Coaches asking for inside recruiting info Topic

I never check the message boards, today was the first time I have in probably 3-4 months. Honestly, after the sitemail exchange I just moved on from that recruit and found some other bum to fill the scholarship, didn't think it was a big deal at all, nor do I think I was colluding, even if some people deem that to be the case. I feel like I just did better research than most to find players others might skip over as unattainable.

And, jtt, I totally respect your opinion, but I'm not here to b!tch at all. I really don't care that he has two accounts, nor do I care that he used a D1 account to scout the western states and then cherry picked from it with his eastern school. I'm sure this stuff happens with a bunch of players, and even though I only have one account, it doesn't really bother me. In my opinion if a guy wants to pay the money to have multiple accounts, then I guess they sort of deserve to get some additional benefit from it.

But, the hypocrisy of it all is humorous to me. To make a big deal about a random person asking you a basic question about one recruit, and then turn around and spend a D1 budget scouting states other D2 schools in your position can't scout....that strikes me as somewhat funny. Especially when he may have been using his D1 school to hold D2 recruits for his other school. That is the absolute definition of collusion, what I was doing was at worst in a gray area. It certainly wasn't an overwhelming attempt at mass collusion.
5/22/2014 7:21 PM
Not some people.....WIS Deems it collusion.
5/22/2014 9:31 PM
Posted by davidcrone on 5/22/2014 6:36:00 PM (view original):
I sent that sitemail, and will happily own up to it. I do not think asking a question should be construed as attempting collusion. It was late in recruiting and I was looking for guys, I started trying to find teams with more players considering them than spots available, and noticed his team had 3 or 4 considering with only 1 or 2 spots. Furthermore, the other players were all better than this guy, and were ranked D1 recruits.

Meanwhile this was an unranked guy in Virginia...all the way across the country....interesting that he scouted VA....but, tannermcc1 has a school in PA in that same world...not far from Virginia, huh?

But, it's cool that he felt it was necessary to decry my nefarious ways on the message board. No mention of how, in that same world, tannermcc has New Mexico and tannermcc1 has D2 Mansfield in PA. Furthermore, I find it extremely interesting that Mansfield, his D2 team in PA signed a guard from California and a center from TX....expensive to get scouting reports for TX and CA with a D2 school based in PA....but, I'm sure he wouldn't have scouted those states with New Mexico...because, that would be unethical, so he must have spent his PA recruiting money scouting states 3000 miles away. Furthermore, the CA PG he signed with Mansfield seems pretty good, I wonder if he was holding onto the guy I asked about to make sure Mansfield had a guy to get in case that ranked PG fell through? But, that would also be unethical, and, as evidenced by his holier than thou response to my horrendous attempts at collusion, we all know that good ole' Tanner would never dream of being anything less than completely ethical in his fake basketball recruiting.
hey david, in that first bit, are you saying you don't think asking a question should be construed as collusion - but you recognize that it is cheating according to the game rules, and strictly prohibited - or that you don't think the game rules would define that as cheating?

seble has been clear on this, sending that sitemail is definitely considered cheating and is against the rules.

props for owning up to it.
5/22/2014 9:33 PM
Posted by davidcrone on 5/22/2014 7:21:00 PM (view original):
I never check the message boards, today was the first time I have in probably 3-4 months. Honestly, after the sitemail exchange I just moved on from that recruit and found some other bum to fill the scholarship, didn't think it was a big deal at all, nor do I think I was colluding, even if some people deem that to be the case. I feel like I just did better research than most to find players others might skip over as unattainable.

And, jtt, I totally respect your opinion, but I'm not here to b!tch at all. I really don't care that he has two accounts, nor do I care that he used a D1 account to scout the western states and then cherry picked from it with his eastern school. I'm sure this stuff happens with a bunch of players, and even though I only have one account, it doesn't really bother me. In my opinion if a guy wants to pay the money to have multiple accounts, then I guess they sort of deserve to get some additional benefit from it.

But, the hypocrisy of it all is humorous to me. To make a big deal about a random person asking you a basic question about one recruit, and then turn around and spend a D1 budget scouting states other D2 schools in your position can't scout....that strikes me as somewhat funny. Especially when he may have been using his D1 school to hold D2 recruits for his other school. That is the absolute definition of collusion, what I was doing was at worst in a gray area. It certainly wasn't an overwhelming attempt at mass collusion.
its not at worst a gray area. seble has been very clear, sending a sitemail to ask for recruiting information that wasn't available to you is cheating. i get where you are coming from on everything else, not saying i disagree with any of that - but this part is black and white - when you sent the sitemail, you broke the rules, its not allowed.
5/22/2014 9:35 PM
Well, gillispie, as a Kentucky fan your opinions on cheating don't carry much weight haha.

I am certainly happy to tell you guys what I did, and if it is deemed that I was cheating, in sending an innocent sitemail to a guy that was recruiting a player that didn't seem to make sense for him to recruit, so be it. WIS can feel free to send me a warning and go through my sitemails to see it's the only time I have done that, and only did it because it was obvious the player was someone he was unlikely to take. At no point did I receive any such info, I just got a snarky holier than thou response.

