NFL DRAFT LEAGUE (NDL) 4 (FULL--waitlist forming) Topic

THE NFL DRAFT LEAGUE IS BACK for another exciting season of WIS SIM fun!!!

After a very successful draft and an entertaining three seasons, it's time to sign up for season four of the NDL,

Here is how it works:

Each owner signs up here in the forum.  Once we have 24 owners, I will randomly decide the draft order 

Once the draft order is established, the draft will begin on the Sim League football "theme league" forum.

Each owner can decide who to pick with each pick.  You don't HAVE to draft a QB first.  If you have the 4th pick for example, and Rodgers, Brady, and Brees are gone, you may decide to pick Jim Brown or OJ or Walter Payton over Dan Fouts or Matt Stafford or another QB.  If you have the 11th or 12th pick and you would tather take Crazy Legs Hirsch than a QB or RB, hey, go for it!  If you want to take the 42 Bears D and build a team round that, it's up to you.

There will be eight total rounds.  In the draft portion of the team construction, each owner MUST draft ONE QB, ONE RB, TWO WR's, ONE TE, ONE Offensive line, and ONE Defense.  That equals seven of course and the remaining spot can be either a QB, RB, WR or TE.

All draft picks will be EXCLUSIVE.  That means that once you draft Aaron Rodgers, not one other team will be able to use ANY Aaron Rodgers season.  Once an owner drafts a player, that player is his for the rest of the league, including non drafted position picks.  Same goes for defenses.  Once someone picks, say, the Chicago Bears, they can use any season of Bears defenses, and no one else can use ANY Bears defenses.  Also, there are no clones.  You may only use one season of your drafted players.

The entire draft will be "on the clock", but times may be adjusted in case we get ahead.  Proxy picks are accepted and even encouraged.  That means, an owner can sitemail their pick to me, or any other owner, and they will be posted and count.

If an owner misses their draft time slot, they will be skipped, but can make their pick whenever they get online and notice that their turn has been skipped. 

The overall salary cap will be $75 million dollars for each team

Once the draft portion is complete, each owner may fill their team with ANY PLAYER WHO WAS NOT DRAFTED, plus punter/kicker/special teams etc

The extra $15 million from a typical open league gives each owner the strategical choice of how they want to spend that money.  Do you want to spend more on the defense that you draft, or on players or on a better Offensive line or special teams or kicker.

Now.....who wants in?
6/30/2014 3:29 PM (edited)
NDL 4 signup list:

1.  amerk1180
 2.   roadhouse19
 3.  isacqbs58
 4.  gencoimports
 5.  coolmay_one
 6.  democolson
 7.  666ace
 8.  foolish1
 9.  johnberlin
10.  tonyvoss
11.  pg99
12.  grayfoxx
13.  Got_Worms
14.  whatifle
15. firehero
16.  georgedeer
17.  bevoxxx
18.  boonej38
19.  cellkev
20.  riverratk
21.  mstar023
22.  bubbawit
23.  roadhouse19 (2nd)
24.  tonyvoss (2nd(

Sitemail list:  roadhouse19; isacqbs58; democolson; gencoimports; coolmay_one; 666ace; foolish1; johnberlin; tonyvoss; pg99; grayfoxx; Got_Worms; whatifle; firehero; georgedeer; bevoxxx; boonej38; cellkev; riverratk; mstar023; bubbawit
7/21/2014 2:40 PM (edited)
I'm in.
6/30/2014 3:30 AM
I'm in.
6/30/2014 7:14 AM
In
6/30/2014 7:30 AM
In
6/30/2014 1:24 PM
I'll come back to defend my championshi... oh wait, that applied for when my team was GOOD 
6/30/2014 8:39 PM
in
7/1/2014 11:06 AM
In
7/1/2014 12:54 PM
Welcome foolish1!  Welcome back ace
7/1/2014 4:16 PM
poor tom..........oh wait poor Aaron. Hey man I like you went out of your comfort zone and tried something new!!! Hey your team is better than my CJ2K team...ouch
7/1/2014 10:49 PM
im coming back
7/1/2014 10:50 PM
Am in again
7/3/2014 1:35 PM
I'll be back
7/3/2014 5:22 PM
Definitely
7/4/2014 2:30 PM
1234 Next ▸
NFL DRAFT LEAGUE (NDL) 4 (FULL--waitlist forming) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.