Yankees & Arod's Bonuses Topic

I won't disagree with that but I don't think I'd say "knew".   There weren't that many guys who were getting bigger/better in their 30s.   When the HRs started flying out of the park with astonishing regularity, I think that's when the talk became more knowing than questioning. 
1/30/2015 9:36 AM
Correct, and there wasn't talk of "we need to get steroids out of the game." Instead, it was "chicks dig the longball."

So to punish those players now is very hypocritical. 
1/30/2015 9:38 AM
But once there was that talk, and the JDA was developed, punishing those players the way Clemens and McGwire are punished by many, is fine.
1/30/2015 9:39 AM
I think MLB's initial response was "Uh, err, ahh, err......" because ballparks were full and people were loving it.    Then Congress got involved.

I'm not sure what time frame Steve Phillips was referring to but he said "We knew".
1/30/2015 9:58 AM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10
Yankees & Arod's Bonuses Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.