Global Warming Complete Myth. End of Story Topic

See how this works?  

Sources.  All kinds.  From both sides.
3/14/2014 5:37 PM
So there ya go.  

But it's all about everything every day. 

From pop culture to the latest current news story.

Rush is on it.

And it's sourced.

But then, this is just me.

I don't think I can source this post.

Just an opinion.  Just me.  I'm not a scientist.  Just a citizen under a contract we established with ourselves. 

Over 200 years ago.  Generation to generation.  Handed down.  A blood contract.  Not to be trifled with.

Blood sweat and tears,  From Bunker Hill to Fredericksburg to Normandy. 

People have lived through a lot worse than we are now just to stay different.  It wasn't always fair.  It wasn't always equal.

But it was and is different from anything else on the planet.  And never duplicated.

And so we will not lay back and see it destroyed or changed without proper rule of law.  Blood law.

Not by fiat or executive order.  Not by pop culture .  Not through propaganda.  Not through ignorance. 

We may not win.  No culture or state lasts forever.  Unless you defend it.

But we will fight.  And we will go down fighting.  Or be victorious.  And extend freedom.

Tin foil hat and all.

(This has not been sourced)

3/14/2014 6:08 PM (edited)
Until you idiot liberals explain how we are going to get China, India, Brazil and the rest of the developing world to stop using fossil fuels, this conversation is academic.  Because if humans spewing carbon is causing global warmi.... oh, my bad, climate change, then the game is up.

PS: you idiot liberals can also go **** yourselves.
3/18/2014 11:24 PM
Global warming -- I've got this later in the program -- global warming has now found its way onto nutritional labels of food. The Democrats, under the guidance of Moochelle Obama are going to now incorporate global warming facts, characteristics, what have you, in warning labels and nutritional labels on food. And the reason for this is total control over every aspect of people's lives. It's just hideous, what these people are doing.
Here's the big problem I have with Rush.  He can inundate his site with sources and facts and then somehow merge from facts to conjecture to pure indefensible ridiculosity and the people who listen to and read him somehow can't see the lines.  It's in everything he says and types, including vast amounts of what you just posted, but this happened to be my favorite example.

We start with a fact (sort of) - Michelle Obama is spearheading an initiative to put information about various food products' carbon footprints and potentially other ecological information onto food labels.  That is true, an undeniable fact.  And I'm sure Rush has at least one source for this.  Then the next sentence.  "And the reason for this is total control over every aspect of people's lives."  Somehow, the people reading this don't see that the logic train just ran way off the tracks.  How do you get "control every aspect of my life" from "provide information about the environmental impact of my food?"  They're not trying to ban food that has a large carbon footprint.  They aren't going to force you to read that label, any more than they force you to look at the fat content of their Big Macs that many states now require McDonald's to post prominently.  Trust me, McDonald's is still doing fine.  And they certainly aren't going to force you to change your consumption habits as a result of what you may or may not read on a label.

One of the great hallmarks of a totalitarian government is that, almost without fail, they quickly suppress the access of the populace to information.  You yourself have referenced this repeatedly over years (Doug).  Now Rush, the same guy constantly accusing Obama and the Democratic party of trying to expand government and control our lives, is somehow criticizing them for attempting to provide more information to the people.  That's not the way governments attempt to "control every aspect of people's lives."  It is, in fact, the complete and polar opposite.  It's the antithesis of the first tool totalitarian states turn to in the campaign to minimize personal freedom and initiative and increase government influence in people's daily decision making.

And now, the final sentence.  "It's just hideous, what these people are doing."  Obviously that's not a defensible fact, but again, in this case it's not even remotely supported by the factual information.  Providing information cannot be hideous.  It can be from the perspective of big business.  Don't kid yourself - the #1 reason the Republican Party feels obligated to prove that global warming is a "myth" is because of the potential ramifications of adapting behaviors on the oil industry as well as other big businesses in this country.  Businesses that spend a lot of money supporting Republican candidates.  That's just a fact of political life in our country at this point.  And as much as they point fingers at this fact, Democrats are not even close to immune - there are plenty of special interests getting them elected as well.  But as a private citizen, you have to use that knowledge to at least try to draw some lines as to when your government is really trying to help the people and when the party is only trying to help itself.

As I've said many times in the past, the scientific community is deeply divided on the climate change issue, but almost nobody can look at the data and confidently say "there is no human impact on the global climate."  In fact, nearly anyone who has seen much of the global climate trend data and possesses the tools to interpret that information would deny that it is overwhelmingly likely that we are warming the earth.  The degree of human impact is certainly uncertain.  But it almost definitely exists.  The evidence for that is overwhelming.  Republican leaders know that, at least the guys high up in the party coming up with evidence that it doesn't exist.  They know they're lying.  But party support relies on their ability to continuously insist that global warming is a myth.  Don't buy that bullshit.  What, if anything, we need to do to combat climate change would be a far more relevant discussion.  How much of a hit to the economy can we afford to take, and how do we weigh that against the long-term environmental well-being of our planet?  These are meaningful and important questions that for the most part we aren't even discussing because ignorant people like Rush have been brainwashed into believing ridiculous things like "Giving me information about how my food was produced is a way of controlling my life."  Anybody with any discernment can see that it is a way of providing you with information to make the decisions you feel are best on a personal level.  But unfortunately millions of people will blindly listen to whatever Rush tells them, and somehow the total logical disconnect goes right over your heads.

