RANDOM BOX SCORE LEAGUE #4 DEAD :( Topic

Just need two more to play in one of the most balanced leagues around.
4/4/2014 4:58 AM
b
4/9/2014 3:44 PM
I'd like to play
4/9/2014 10:59 PM
CARDSIN

5/17/53 PIT @ CHC
Wrigley Field

PIT

Paul Smith 1B
Felipe Montemayor CF
Cal Abrams RF
Ralph Kiner LF
Joe Garagiola C
Danny O'Connell 2B
Pete Castiglione 3B
Dick Cole SS
Paul Pettit P (may replace him due to only 30 innings)

CHC

Frank Baumholtz RF
Eddie Miksis 2B
Dee Fondy 1B
Hank Sauer LF
Bill Serena 3B
Hal Jeffcoat CF
Roy Smalley SS
Toby Atwell C
Johnny Klippstein P

4/10/2014 4:13 PM (edited)
okay, I like the idea, and I built the team, but my team total of 54 million for my rosters is telling me to walk away instead of entering a team, I have 4 pitchers to fill my squad but I already have all "their" best pitchers on the team, the 4 pitchers likely wouldn't even get me over 60

am I doing something wrong because that's not even remotely close to 100 mill?
4/10/2014 9:27 AM
i didnt come anywhere close to 100 million for either of my teams, and much of that salary is wasted on plate appearances i'll never use.

as long as you can draft enough total IP and PA at each position to avoid fatigue, you should be in a similar boat to the rest of the league. the random nature of the league means some people will get more talented rosters than others.

4/10/2014 10:41 AM
There are multiple teams in the low $70s this time around. Some of the more expensive teams have a lot of redundant offensive players. So as long as you have enough pitching you should be OK.
4/10/2014 3:31 PM
I drafted your team. The "best" roster I came up with was $72.9 mil. It could be a definite challenge, but in this league nearly everyone competes.

You can replace Paul Pettit as one of your mandatory pitchers, since he only had 30 innings.

4/10/2014 4:12 PM (edited)
Well I guess cardsin chickened out. It is a "random" league, so sometimes you don't get what you want.
4/13/2014 10:43 AM
signing for a random league and then refusing to play because you don't like the roster you were randed should be grounds for a permanent blacklist from any sort of league that involves randomness

it puts everyone else at a disadvantage. had he randed the '27 Yankees then he puts the team in and whoever's in his division misses the playoffs. he's free-rolling the rest of the league.

4/14/2014 12:46 PM
Can we have an owners thread started with the names of people who joined a random league but did not enter their team?  That way commissioners can know which players to ban from their leagues.  Kinda like a negative rating on eBay.  Thoughts?
4/15/2014 8:14 AM
Out of curiosisty, did cardsin respond to your sitemail about the league?  If so, what was his reason for not joining?
4/15/2014 10:36 AM

He said he didn't want to throw away his money. I tried to tell him that arvidjosef has two teams with similar salaries.

4/15/2014 12:05 PM
That's ridiculous.  Just remember his name for a future league.  I still think a thread for this should be posted by someone who runs random leagues.
4/15/2014 1:00 PM
Sadly I am declaring this highly competitive league officially DEAD.

Thanks to all who have played, especially those who have had multiple seasons and teams.

4/24/2014 4:01 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
RANDOM BOX SCORE LEAGUE #4 DEAD :( Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.