Yankees & Arod's Bonuses Topic

If I were a voter, I'd look at the roiders in this way - anything before the "roid rules" were put into effect, is fine. It's a period of time where we were accepting of roiders, so it's hypocritical to hurt them now.  But AFTER the fact? Go screw, you're not in.
1/29/2015 10:53 AM
He's one of the best 15-20 players of all time. He's going to get in. When is the question.
1/29/2015 10:53 AM
We see with Rose that your on-the-field credentials aren't the only thing that matters.  There is almost literally nobody on ARod's side right now.  I'm struggling to find a way for him to get in. Maybe he goes on some sort of "I'm so incredibly sorry" tour for years and years to the point where people like him again.
1/29/2015 10:56 AM
Gambling is and always has been different from PEDs. Arod's punishment wasn't a permanent ban. Just a suspension. If you can allow him to come back and play, you can allow him in the hall.
1/29/2015 10:57 AM
You CAN, I just don't see nearly enough people WANTING to. If he was eligible today, I think he'd have trouble getting 10% of the vote.  I lot of people need to be convinced.
1/29/2015 11:00 AM
Raffy Palmeiro is a guy who probably deserves to be in the HOF, based on numbers alone. But he was caught using steroids after insisting he never touched them, and the most he got was 12% of the vote.
1/29/2015 11:02 AM
The writers aren't voting him in, that's not even worth discussing. But that's not the only avenue to the Hall.
1/29/2015 11:03 AM
Yea it would take a vets committee vote, and a lot of time to heal the wounds he created.
1/29/2015 11:11 AM
Eh.  I don't think the Vets Committee panel that eventually lets Bonds, Clemens, etc in is going to spend a lot of extra thought worrying about A-Rod.  And that day is still probably far enough away that not that many people will even really care about it anymore anyhow.
1/29/2015 11:22 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 1/29/2015 11:00:00 AM (view original):
You CAN, I just don't see nearly enough people WANTING to. If he was eligible today, I think he'd have trouble getting 10% of the vote.  I lot of people need to be convinced.
I agree with that. I just think he gets in eventually.
1/29/2015 11:24 AM
Posted by AlCheez on 1/29/2015 11:22:00 AM (view original):
Eh.  I don't think the Vets Committee panel that eventually lets Bonds, Clemens, etc in is going to spend a lot of extra thought worrying about A-Rod.  And that day is still probably far enough away that not that many people will even really care about it anymore anyhow.
I expect A-Rod, and me for that matter, will be dead before his enshrinement is seriously discussed.
1/29/2015 12:05 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/29/2015 12:05:00 PM (view original):
I expect A-Rod, and me for that matter, will be dead before his enshrinement is seriously discussed.
Disagree. He's 39. I'd be surprised if he's not in by the time he's 65. A lot can change in just a few years.

You might be dead in 25 years though, so maybe you're right on that.
1/29/2015 1:21 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 1/29/2015 10:56:00 AM (view original):
We see with Rose that your on-the-field credentials aren't the only thing that matters.  There is almost literally nobody on ARod's side right now.  I'm struggling to find a way for him to get in. Maybe he goes on some sort of "I'm so incredibly sorry" tour for years and years to the point where people like him again.
The ship has sailed on anyone caring about A-Rod apologizing. The first time he got caught he said he did PEDs to help justify his Texas contract, how he wouldn't do it again, blah blah blah. Then he got caught in the biogenesis mess.

After his playing career, he could apologize for decades and I don't see it helping his case. McGwire apologized, he's still not in.

Random recollection. I remember a story a while back about A-Rod hooking up with Madonna and bragging to his teammates about it. And his teammates were like, "Eh, that would have been cool like 15 years ago."
1/29/2015 1:41 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/29/2015 1:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/29/2015 12:05:00 PM (view original):
Disagree. He's 39. I'd be surprised if he's not in by the time he's 65. A lot can change in just a few years.

You might be dead in 25 years though, so maybe you're right on that.
Should we check back in with you in the year 2041?
1/29/2015 1:41 PM
I think we should ask Pete Rose.
1/29/2015 1:45 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...10 Next ▸
Yankees & Arod's Bonuses Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.