3 is a bonus - Winslow compared to MKG is horrible comparison. He could develop into a harden with his driving ability. Many analyst have said the same thing
3/29/2015 9:40 PM
I don't see Winslow as a MKG too. He has a lot more upside. If I am an NBA executive, I am thinking, I could grab that guy at 3-5... I am not sure I pass him up at 3 for Mudiay. or D'Angelo Russell.

He does struggle with his shot at times. It could be something that holds him back.

3/29/2015 9:52 PM
Posted by whitey34 on 3/29/2015 8:10:00 AM (view original):
You are on crack dude. If you were a real Duke fan you'd shut your mouth and know that coach K has owned izzo. Izzo is praying that the Zags win because he's only beaten coach K once I believe. Coach K is like 6 or 7-1 vs Izzo. I didn't prove anything to you besides the fact that you are a moron for misreading. Izzo has no shot vs UK just like with UNC and if he plays Duke he has about a 5% chance of winning.

About the maggette thing did I say that him taking $ wasnt wrong? Nope but there were no ties to Duke in regards to it like with other colleges that have been caught. What did they say Boeheim was at fault for? Failure to monitor. That's the NCAAs go to. If it didnt happen while at college they aren't as harsh.
True,the NCAA decided not to punish Duke for using a confessed ineligible player...allowing them to keep their wins and results. 

But, look at their results since the 1995 scandal.  In 16 of 19 seasons, Duke has been upset by lower seeded teams. Some of them were downright embarrassing...E.Michigan,VCU,Lehigh, and Mercer. They did win titles in 2001 and 2010 (when they had Lance "$100,000 Man" Thomas)

Why is that?   I've come up when 3 possible reasons, some of them more viable  than the others.

1) Duke was overseeded in some of those seasons;
2) Coach K can't consistently win the big ones;
3) God decided to punish Duke when the NCAA wouldn't
3/30/2015 10:45 AM
Al is a very bitter man! Some upsets is due to the one and done era. Coach K is learning to adapt like every good coach does. He's was a man def man forever but since zone is easier to learn in a yr he has adapted some.

Overseeded? They consistently play one of the toughest schedules and ranked in top 10 rpi. They had have a good tract record in ACC tourney which helps them.

I'm losing a lot of respect for ha Al with your bitterness blinding ya. How has florida done since back to back titles? UNC and UK I believe have been in the NIT once in the last 7-8 yrs but you judge coach K for getting upset with freshmen vs a SR. filled team? Come on Al.

It's hard to sustain success when it's win and go home. He has done it been tho with 4 titles and 1 in each of the last 3 decades. Want to talk about big games? Well why does Izzo only have 1 title? Why Cal only 1?

And man don't be bringing God up like that. Shame on you for saying that. I leave it at that because you don't go there with God.
3/30/2015 11:20 AM
It's just shameful you talk like that Al. The man has done more for basketball than anyone else has.
He's served our country, coached at Army, married 45+ yrs, tight knit family, produces quality people. Former Duke players battier, hill. Williams, bilas are announcers. Think gimiski and spanarkle were just before him. Danny ferry is in Hawks office for now. Coaches under him/former players that are coaches: Amaker, Dawkins, Snyder, Brey, Collins, wojo, capel was and will soon be again. And probably forget someone. He has turned USA basketball around. And then you want to talk as you know God?

Come on Al! You don't have to cheer for him, but show some respect!!!!
3/30/2015 11:33 AM
I served our country Whitey, have been married over 21+ years Whitey, and have a tight knit family Whitey, and you sure as hell aren't showing me any respect Whitey. 

Let's see, moron, crack head, no brain, I think idiot was thrown in there too.  Is that how you treat everyone you disagree with, or is it just me?
3/30/2015 12:06 PM
whitey, I'm joshing ya'.  Before I posted Duke's history, I sitemailed a fellow coach:

"I'm gonna post something that will absolutely drive whitey crazy! i don't believe most of it...I just want to get his goat."

Mission accomplished.  I'm done picking on Duke. LOL

3/30/2015 12:09 PM
You forgot clown. Read exactly what people write before you type or acknowledge what they type and then you may gain respect.
3/30/2015 12:11 PM
All good Al. I've lived in Michigan whole life. Best friend lives in NC and UNC fan, so Ive come to expect the rediculous comments, so not hard to get me due to that.
3/30/2015 12:13 PM
Posted by whitey34 on 3/30/2015 12:11:00 PM (view original):
You forgot clown. Read exactly what people write before you type or acknowledge what they type and then you may gain respect.
Oh yes, I forgot about clown.  How old are you Whitey, 12?
3/30/2015 12:14 PM
Nah.
3/30/2015 12:30 PM
there's nothing wrong with some good-natured ribbing between fans of rival sports franchises, but no need to levy personal attacks, whitey. i also think there's a man named Naismith who did just a teeny bit more for basketball than coach K :)
3/30/2015 1:03 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 3/30/2015 1:03:00 PM (view original):
there's nothing wrong with some good-natured ribbing between fans of rival sports franchises, but no need to levy personal attacks, whitey. i also think there's a man named Naismith who did just a teeny bit more for basketball than coach K :)
The sad thing is....we're both fans of the same team.

And while that technically constituted personal attacks, I've had far, far worse said to me.  What Whitey said was kid's stuff, junior high stuff.  Those kinds of things don't bother me, really just wanted to see how he'd respond when I pointed it out and he responded almost exactly how I expected him to respond, to no one's surprise I'm sure.  Just another keyboard warrior, no more no less.
3/30/2015 2:37 PM (edited)
Personal? Because you can't read and comprehend? You ask the same ? Over and over when I already answered it. Never cussed or said anything vulgar. But it's okay to call me 12, slow and jr high when I have a wife, children and own a business. It's always funny when the one who whines, whines about something he has done himself.

And you have not demonstrated in any way you are a Duke fan. I think you are clowning and are trying to make Duke look bad. I have a friend who plays this game as well and when he read your posts he in no way thought you could be one. You have displayed no facts in anyway that you watch Duke.
3/30/2015 3:04 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...13 Next ▸
Who has the best chance to beat Kentucky? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.