Seriously, if you have to listen to an angry conservative talking head, listen to Bill O'Reilly.  He at least talks about things intelligently.  Sure, he presents half the information and leaves a lot out when it doesn't support his position.  Everybody does that.  But at least when he makes a statement, you can see where it's coming from, even if you don't agree with it.
3/19/2014 5:51 PM
Limbaugh used to be funny back in the 90s.  Now he is just a crybaby crack head.
3/19/2014 6:07 PM
One interesting fact that Rush would certainly not want people reading that paragraph I discusses ad nauseum above to know: While the Chinese government does strictly mandate that food be labeled with where and when it was manufactured, it is not mandatory in China to provide nutritional information.
3/19/2014 6:15 PM
MADE IN CHINA

Ingrédients: Rice, Soy Whey, Lead, poly-carbonates, plastic, mustard seed, finger, More Lead, Other stuff.
3/20/2014 7:49 PM
Which has what to do with the supposed link between providing me with information and controlling my life?
3/20/2014 8:25 PM
**** DOUG...I'm not talking to him anymore!!!
3/20/2014 10:28 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 3/20/2014 8:25:00 PM (view original):
Which has what to do with the supposed link between providing me with information and controlling my life?
You didn't actually expect a cogent response, did you?

A rational discussion invites you to prove him wrong, whereas Authentic Frontier Gibberish...now, who can argue with that?
3/21/2014 2:46 AM
It's Winkin, Blinkin and Nod.  What's up boys?  I see you took your angry pills.  

The three smartest liberals in the pit missed it.  Again.

It sucks I gotta come back and explain the simplest things to the smartest people on the planet.  And I'm not even a scientist.

This is so tedious. Let's see.

You made a post about China not listing nutrients on their labels.

Directly below that I made a satirical Chinese label.

End of story?   Nooooooooooooooooooo!

The scientist wants me to comment on his book he wrote earlier.  Then Lib #2 chimes in.  Not to be outdone, gengy becomes the third blind mouse.

You guys need a hobby.  Innocent post.  First I made in days.  LOOK OUT!  IT'S AN AMBUSH!

So there ya go. 1 - 2 - 3.  A - B - C.  Three up.  Three down.  YER OUT!

Missed the obvious because you're more in a hurry to jump old Doug.  And that's fine.  I'm sorry I didn't respond to your crappy long post.  Let me know if you want me to because I will. I'll re-read the paragraph you refer to and I'll also read the complete transcript to put it in context.  Then I'll tear your *** up.  I don't care if there is 3 of you or 30 of you or 300 of you.  It only takes 1 to be RIGHT.
3/21/2014 6:18 PM
I dare you to "tear my *** up."  Do it.  Do it.

What did I miss?  You ignored the long post and decided to respond - totally out of the context of everything I said - to one little additional factoid I posted.  Because that was easy.  And you had no way to intelligently address my real post.
3/21/2014 7:55 PM
Also, I'm liberal now?
3/21/2014 7:58 PM
Yes.  And Yes.  

Welcome to the PIT.  My world.  Let us begin.

YES -  I ignored your long post and responded to the little one.  I'm pretty sure I made that clear.  Homey shot you a little satire.  Sue me.  

YES -  You are a liberal.  You just don't know it.  You got brainwashed. Taught wrong.  Not your fault.  Not for long if I have anything to do with it.

I will tear your *** up any time you jump on the bandwagon of pile on.  I think you may be there.  

At this point you bore me and waste my time.  You are barely above Blinkin' and Nod.  As a scientist, I expect more from you.

Therefore we will use scientific method to dissect the whole of the transcript vs your book on a paragraph. 

Where there is no scientific data we defer to common sense.  We have over 5000 years of written history to reflect upon.

Hang on.  We're goin' for a ride.
3/21/2014 8:56 PM
Here's something from page 4:

Let me put another way.  Why is climate change such a big deal to the Democrat Party?  What is it that's political about it?  I'm serious.  I'm asking you to provide an answer yourself.  What is political?  What is political about two men having sex with each other or two women having sex, what is political about that?  But it is, as far as Democrat Party's concerned, it is.  Everything they do is political. 

What is political about climate change and global warming?  Why is that a political issue, not a science issue?  Why is it that where you go to learn about that is politics and not science?  And in answering the question, you might find out where the fraud exists.  Why does one particular party seem hell-bent on the belief that there is manmade global warming?  Why?  And the answer is very simple.  Higher taxes, bigger government, and less freedom. 

That's what you'll surrender in order for these people to, quote/unquote "fix it."  But they can't.  They can't.  They can't even prove that we are causing it. There's no way they can fix it. There's no way they can reduce CO2 emissions without turning everybody into poverty stricken waifs. It just can't by done.  It's not about fixing it when you get down to it.  See, that's the dirty little secret.

Like Obamacare is not about health care, global warming is not about keeping it from getting hot.  Global warming, climate change is not about making it cooler. It's not about anything like that, just like "health care" is not about health care.  They are simply disguised issues to advance a particular party -- in this case, the Democrat Party's -- agenda.  

3/21/2014 9:22 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
Global Warming Complete Myth. End of Story Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.