What is the best way to combat the FCP defense? Topic

Posted by ettaexpress on 4/29/2014 7:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jcf16 on 4/29/2014 4:09:00 PM (view original):
I used to try slowdown but it never seemed to work as well as going with normal tempo (or uptempo if your team is really good), which makes sense to me because the longer you hold the ball, the more opportunity they have to trap and steal.

Other than that, higher distro to Spd/Ath/BH/Pass to reduce TOs and hope those guys can score.

This is something that a lot of games, not just this one, have a tough time modeling. Real world, low tempo teams usually do better at limiting turnovers because they're usually not making more high-risk passes, just more low-risk ones. But usually the sims see it as you do -- more passes = more risk.

It's a common problem. 
actually, i was going to disagree with him, because in HD, slowdown really seems to serve to limit turnovers. i just forgot to do so :) there is no passing in HD either, maybe that actually helps in this case?
4/29/2014 9:13 PM (edited)
Yeah, the SIM doesn't decide outcomes pass by pass, it does it on a possession basis.

The TO rate against the same DEFENSE is probably going to be the same (if you exclude fatigue effects) regardless of tempo.
4/30/2014 6:48 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 123
What is the best way to combat the FCP defense? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.