Posted by peanutjets on 4/15/2014 2:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by deathinahole on 4/15/2014 12:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by peanutjets on 4/15/2014 12:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by deathinahole on 4/15/2014 12:05:00 PM (view original):
Killebrew NY2 Mutts 14 $40.8M 37-125 (.228)
Never denied that I tanked. To me, this is a dynasty game and in order to build a dynasty you need great prospects. Ill be milking my 4 tanked seasons for the next 8 highly competitive ones.

PS it wasn't easy. The 2nd worst team that year won 38 games.
Which is why you're against it.
No judgement, just let's get it out WHY you're against it.

Others, like myself, would find the race to the bottom a yawnfest, and the resultant award for it irritating.
To me, the appeal of this game is the building of a dynasty. I like to draft players and develop them into super stars. When I played GD, the fun part for me was the year to year growth. You take a player and turn him into someone who holds conference, franchise and even world records. That's exciting. I can't do that with HBD unless I'm drafting in the Top 5. To me, taking over a 80 win team and signing a few FAs to turn them into a 94 win team is boring. If I wanted to do that, I'd play one of the non-dynasty games.

GD rewards winning by letting you expand your vision with a formula that weighs recent win history. HBD rewards losing. Why else would the talent be so concentrated? There's hardly any "great" players drafted in the 8-15 range (unless they are 1B, DH or RP), hardly any good players drafted after 20 and you'd be hardpressed to find a single 2nd rounder on a 100 win team. Forget about the 3rd and on. The DITR players aren't worth anything either. Simply put, if you want sustainable success, you have to get to the front of the line. That's why tanking is so rampant.

I linked this for this one sentence- To me, the appeal of this game is the building of a dynasty. I like to draft players and develop them into super stars.

You don't develop superstars. Superstars develop themselves. The magic of a dynasty game is being able to take a guy who other ppl would only have developed into a 70 and figuring out a way to develop him into a 73 so that your replacement player value baseline is higher.  Anybody can win with a team full of 90s, that takes no skill at all. Winning without superstars is a challenge but it can still be done- it's Moneyball.  Win or lose, that's the fun.  People that MUST win all the time at all costs and no matter what the means are nothing more than spoiled little kids on a playground imo.  There's nothing wrong with trying to win a few extra games with a bad roster for pride's sake.
4/16/2014 4:20 PM (edited)

Do the Fair Play Guidelines not count as rules?

4/16/2014 4:19 PM
It's kind of tough to prove someone was intentionally losing at an unacceptable rate.    There have been several instances where WifS said "We've contacted the owner.   Let's give them a couple of weeks to resolve the problem."    Two weeks is 25% of the season. 
4/16/2014 4:43 PM
The best solution to tanking is join a world that doesn't tolerate it and keep it that way.

Secondly, tanking will always exist since WIS itself is the rewarder of it. But those worlds that accept blatant tanking will continue to take 3-4 months to fill and will continue to have its users start forum threads demanding WIS to do something about the problem of their world not filling.

4/16/2014 5:16 PM
Just to clarify a comment made in an earlier post: 2 of three MWR rules passed in our league. Now, one of those rules was a "soft" rule. However, this is part of a process. I'm confident that, come next season, we will revisit these rules, and possibly vote on more.
4/16/2014 7:43 PM
Posted by jb01 on 4/16/2014 7:43:00 PM (view original):
Just to clarify a comment made in an earlier post: 2 of three MWR rules passed in our league. Now, one of those rules was a "soft" rule. However, this is part of a process. I'm confident that, come next season, we will revisit these rules, and possibly vote on more.
Dude I love what you're doing with the blog. I just came here to voice my opinion.
4/16/2014 8:58 PM
I'm just trying to clarify for non-world members.
4/16/2014 9:35 PM
◂ Prev 123456

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.