Has anyone tried to pull down? Topic

Yeah, I am sorry. I wasn't clear. There is an advantage within 70 miles. If you are within the 70 mile range recruits are more likely to be pulled down that if you are outside it. I also think that the closer you are within that 70 mile range, the more likely they can be pulled down.
12/20/2013 5:43 AM
It's funny, after I read a response I remembered a couple of years ago I had a conference mate tell me that he was actually able to pull down a ranked recruit at D3, but the player wasn't actually that good so he didn't bother signing him.
12/20/2013 11:00 AM
Posted by kmasonbx1 on 12/20/2013 11:00:00 AM (view original):
It's funny, after I read a response I remembered a couple of years ago I had a conference mate tell me that he was actually able to pull down a ranked recruit at D3, but the player wasn't actually that good so he didn't bother signing him.
i told you a couple years ago too that this was possible...
12/20/2013 11:15 AM
Posted by bhansalid00 on 12/20/2013 1:24:00 AM (view original):
I believe that a recruit's more likely to be open to a pulldown if they're within 70 miles than if they're 80+ miles away. But beyond that, there's no difference - 120 mi vs 4,000 mi doesn't matter.
Agreed, 100%.
12/20/2013 12:15 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 12/20/2013 5:43:00 AM (view original):
Yeah, I am sorry. I wasn't clear. There is an advantage within 70 miles. If you are within the 70 mile range recruits are more likely to be pulled down that if you are outside it. I also think that the closer you are within that 70 mile range, the more likely they can be pulled down.
Yes, this I agree with. 
12/20/2013 12:16 PM
+1
12/21/2013 2:56 AM
Have pulled down players listed as D1 to D3 teams. Have done so with prestige in the B range. Within 70 miles from campus. CLOSER is better. Bring your wallet, it's going to cost a LOT of cash. The better the player, the higher the cost. Juco's are easiest to pull down, but 4 year players are certainly possible. DON'T expect 4 star play, that's not going to happen. Just because he lists as D1 for YOU, does NOT mean that he is an actual D1 level player, keep that in mind. If you are a D3 coach, you need to realize that D1 level talent is NOT coming to your school. Your List for recruits and where the recruits fall on that list is relative to YOUR SCHOOL, always keep that in mind, just because it says he's a D1 player, does not mean he actually IS a D1 player. Player may be good, very good, or even lesser than some players you have access to who list as lower level players on your searches. Keep the players ratings in mind as always when trying this. The ratings and potential usually tell the story. Don't get caught up in the "hype" that you can get a "D1" player, and lose site of WHAT the player you are recruiting actually brings to the table.
12/24/2013 12:17 PM
◂ Prev 12
Has anyone tried to pull down? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.