unusual pitcher type, Topic

Interesting. I thought all players got a Spring Training ratings update whether they play or not.

If this guy isn't a tanker or an alias, I really have to question why he keeps playing after so many losing seasons. How much fun can the game be for him?
7/31/2014 5:12 PM
I don't know about the owner who drafted him, he's played 103 seasons, but has only averaged 61 wins a season, with a peak season of 85 wins.  If one were to tank, you'd think at some point in their 103 season history they'd have put together a "super team" and managed to win at least 90.  Perhaps there are even more nefarious reasons for his suckitude, but another "interesting" thing about his teams is that they typically have payrolls that would be above average in most worlds.  Usually tanking teams don't have huge payrolls.  Anyhoo, he was a college senior, my guess is that he was a "tough sign" and drafted 4th so that the owner could punt the pick to the following season hoping to see someone better.  Since the player didn't sign, he became a free agent the following season and was signed during the free agency period in season 25.

As far as skill sets go, he'd be intriguing to test out, but as others have mentioned above, there have been similar guys with better splits who haven't been productive, so there is no reason to believe this guy is going to buck the trend and be anything of use on the ML level.  As Mike said, give it a whirl and report back the results if you wish, but don't expect him to be anything more than his cup of coffee on the ML level.

7/31/2014 5:19 PM
Aside from the secondary ratings like GB rate or Velocity, I don't think it's possible for a Pitcher to succeed with ANY ratings in the 20-25 range. I'd never play a guy with 25 control or P1 or P2 any more than I'd play a guy with 25 splits.
7/31/2014 7:48 PM
◂ Prev 12
unusual pitcher type, Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.