Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

50 pages! You win a rock!

3/12/2014 4:19 PM
Phttt.  50 pages is nothing.    badluck can cover that by himself in 3-4 days explaining how he does think players in my league are capable of hitting a ball over 300 ft but aren't capable of producing a groundball with an exit speed in excess of 90 MPH.   Despite admitting he didn't know what the **** he was talking about when he made numerous dumbass claims about both subjects.
3/12/2014 4:27 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/12/2014 3:57:00 PM (view original):
I'll add, just for ***** and giggles, that your stupidity/stubborness likely stems from the fact that you've been wrong about everything in this thread.   Starting with how much time it takes a max speed softball to travel 65 ft as compared to a max speed baseball to travel 95 ft.   You doubled down on GB/FB exit speed and progressively got dumber. 

So, instead of just moving on, you decided to compare my anecdotal softball story to Miggy's real life experience.   Sadly, I won't follow you down that rabbit hole.  I simply say very few people get hit in the face by balls regardless of the sport.    Because it's a fact. 
*I* decided to compare your ****** softball story to Cabrera getting hit in the face? Interesting way to spin it.

The only thing I've been wrong about is peak exit speeds of ML hitters for GB vs FB. I looked at averages. MLB players average exit speeds in the low 50's ground balls and exit speeds in the 80's for fly balls.

Though I'm sure there are some guys in your league that can hit the ball very hard in the air, I seriously doubt that they are hitting a slowly pitched ball on the ground so hard that it has an exit speed of 90 mph. In my opinion, you're probably seeing ground balls with exit speeds in the 60 mph range.

Think about it, you say the ball that hit you in the chest left a bruise. Did it break a bone? Because the ball that hit Cabrera in the face broke a bone. I'm pretty sure the ball that hit him was moving significantly faster.

3/12/2014 5:16 PM
Sure, I'll think about it.   I go to the gym 3-6 times a week.  I don't spend much of the time on a treadmill.    Could be fat, could be muscle but I'm sure Miggy doesn't have a 2-3 inch layer of it on his face.  I'll add that I've never broken a bone in my life.  Maybe I have good bones.   But, anyway, not the point.

Point was I was making fun of Miggy not making a comparison between a professional athlete and a weekend warriror(except that pretty much everyone can avoid getting hit in the face by a ball).
2nd point was a softball can easily cover 65 ft just as quickly as a baseball covering 95 ft.  Math, and the links provided, sez so.
3rd point is you've admitted ground balls can have the same exit speed as fly balls(after initially saying "No way!" and claiming to have proof).
4th point is you seem to know absolutely nothing about hitting a ball based on every comment you've made over the last two days.  You seem to think producing a fly ball/ground ball takes some exaggerated swing.   It doesn't. 
5th point is that you're moron and you keep proving it.  I don't say so.  Math does. 

Anything else?
3/12/2014 5:35 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/11/2014 8:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 3/10/2014 9:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/10/2014 8:46:00 PM (view original):

Uh, I'm not a professional athlete, dipshit.   How ******* stupid are you?

Not stupid enough to try to prove my point by arguing against it, that's for damn sure...
You don't even know the point, you stupid *******. 

The point was to make fun of Cabrera.  Nothing more, nothing less.   I'm the only person who knows if I even played ball last weekend.  (I did but, again, that's not the point).
this
3/12/2014 5:35 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/11/2014 10:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by 05nomar05 on 3/11/2014 10:45:00 AM (view original):
Wow...comparing your softball games to Miggy and the MLB.  Congrats on the losing the argument.

Can't believe this is still going on....what a joke.
Another ignorant *******.

It really wasn't the point.    I was simply pointing out that people, even those of considerably less athletic ability, can avoid getting hit the face with a batted ball.
this
3/12/2014 5:36 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/12/2014 5:35:00 PM (view original):
Sure, I'll think about it.   I go to the gym 3-6 times a week.  I don't spend much of the time on a treadmill.    Could be fat, could be muscle but I'm sure Miggy doesn't have a 2-3 inch layer of it on his face.  I'll add that I've never broken a bone in my life.  Maybe I have good bones.   But, anyway, not the point.

