11 of 12 footballs deflated.... Topic

As stated, you can't convict and suspend BB before the SB.   All everyone will talk about is "What are Pats going to do with BB?"     That's MLB's way of taking away from the actual game.   The NFL is too smart.
1/21/2015 4:10 PM
You claim the NFL is too smart? After how they handled Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson... I wouldnt be shocked if these bozos change the name of the Lombardi Trophy to The Belichick Trophy
1/21/2015 4:18 PM
The trial is over. The footballs were deflated. Belichick runs the show, he's the guy to hold accountable. If not suspended for the SB, all everyone will talk about is "How is the NFL going to suspend BB for regular season games, but not the SB?"
1/21/2015 4:36 PM
Have fun believing BB won't be on the sidelines at the Super Bowl.   I'll live in the real world. 
1/21/2015 4:49 PM
Again....the Ravens would be screaming about it if they had any suspicions

Report says balls were all re-inflated at half time
1/21/2015 4:54 PM
Ravens have said they thought the balls were under inflated.  At least the kicking/punting groups did (though the punter had a strong average and the kicker only had one 25 yarder, so kind of hard to say for sure).
1/21/2015 5:04 PM
Balls for the kicking game are managed separately, aren't handled by the individual teams, and both teams use the same ones.
1/21/2015 5:09 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/21/2015 4:49:00 PM (view original):
Have fun believing BB won't be on the sidelines at the Super Bowl.   I'll live in the real world. 
If they're going to suspend him, they should do it for the SB. Not doing it for the SB, but for regular season games is idiotic.
1/21/2015 5:47 PM
If there are any suspensions Brady should be included. I think he's more responsible than Belichek for The footballs being deflated. Since 11 of 12 footballs were deflated it's hard to convince me that Brady did not want the ball in that condition.
1/21/2015 6:14 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 1/21/2015 5:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/21/2015 4:49:00 PM (view original):
If they're going to suspend him, they should do it for the SB. Not doing it for the SB, but for regular season games is idiotic.

How are they going to prove BB ordered it?  And, if they can't prove it but say it falls under "overseeing the entire operation", RGIII is going to deflate balls next year and turn Gruden in. 

BB wil be on the sidelines during the SB.  He might not be allowed to participate on draft day, and miss some games next year, but the NFL will NOT let this controversy overshadow their premier event. 

And, yeah, if it was under team orders, Mr. Brady knew all about it.   Wait for his Super Bowl suspension. 

1/21/2015 7:01 PM
This story is going to dominate the next two weeks regardless - that cat's already out of the bag.  The question is whether it will dominate in terms of scrutiny of the NFL's action, or scrutiny of a lack of action. 

I don't think they have the stones to suspend Belichick for the Super Bowl either, but I also don't think, in this year especially, that Goodell can afford to punt this until after the Super Bowl.
1/21/2015 7:35 PM
Yeah, the Rice story was going to last forever as was the AP story.   Then the Jerry and the Head of Officiating was going to be the thing until the Dez Bryant no-catch came up.  Fortunately, NE has deflated balls.   This will hang on for a bit because it's NE and Belichick but the NFL media machine will get to work.

Something else will happen and people will want to know about the commercials and Katy Perry.
1/21/2015 7:47 PM
What a bunch of *****.
1/21/2015 7:49 PM
THE PATSIES ARE FOREVER TAINTED.
1/21/2015 8:26 PM
I don't think there should be a free pass on this, but I don't recall anyone here railing about suspensions and fines when ball tampering was an issue in the Vikings-Panthers game
1/22/2015 12:15 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...22 Next ▸
11 of 12 footballs deflated.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.