Meanwhile, let's not just sit here and rant towards me gillispie and Milwood. While you may deem what I did to be some sort of cheating, What the initial outraged whistle blower did seems significantly worse. I sent an innocent sitemail about one guy. He has a fleet of schools scouting states for each other, and likely holding players for each other on occasion. And, on top of that he had the audacity to call me out for something so much more minor. It's like a guy that just robbed a convenient store grabbing the nearest cop to point out a J walker.

Like I said, couldn't care less about what he did. I'm sure many of you do the same, it's part of the game, and if you want to pay for multiple accounts I don't see any way to police it that makes sense. But, don't take part in those practices and then turn around and decry others for their cheating ways. That's just ridiculous. At least I'm willing to own up to my completely audacious attempts at rigging the entire WIS world with one sitemail.
5/22/2014 10:13 PM
Guessing it was dshook30 or whinenavy
5/22/2014 10:17 PM
davidcrone, stop being a chooch...you knew what you were doing.
5/22/2014 10:18 PM
Yes, I knew exactly what I was doing. I was asking a guy if he was going to keep recruiting a guy, or if that was a guy he wasn't going to keep recruiting.

Now, if you could define what a chooch is, I will make attempt to stop chooching.
5/22/2014 10:22 PM
What kind of hypocrite calls someone out for asking about a player when they are blatantly using multiple accounts?  It is childish to post the messages on here.  I bet tannermcc was that kid in second grade that everyone hated because he told on everyone to the teacher.  
5/22/2014 10:22 PM
Multiple accounts are not forbidden.
5/22/2014 10:23 PM
Posted by davidcrone on 5/22/2014 10:22:00 PM (view original):
Yes, I knew exactly what I was doing. I was asking a guy if he was going to keep recruiting a guy, or if that was a guy he wasn't going to keep recruiting.

Now, if you could define what a chooch is, I will make attempt to stop chooching.
chooch is a noun and not a verb...what'd you expect him to say?
5/22/2014 10:26 PM
Well thank God it's fine to have multiple accounts and share recruiting information with yourself...you just can't answer one question about players if someone else asks. I was unaware of this mind blowing distinction!

Thanks for clearing this up guys. My actions are seeming more and more reprehensible to myself. If only I were a noble samurai it would be high time for seppuku.
5/22/2014 10:27 PM
Well we found etta's alias, eh?
5/22/2014 10:28 PM
Posted by davidcrone on 5/22/2014 10:13:00 PM (view original):
Well, gillispie, as a Kentucky fan your opinions on cheating don't carry much weight haha.

I am certainly happy to tell you guys what I did, and if it is deemed that I was cheating, in sending an innocent sitemail to a guy that was recruiting a player that didn't seem to make sense for him to recruit, so be it. WIS can feel free to send me a warning and go through my sitemails to see it's the only time I have done that, and only did it because it was obvious the player was someone he was unlikely to take. At no point did I receive any such info, I just got a snarky holier than thou response.

Meanwhile, let's not just sit here and rant towards me gillispie and Milwood. While you may deem what I did to be some sort of cheating, What the initial outraged whistle blower did seems significantly worse. I sent an innocent sitemail about one guy. He has a fleet of schools scouting states for each other, and likely holding players for each other on occasion. And, on top of that he had the audacity to call me out for something so much more minor. It's like a guy that just robbed a convenient store grabbing the nearest cop to point out a J walker.

Like I said, couldn't care less about what he did. I'm sure many of you do the same, it's part of the game, and if you want to pay for multiple accounts I don't see any way to police it that makes sense. But, don't take part in those practices and then turn around and decry others for their cheating ways. That's just ridiculous. At least I'm willing to own up to my completely audacious attempts at rigging the entire WIS world with one sitemail.
not ranting at you - i think i was very civil to you in my posts, and at least, i tried to be. i think many people have unintentionally crossed the line that WIS draws in the sand. it happens, but many people won't admit it - thats why i said, props for being open about it. but its still not just like, my opinion or anything - its the rules of the game creators/game admins - you can't do what you did. i just wanted to make sure that was clear, because i wasn't sure if it was (and apparently, it was not).

like i said, i also wasn't disagreeing with you about anything else you said. i really wasn't commenting on any of that in general. just wanted to make sure you knew asking people for recruiting information is considering collusion as well as cheating. i hope you will refrain from doing so, even if there are other people out there abusing the game - most of us are not. thats all, im not trying to give you a hard time, or make you out to be a bad guy.
5/22/2014 10:28 PM
Posted by davidcrone on 5/22/2014 10:27:00 PM (view original):
Well thank God it's fine to have multiple accounts and share recruiting information with yourself...you just can't answer one question about players if someone else asks. I was unaware of this mind blowing distinction!

Thanks for clearing this up guys. My actions are seeming more and more reprehensible to myself. If only I were a noble samurai it would be high time for seppuku.
no - sharing recruiting information with yourself is blatant cheating and is not allowed at all.

no need to get worked up/defensive, just because people are hard on the stance that what you did is not allowed, nobody is trying to get into it with you, calling you a cheater or whatever. well, except maybe colonels. just ignore him like everyone else does :O have a good night
5/22/2014 10:29 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Coaches asking for inside recruiting info Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.