Rosters and Rankings for Rupp World Topic

Recruiting Budgets for Season 83: onedrive.live.com/redir
9/3/2015 11:36 AM
I am looking for some input regarding the recruiting budgets.  If you would prefer that I not publish this information, let me know.  If you like having that information easily accessible to everyone, let me know that, too.  Each time I have published this data I have been unsure about whether I should do it or not.  I don't want to take away anyone's advantage that they earned by putting in extra time researching.  On the other hand, I don't always have a ton of time to figure out whether I should battle for a player or not and having this cheat sheet on hand has saved me some time.
9/3/2015 12:23 PM
I don't see a problem with it -- all you're providing is a ballpark estimate that will always be on the low side since you can't determine how much we each carried over and such. While I'm sure there are some for whom it provides information that some players might be unable/unwilling to otherwise calculate for themselves, I don't think you're jeopardizing anyone's recruiting season by making it readily available. Things like carryover, the number of states counted, the way players play the recruiting game, etc. will always leave the exact dollar figure shrouded in a degree of mystery. For my two cents, keep doing it. 
9/4/2015 2:54 AM
I think it's fine.  I suppose it helps that less inclined coach that doesn't make the calculations… but it's easy enough for everyone to figure out anyway the base amount (scholarships + post season award cash).
9/5/2015 12:55 PM
No issues here; stating how much someone starts with isn't bad.
9/5/2015 2:20 PM
just saves some time ... thanks
9/7/2015 10:52 PM
Not being ranked to start the year seems like a joke to me. I guess Cutrer made the difference? lol
9/9/2015 6:11 AM
That IS a joke.

With that ATH/DEF rating, CCNY should be ranked ... in D2!
9/9/2015 12:12 PM
Rosters and Predictions for Season 83: onedrive.live.com/redir
9/9/2015 11:06 PM
Anybody beat my non-conference schedule?

I've got 8 pre-season ranked teams, including 6 of the Top 10.

I think that even beats Dickinson's annual gauntlet.

Toughest schedule I've ever had.

Of course, my league schedule is lacking.
9/13/2015 5:52 PM (edited)
Mine is bad as well
9/11/2015 2:30 AM
19 wins... 15 of those in conference...  Well I can take that prediction, I guess if I'm supposed to be that dominant in conference play.
9/12/2015 6:40 AM
this season is a joke. I don't understand how I am in 37th currently on projections.
9/24/2015 7:06 AM
lose by 2 in double overtime to the #1 team on the road and drop from #21 to out of the top 25 and drop 5 places in the projection report.  I will never understand this.
9/27/2015 10:53 AM
This season is a joke. I'd love to know the criteria behind things.

#1 I should be ranked
#2 I should be projected higher
10/2/2015 8:16 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Rosters and Rankings for Rupp World Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.