Point was I was making fun of Miggy not making a comparison between a professional athlete and a weekend warriror(except that pretty much everyone can avoid getting hit in the face by a ball).
2nd point was a softball can easily cover 65 ft just as quickly as a baseball covering 95 ft.  Math, and the links provided, sez so.
3rd point is you've admitted ground balls can have the same exit speed as fly balls(after initially saying "No way!" and claiming to have proof).
4th point is you seem to know absolutely nothing about hitting a ball based on every comment you've made over the last two days.  You seem to think producing a fly ball/ground ball takes some exaggerated swing.   It doesn't. 
5th point is that you're moron and you keep proving it.  I don't say so.  Math does. 

Anything else?
Not the point? Your entire softball story is not the point. Because it's irrelevant. But also, that's a pretty ****** job of making fun of someone. Hey that guy got hit in the face. I've avoided being hit in the face. Buuuuuuurn.

I'm not arguing that a softball can't move as fast as a baseball. I'm saying that the old fat ***** in your league aren't hitting groundballs anywhere near as fast as the groundballs seen by major league infielders.

Yes, ground balls can have the same exit speed as fly balls. I was wrong initially because I looked at averages not peaks.

Please quote where I said it takes an exaggerated swing to hit a ground ball. I'll wait. 

3/12/2014 7:08 PM

For ****'s sake.    Please quote the post where I said "Ground balls in my league are traveling as fast as MLB ground balls."

You do understand that there's a difference in distance between softball and baseball bases, right?     If not, you would have if you watched a game.    I approximated it to be 30 feet.   Honestly, I think MLB 3B line-up deeper behind the bag than softball players but that's certainly not a point I feel like arguing.  Would you like me to do the math on how hard a ball would have to be hit to travel 65 ft and 95 ft in one second?   Even if I don't do the math, do you think a ball would have to be hit HARDER to travel an extra 30 ft in the same amount of time?

But I'm not going to spend all day arguing with you today because you simply can't/won't understand the physics of baseball.    Have a great day.

3/13/2014 8:37 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/13/2014 8:37:00 AM (view original):

For ****'s sake.    Please quote the post where I said "Ground balls in my league are traveling as fast as MLB ground balls."

You do understand that there's a difference in distance between softball and baseball bases, right?     If not, you would have if you watched a game.    I approximated it to be 30 feet.   Honestly, I think MLB 3B line-up deeper behind the bag than softball players but that's certainly not a point I feel like arguing.  Would you like me to do the math on how hard a ball would have to be hit to travel 65 ft and 95 ft in one second?   Even if I don't do the math, do you think a ball would have to be hit HARDER to travel an extra 30 ft in the same amount of time?

But I'm not going to spend all day arguing with you today because you simply can't/won't understand the physics of baseball.    Have a great day.

Yeah, it's a 25 ft difference in base lengths. And I'm still sure that it's tougher to play 3rd in baseball than it is in softball.

Have a great day.
3/13/2014 9:05 AM
Wait . . . don't leave yet . . . . I still have questions about the age of the earth . . .
3/13/2014 9:07 AM
3/13/2014 9:10 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 3/13/2014 9:08:00 AM (view original):
Wait . . . don't leave yet . . . . I still have questions about the age of the earth . . .
I bet you do.
3/13/2014 10:55 AM

Rotoworld.com had some interesting news today...

Derek Dietrich was diagnosed with a non-displaced fracture at the top of his nose.

Dietrich suffered the injury during Thursday's Grapefruit League game when a ball took a bad hop and hit him in the face. The good news is that he won't require surgery and will simply need protective to wear. The Marlins are calling him day-to-day.

Mar 20 - 4:09 PM
3/20/2014 4:44 PM
I guess Chapman is a terrible fielder for a pitcher.  
3/20/2014 5:28 PM
A truly skilled fielder would've headed the ball to first base.
3/21/2014 12:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...48|49|50|51|52...94 Next ▸
Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.