King of the Draft: Round Two Topic

The teams that finished Round ONE with 90 or more wins gave their owners the ability to choose which Round Two League they wanted a spot in.  Once all of the choices are made by the 90+ win team owners, I’ll finalize the six leagues as far as who’s in each, set up the six draft leagues using the WIS Draft Utility and send out the league numbers for those leagues. The draft order for each league will be “random.”

An example of an owner having more than one team advancing to Round Two is as follows: PEDROCERRANO has three teams advancing. One team finished with 103 wins so he will get to choose which league he wants that spot in. His other two teams finished with less than 90 wins but more than 81. Those teams will be placed in different leagues at the whim of the Commissioner in order to fill the leagues up fairly and evenly.

Here's a look at the six leagues of Round TWO:

REMEMBER:  We're going to use players from 1958 through 1992.

League One:
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Cubs
Houston Colt .45's/Astros
New York Mets

League Two:
Los Angeles Dodgers
Philadelphia Phillies
Pittsburgh Pirates
Montreal Expos

League Three:
San Francisco Giants
Milwaukee/Atlanta Braves
Cincinnati Reds
San Diego Padres

League Four:
New York Yankees
Washington Senators
Minnesota Twins
Texas Rangers
Toronto Blue Jays

League Five:
Boston Red Sox
Chicago White Sox
Baltimore Orioles
Kansas City Royals
Seattle Mariners

League Six:
Kansas City/Oakland Athletics
Cleveland Indians
Detroit Tigers
Seattle Pilots
Milwaukee Brewers

Here are the owners who get to pick which league they choose to be in and the order in which they pick:

FORTYWINS - League 3
SUDSY11 - League 1
PEDROCERRANO - League 5
WAVELANDGUY - League 1
JAYMINIELLY - League 2
BUBLOOO - League 5
BUDDHAGAMER = League 1
BARRACUDA3 - League 4
SHYSTERS3 - League 1
MLLAMA54 - League 4
WAVELANDGUY - League 5
NOCOMM999 - League 2
MARKEKING - League 1
BUDDHAGAMER - League 5
BUDDHAGAMER - League 6
SPOTSELL - League 6
SPECSMAN                        
SOPHIEGIANTS - League 3
HORUS_6 - League 3
MARKEKING - League 2
MARKEKING - League 3
MLLAMA54 - League 3
FIRESALT - League 2
KSTOBER - League 1
NOCOMM999 - League 4
MARKEKING - League 5
NOCOMM999 - League 6
COACHGREAT1 - League 5
BIGLENR - League 2
BARRACUDA3 - League 3
DUFFERMAN - League 5

(Edit:  With at least six teams in Round TWO, I've removed myself, DARTHDURRON and TOYSBOYS from the above list - we'll have at least one team in each league so it's not necessary to pick here)

1/1/2015 3:01 AM (edited)
Going with league #3.
12/30/2014 9:25 AM
League 2 for me
12/30/2014 10:58 AM
Leagues 1, 5 and 6 for me
12/30/2014 11:33 AM
Leagues 1 and 5 for me
12/30/2014 12:08 PM
Picking early but I'll be offline the rest of today.  I'll go with League 2.
12/30/2014 12:23 PM
Are we going in order of the above list? I have 5 teams in this round but only one certain choice. Does this mean I'll be in all but one league?
12/30/2014 12:31 PM
League 2 for me please
12/30/2014 4:02 PM
I'll take League #4 (one spot early but it's not like it can fill before my pick)

I was going to make my second pick, but in hindsight I'll wait since it's possible that a league could fill before my next pick.
12/30/2014 4:38 PM (edited)

Guys, I apologize for not explaining this more clearly.  The deal is this:  Whatever league you end up in, you get to draft from any of the teams that are listed for that league.  For example, the people in League Two will get to draft from the Dodgers, Phillies, Pirates and Expos between 1958 and 1992.  Sorry for the confusion...

12/30/2014 5:29 PM
Posted by coachgreat1 on 12/30/2014 12:31:00 PM (view original):
Are we going in order of the above list? I have 5 teams in this round but only one certain choice. Does this mean I'll be in all but one league?

I started out thinking we need to go in order, but I'm beginning to think it's not necessary.  I don't forsee any one league filling in here so everyone should get their choice.  If one does fill though, see the below explanation as to what we would do.  As far as you being in all but one league - that is correct.
12/30/2014 5:57 PM (edited)
Posted by barracuda3 on 12/30/2014 4:38:00 PM (view original):
I'll take League #4 (one spot early but it's not like it can fill before my pick)

I was going to make my second pick, but in hindsight I'll wait since it's possible that a league could fill before my next pick.

Actually, I'd be shocked if a league filled up from this short draft.  You should be good to go, but if it should happen, we'd simply go with the sixteen owners who had the best records in Round 1 (which the above list shows from top to bottom - 105 to 90)...

12/30/2014 5:56 PM

I'll update the list when I get home from work...
12/30/2014 5:58 PM
If order doesn't matter I would like to be in league 1.
12/30/2014 6:39 PM
In that case I definitely want league 5... And whichever other league I'm not in is fine by me.
12/30/2014 6:40 PM
123 Next ▸
King of the Draft: Round Two Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.