Coaches asking for inside recruiting info Topic

-----Original Message-----
To: tannermcc
Sent: 5/7/2014 6:26:00 PM
Subject: Recruiting with New Mexico

Hey man, noticed you have more players considering you than spots available. Is ******* a guy you are going to keep? Or are you cutting him loose? Trying to find a guard for my D2 team and he would be perfect, if there's someone else you're not going to take feel free to give me a head's up.

Thanks Man! Looks like you've got a nice class put together!

----Original Message-----
To: ******
Sent: 5/7/2014 6:31:00 PM
Subject: RE: Recruiting with New Mexico

Unfortunately I can't reveal my recruiting plans to you as this would be considered collusion.

Good luck in recruiting.

To: tannermcc
Sent: 5/7/2014 6:52:00 PM
Subject: RE: Recruiting with New Mexico

How would that be collusion? You aren't helping me get anyone. In 2 hours every player that checks will know who you didn't keep and did keep. I probably can't afford to get him, or any other player you don't take anyway...also, I really think your class kind of sucks for D1, so much for being nice.

tannermcc
To:
Received:
5/7/2014 7:02:00 PM
Subject:
RE: Recruiting with New Mexico
You'd recruit him now before anyone else can find out if i'm keeping him or not. Thus you'd gain an unfair advantage.

Thanks for your opinion.

5/7/2014 11:12 PM
You did the right thing.
5/7/2014 11:17 PM
i would have printed the jerks name. recruiting is hard enough doing it straight up without this kind of garbage. way to fight for the forces of good and light, tanner.
5/7/2014 11:34 PM
Posted by tcplotts on 5/7/2014 11:34:00 PM (view original):
i would have printed the jerks name. recruiting is hard enough doing it straight up without this kind of garbage. way to fight for the forces of good and light, tanner.
+1
5/7/2014 11:39 PM
This should be reported. That's some bullsh right there.
5/8/2014 12:56 AM
It was me. I mean I get blamed for everything else here, I might as well get blamed for this too.

This is one of the few aspects of real life that it's probably best to leave out of the game.

5/8/2014 1:06 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by llamanunts on 5/7/2014 11:17:00 PM (view original):
You did the right thing.
And you were nice about it!   Good job.
5/8/2014 9:34 AM
Posted by scaturo on 5/8/2014 9:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by llamanunts on 5/7/2014 11:17:00 PM (view original):
You did the right thing.
And you were nice about it!   Good job.
Yeah, particularly after the guy decided to insult him when called out on the collusion.
5/8/2014 2:10 PM
what a dick. i wonder if we should start like, a council of collusion, or something. nobody wants to report these pricks to seble, which i understand, when i wasn't so well known, people approached me all the time, it was ridiculous how often really (more than once per 2 seasons of total d1 experience). but i never sent those in to seble. i feel like there are some guys who dont really know about collusion and fair play guidelines and deserve some guidance from other coaches about what is considered fair and not, in the game, and given a chance to do better in the future. but part of me thinks there are some habitual colluders out there who go undetected because we are all too nice about it. ive sitemailed some guys others have reported to me for colluding, and there are usually huge dicks about it, which makes me want to just report them, but obviously i cant if someone else told me. but in the couple cases i observed before saying anything, the recruiting behavior did seem to improve before and after the sitemails... so, that may be something?

i guess i just wonder if it would be worthwhile to get like 1 coach per world and have those guys pool their information submitted to them from other coaches about collusion, and amongst those coaches, they can decide when someone is a severe enough offender or a repeat enough offender that some more serious action has to be taken. presumably, these coaches would sitemail the offending coaches when they get reported in the first place, in a nice way, informing of the rules and such. the other side of this is, seble doesnt actually do **** when people actually collude, so reporting to seble really accomplishes nothing. maybe that can be the mid level punishment and if collusion continues, we can make the ultimate punishment a public shaming, at which point, through no direct communication on the topic (that could be considered collusion), the rest of the coaches in that world may individually decide that the collective should pummel said colluder into obscurity?

i say one per world so there is a public, respected figure from each world documented as the go-to guy if you have problems with collusion and the like, who can be respected to protect this information, and also, can keep an eye on the colluders for strange patterns (i could supply a program that pattern matches to find possible colluders which could also be used to cross-check). but then this group of coaches from each world could also keep a database between them so that anyone who is cheating in multiple worlds immediately rises to the top of the list of problem coaches.

i suspect none of this would actually work as i'd hope in practice... but its nice to dream, isn't it??

5/8/2014 2:26 PM (edited)
easier solution would be to install a sitemail comm block during recruiting period. affects everyone equally. all comms would have to be done on public boards.
5/8/2014 2:44 PM
Posted by tcplotts on 5/8/2014 2:44:00 PM (view original):
easier solution would be to install a sitemail comm block during recruiting period. affects everyone equally. all comms would have to be done on public boards.
tc: there are too many problems with that. for one, people have teams across multiple worlds, so whatever they might be using the sm for in another world would be affected (for example, i give a running commentary for my conf mates on all of our post season match ups in naismith that i wouldn't want any of our opponents to see). also, when i was learning the game i'd reach out to some of my mentors (cjwolf, rogelio) during recruiting by sitemail to get their thoughts on my efforts, battles, recruits, etc. this is another thing that i wouldn't want being made public and we would / should never want to do anything that might discourage anybody wanting to learn the game from reaching out to more experienced HD'ers.
5/8/2014 2:52 PM
Posted by jtt8355 on 5/8/2014 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tcplotts on 5/8/2014 2:44:00 PM (view original):
tc: there are too many problems with that. for one, people have teams across multiple worlds, so whatever they might be using the sm for in another world would be affected (for example, i give a running commentary for my conf mates on all of our post season match ups in naismith that i wouldn't want any of our opponents to see). also, when i was learning the game i'd reach out to some of my mentors (cjwolf, rogelio) during recruiting by sitemail to get their thoughts on my efforts, battles, recruits, etc. this is another thing that i wouldn't want being made public and we would / should never want to do anything that might discourage anybody wanting to learn the game from reaching out to more experienced HD'ers.
This, plus there are coaches who play games here besides HD and would get upset if GD/HBD/Any of the Sim games sitemail was unavailable during every recruiting period.
5/8/2014 2:57 PM
yeah, there really is not much viable seble could do that there is any chance in hell of him actually doing. hence my thoughts on a collusion council (the council of doom?), although im sure it would have problems of its own. if i thought it was possibly to programmatically catch colluders, i would have already written that and would have been running it for years. if i was seble, that is exactly the route i'd take, using added techniques seble has access to, that i don't have access to, which would make a programmatic approach viable (won't elaborate in case i ever make a sim, i would totally do this). it wouldn't stand on its own but it sure would go a long way, it seems to me. its not a great stop it when it starts type of solution, but it is a good stop it eventually type of solution. clever coaches could outsmart the program, if they were clever enough to anticipate its existence, but i like to pretend its mostly the idiots who are cheating at strategy games, not the clever ones... at least, not without money on the line! and even if it is the clever ones, i doubt they care enough sit around trying to outsmart a theoretical tracking program that may or may not even exist....
5/8/2014 3:07 PM (edited)
123456 Next ▸
Coaches asking for inside recruiting info Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.