11 of 12 footballs deflated.... Topic

Posted by edsortails on 5/14/2015 3:56:00 PM (view original):
If Brady doesn't at least appeal you know there is a group out there ready to say "see!!!!!! He didn't even appeal it....that proves he's guilty!!!!!!!"
Do you really think that matters?

Think of Clemens.   People said "If you didn't use PED, you gotta sue.   Take 'em to court!!!"  Clemens did.   What did that get him?

Brady appeals, wins/loses, and it doesn't matter.  Those who think he's a cheating fuckwad(he is as he has a bastard child) will continue to think he's a cheating fuckwad.   Those who masturbate to their Brady bobblehead will never believe he had anything to do with it.
5/14/2015 4:10 PM
That is exactly my point...

Also, Goodell will preside over the appeal......lol @ impartial
5/15/2015 9:11 AM
The NFLPA is the worst. 
5/15/2015 9:18 AM
Man....this story is a joke.  
5/15/2015 3:09 PM
Posted by eschwartz67 on 1/22/2015 10:23:00 AM (view original):
Bill's thinking...

Deflate the balls. Tom prefers it. What is the NFL gonna do? Award the game to be replayed or deem the Colts AFC champs? Suspend me or Brady for the Super Bowl? No. They will do what they always do. They will be the vaginas they always are and fine us. Maybe take a draft pick. Big deal. Kraft will give me a raise to cover the suspension like Spygate, and we will be in the Super Bowl. Now we have to find another way to gain an unfair advantage or Seattle might have a fair chance.
in retrospect, this may not have been close to what he was thinking at all

it is funny how the report on the 11 of 12 and the massive amount of under inflation was just accepted as gospel truth

people that want to see guilt in New England will obviously never be swayed, but the corruption within the upper offices of the NFL is just disgusting.....I think every case they have ever ruled on should be re-investigated
8/6/2015 1:33 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/23/2015 1:26:00 PM (view original):
I'm pretty sure I've said the same thing.   Several times.    But, if they have no evidence that either of them ordered the balls to be deflated, you can't throw punishment at them.
False.
8/6/2015 4:11 AM
Except they have evidence.    Texts between Brady and ballboys.
8/6/2015 7:01 AM
Brady is clearly lying about certain things in his testimony.  He just isn't credible at all.  The NFL also looks like fucktards, but it doesn't change the fact that Brady isn't credible.
8/6/2015 8:15 AM
I think Goodell is taking advice from Selig now.   This should be a big time for the NFL with camps opening and they're stepping on their own dicks with this.   That's so MLB-like that Selig has to be involved.
8/6/2015 8:30 AM
I can't say Brady is clearly telling the truth, but I don't believe it can be said that he is clearly lying

He texted the guys after this came out and asked them if they knew what was going on (his story, not a presentation of fact)...this seems reasonable--wouldnt you want to talk with the people that might know?
8/6/2015 8:58 AM
Who is pumped for the Hall of Fame game?
8/6/2015 9:01 AM
He's lying.  It's one of those "I have to lie" things but he's lying.  I imagine, deep down, he's thinking "**** it.  I know every QB does something to the ball and I want to scream that into the microphone.  But, if I do that, I have to admit I instructed them to deflate the footballs.   Then everyone knows I'm a filthy liar and I'll have to take 4 games.   If I keep up the lie, I might get 2.  And I can still claim I didn't know."
8/6/2015 9:22 AM
Posted by edsortails on 8/6/2015 8:58:00 AM (view original):
I can't say Brady is clearly telling the truth, but I don't believe it can be said that he is clearly lying

He texted the guys after this came out and asked them if they knew what was going on (his story, not a presentation of fact)...this seems reasonable--wouldnt you want to talk with the people that might know?
I didn't say his whole testimony was a lie, but he was clearly lying at certain points, which makes believing the rest of the testimony more difficult.
8/6/2015 9:47 AM
"ONE'S A BORN LIAR, THE OTHER A CONVICTED ONE"
8/6/2015 2:44 PM
What would you point to as clearly a lie?

If I were a casual observer of this I would want to understand why the NFL keeps putting out misleading information and flat out lies if they felt like Tom was guilty on the merits of the information they have.
8/6/2015 3:27 PM
◂ Prev 1...19|20|21|22 Next ▸
11 of 12 footballs deflated.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.