Cheaters among us Topic

EDITED
A situation recently came up in a progressive in which it turned out some owners have a relationship outside of WIS. The owners in question are:
sohio4ever
rufus4ever
bpamaco

Apparently it is well known in some WIS circles that sohio and rufus are father/son, but this was not well known or understood in the progressive under discussion. I am not exactly sure where bpamaco fits in there, if at all.

My strong recommendation to owners is that if you are good friends or especially if you are family members and you are in the same league, make that known up front, otherwise you set yourself up for misunderstandings.
11/11/2019 2:36 PM (edited)
Must have been in the same 3rd grade class I'd guess.
11/10/2019 9:35 AM
"While this Father & Son Tag Team may not finish first, it's only fitting we draft:
KEN GRIFFEY SENIOR"

Contrarian, this was a post by rufus4ever in March..it was Doctor Kz Tag Team League that they and I were both in. Rufus and Sohio finished last in that league.

In the sohio and bpamaco examples above, sohio used "=" while bpamaco used "-". I have only been in a few progressives but I do recall patterning my format after other's posts when it came to posting my keepers.

My conclusion? I have none. I'm curious to see how this plays out.
11/10/2019 10:41 AM (edited)
“Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat”...Jesse “The Body” Ventura
11/10/2019 10:35 AM
Post removed.
11/10/2019 11:07 AM
Posted by contrarian23 on 11/10/2019 10:20:00 AM (view original):
Hi Steve. I wasn't in that league. But thanks for posting.

I don't know how others feel about this, but if two individuals are related, I think that fact should be disclosed, especially if it's a league that includes trading.

Based on Steve's post it appears that, at minimum, rufus and sohio are related. Good to know.
I'm pretty sure the other dude is related also and it was made clear in Al's FDSS league they were. I'm not 100 percent sure though as it's been hard for me to pay attention this go around, too much traveling.
11/10/2019 11:11 AM
sohio4ever and rufus4ever are father and son and have made that public knowledge many times in the past. Don't know who the other username belongs to.
11/10/2019 11:26 AM
If that information is common knowledge then I apologize the duplication. I, for one, was unaware of that until today.

I have edited the original post and removed some others in the spirit of fair play, and the fact that the owners involved have been very responsive to the issues that were raised.
11/11/2019 2:38 PM (edited)
strawberry fields forever
11/10/2019 2:58 PM
Posted by The Taint on 11/10/2019 11:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by contrarian23 on 11/10/2019 10:20:00 AM (view original):
Hi Steve. I wasn't in that league. But thanks for posting.

I don't know how others feel about this, but if two individuals are related, I think that fact should be disclosed, especially if it's a league that includes trading.

Based on Steve's post it appears that, at minimum, rufus and sohio are related. Good to know.
I'm pretty sure the other dude is related also and it was made clear in Al's FDSS league they were. I'm not 100 percent sure though as it's been hard for me to pay attention this go around, too much traveling.
sohio4ever has been on the site off and on since 2002. He is the father of rufus4ever. bpamaco came along later and is a family friend. When you have family and friends playing together there will always be some that cast a suspicious eye. With this in mind, I personally approve their trades prior to them being posted for a league vote. They have always been up front with their relationship and have total confidence things are on the up and up.
11/12/2019 1:11 PM
Yes I've played with sohio forever a few times-years ago -befote my hiatus;I would be very surprised if he was cheating(possibly some minor cheating to help his son).Recently - about 2 or 3 months ago I was caught-after about 40 games having the wrong Kevin Brown on my roster.Even so my team wasn't headed anywhere.But some people thought I was cheating
11/12/2019 10:26 PM
bpamaco actually started before Sohio in 2002.
11/12/2019 11:28 PM
The funny thing is the majority of these posts are from folks are not in in the league, I am. I specifically posted my support of S4E as he is a good dude but the trade was way too lopsided and I think the reversal or the forensics could have been handled better before everyone got accused and then ******.

11/13/2019 7:46 PM
◂ Prev 12345
Cheaters among us Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.