The Place to Have the Same Argument Over and Over Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 12/19/2013 6:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/19/2013 2:01:00 PM (view original):
BL must have had meetings today.  No posts after 7:30 his time.

Good thing he got his arguing in before the meetings.   He'd have been too distracted to meet without it.
No meetings but I'm at my busiest time of year right now. So you know, work takes a front seat...or maybe you don't know that (30,000 posts and all).
Work more efficiently.   The people who say "I'm so busy that I don't even have time to eat lunch" are inefficient workers.  

12/20/2013 8:40 AM
Or...they really do have a lot to do.
12/20/2013 9:30 AM
Not really.   That's not how businesses set themselves up.   Almost everyone is overstaffed in order to cover "emergency" situations.    The only people who don't have time to take a break are the folks dealing with walk-up customers.  You can't ignore someone who's standing in front of you.   Every other "busy" person is just inefficient. 
12/20/2013 9:49 AM
Interesting theory from someone who claims to run a business.
12/20/2013 10:01 AM
It's not really a theory.    Just 30 years of experience.   The job has to get done regardless of sickness, vacations, appointments, etc, etc.    So a business that needs 200 man hours per week is likely to hire 220 man hours.   Maybe less since the economic downturn since times were lean but I've never seen a business that was understaffed with competent workers.   By and large, American workers are incompetent and lazy.   They want to get paid a lot for a little effort. 

Are you incompetent, lazy or both?
12/20/2013 10:16 AM
Work smarter, not harder.
12/20/2013 10:22 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/20/2013 10:16:00 AM (view original):
It's not really a theory.    Just 30 years of experience.   The job has to get done regardless of sickness, vacations, appointments, etc, etc.    So a business that needs 200 man hours per week is likely to hire 220 man hours.   Maybe less since the economic downturn since times were lean but I've never seen a business that was understaffed with competent workers.   By and large, American workers are incompetent and lazy.   They want to get paid a lot for a little effort. 

I guess you assume businesses don't have peak periods.

You also seem to assume all businesses and people are the same.

Again, interesting theories.
12/20/2013 10:24 AM
Pretty much.   You can run around like a chicken with it's head cut-off and do everything at the last minute or you can lay out a plan then follow it.
12/20/2013 10:25 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/20/2013 10:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/20/2013 10:16:00 AM (view original):

I guess you assume businesses don't have peak periods.

You also seem to assume all businesses and people are the same.

Again, interesting theories.
Sure they do.  That's another reason why they're overstaffed. 

No, they aren't the same.   Some are efficient, some are so busy they "don't have time to even eat lunch."  We'll just call them "inefficient".

I understand why you don't like it.   You have no "free" time and I've said you're not efficient.   
12/20/2013 10:27 AM

FWIW, if you're so "swamped", maybe you should have gone to work 30-45 minutes early instead of telling us how swamped you were.    Or does your company have rules against people showing up early?   I find it's easier to do paperwork when the phones are quiet. 

12/20/2013 10:30 AM
I think you miss me when I'm gone so you act out. Like a child.
12/20/2013 11:40 AM
Just pointing out that you're either incompetent or inefficient when you attempt to do your job.    Don't get all pouty.
12/20/2013 12:03 PM
Good to know that you think everyone who occasionally doesn't have time to **** around at work is either incompetent or inefficient.
12/20/2013 12:42 PM
Glad I could clear that up for you. 
12/20/2013 2:03 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/20/2013 12:42:00 PM (view original):
Good to know that you think everyone who occasionally doesn't have time to **** around at work is either incompetent or inefficient.
I thought everybody knew that.  No?
12/20/2013 2:39 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
The Place to Have the Same Argument Over and Over Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.