Posted by shobob on 9/4/2013 4:13:00 PM (view original):
I had considered FL to be one of the more enjoyable worlds to be in. I like how trade-rape and ridiculous contract signings are an impossibility there. This episode is making me wonder if I want to continue to be in a world with someone like usfbully in it. It's regretable, because kcden is a really good commish, and everyone else in FL don't deserve to have this world thrown under the bus like this because of one idiot's tirade. It's clear that the theme to this world makes for some difficulties, but each owner is faced with the same challenges. As for jefepwnzer being a tanker, I find that to be ridiculous. It's clear to me that he is not tanking. A tanker uses losing for 2-4 seasons as a means to better his team. If Seattle were tanking, they would have a super team by now. It's too bad we can't just kick someone out of a world for being a jackass.
Once again Mike and I agree (which we do a lot he just has to imagine that he has a unique opinion), if one owners posts on a forum discourage you from playing in the league you probably should rethink your social interactions.

There are leagues that fill everyday with owners who tank, cheat, curse, threaten, cry, trade-rape, and everything else under the sun. Outside of insulting Trop's intelligence and an analogy, I have been cordial to everyone in the league, despite being called various vulgar names. I would hardly call my actions the actions of a jackass.

A jackass says stuff like, "You're a dumbass and a raging puss for redlining the player that proves your a retard. Eat dick, crybaby".

9/4/2013 6:46 PM
Posted by tropicana on 9/4/2013 5:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by usfbully on 9/4/2013 4:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tropicana on 9/4/2013 11:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by usfbully on 9/4/2013 11:19:00 AM (view original):
I will restate, any opinion formed of "me" from this thread, or this website in general, is worthless. In what is the equivalent of World of Warcraft for sports, it is actually sad to see some people devote so much time and money to this site.  
I have a whole lot of friends that are ******** and jerks. Some of the people here I would consider "friends". They're big jerks too. Not a single one of them would have said the things you said, usf. They have some character. And even though this is an internet message board, their character wouldn't have let them post the fairly terrible things that you did, fake internet tough guy or not. There's lines you don't cross, and not only have you crossed them, you've stayed firmly implanted on the other side like a racist, ignorant abs horrible person. Whether or not you ARE the type of person that thinks it's ok to say the things you said, you've given off the very reasonable impression that you ARE that person and not given anyone the cause to defend you. On top of that, you've made it nearly impossible to fill For Life with any owner of any quality because of your outburst. Quite the job well done, really. But keep pushing this and not apologizing. Please.

To paraphrase the tv show Scrubs....
"THESE ARE MY MACHINES!!!! MY MY MY MACHINES!!!"
"Whose machines are they?"
"Helping or hurting, JD, helping or hurting?"
You have no idea what my religion is. You have no idea what my race is. You have no idea what my sex is. You have no idea what my income level is. You do not know who is typing this!

Stop trying to be holier than thou. I am not being a fake internet tough guy. I am not threating anyone. I am not asking to meet anyone in real life. I made an anology. It was a tad hyperbolic, but it was an anology. You are the one who is pretending to be offended by the whole matter.

I am not pushing anything. How many posts has Mike, and all of his other followers (you) made in this thread?
Yes...I am pretending to be offended....that's exactly the root the problem. You were a tad hyperbolic and I am pretending to be offended.

Since I feel like it would be prudent to make sure you know, the above was ALL sarcasm. And I was rolling my eyes as I typed it.
For the record, you are offended for an analogy.

I am not offended after being called phrases like "idiot, retard, ******, puss, crybaby, etc..."

You know why? Because this is an internet message board, and outside of the 3-4 times a day I check my team and the board it has zero impact on life. If you are sitting at home thinking of how you have been offended by anything typed out on here I would rethink my ability to handle the internet.

9/4/2013 6:48 PM
Posted by usfbully on 9/4/2013 6:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shobob on 9/4/2013 4:13:00 PM (view original):
I had considered FL to be one of the more enjoyable worlds to be in. I like how trade-rape and ridiculous contract signings are an impossibility there. This episode is making me wonder if I want to continue to be in a world with someone like usfbully in it. It's regretable, because kcden is a really good commish, and everyone else in FL don't deserve to have this world thrown under the bus like this because of one idiot's tirade. It's clear that the theme to this world makes for some difficulties, but each owner is faced with the same challenges. As for jefepwnzer being a tanker, I find that to be ridiculous. It's clear to me that he is not tanking. A tanker uses losing for 2-4 seasons as a means to better his team. If Seattle were tanking, they would have a super team by now. It's too bad we can't just kick someone out of a world for being a jackass.
Once again Mike and I agree (which we do a lot he just has to imagine that he has a unique opinion), if one owners posts on a forum discourage you from playing in the league you probably should rethink your social interactions.

There are leagues that fill everyday with owners who tank, cheat, curse, threaten, cry, trade-rape, and everything else under the sun. Outside of insulting Trop's intelligence and an analogy, I have been cordial to everyone in the league, despite being called various vulgar names. I would hardly call my actions the actions of a jackass.

A jackass says stuff like, "You're a dumbass and a raging puss for redlining the player that proves your a retard. Eat dick, crybaby".

Only a dumbass and raging puss would redline the post that proves one is a retard.
9/4/2013 6:56 PM
Posted by usfbully on 9/4/2013 6:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tropicana on 9/4/2013 5:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by usfbully on 9/4/2013 4:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tropicana on 9/4/2013 11:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by usfbully on 9/4/2013 11:19:00 AM (view original):
I will restate, any opinion formed of "me" from this thread, or this website in general, is worthless. In what is the equivalent of World of Warcraft for sports, it is actually sad to see some people devote so much time and money to this site.  
I have a whole lot of friends that are ******** and jerks. Some of the people here I would consider "friends". They're big jerks too. Not a single one of them would have said the things you said, usf. They have some character. And even though this is an internet message board, their character wouldn't have let them post the fairly terrible things that you did, fake internet tough guy or not. There's lines you don't cross, and not only have you crossed them, you've stayed firmly implanted on the other side like a racist, ignorant abs horrible person. Whether or not you ARE the type of person that thinks it's ok to say the things you said, you've given off the very reasonable impression that you ARE that person and not given anyone the cause to defend you. On top of that, you've made it nearly impossible to fill For Life with any owner of any quality because of your outburst. Quite the job well done, really. But keep pushing this and not apologizing. Please.

To paraphrase the tv show Scrubs....
"THESE ARE MY MACHINES!!!! MY MY MY MACHINES!!!"
"Whose machines are they?"
"Helping or hurting, JD, helping or hurting?"
You have no idea what my religion is. You have no idea what my race is. You have no idea what my sex is. You have no idea what my income level is. You do not know who is typing this!

Stop trying to be holier than thou. I am not being a fake internet tough guy. I am not threating anyone. I am not asking to meet anyone in real life. I made an anology. It was a tad hyperbolic, but it was an anology. You are the one who is pretending to be offended by the whole matter.

I am not pushing anything. How many posts has Mike, and all of his other followers (you) made in this thread?
Yes...I am pretending to be offended....that's exactly the root the problem. You were a tad hyperbolic and I am pretending to be offended.

Since I feel like it would be prudent to make sure you know, the above was ALL sarcasm. And I was rolling my eyes as I typed it.
For the record, you are offended for an analogy.

I am not offended after being called phrases like "idiot, retard, ******, puss, crybaby, etc..."

You know why? Because this is an internet message board, and outside of the 3-4 times a day I check my team and the board it has zero impact on life. If you are sitting at home thinking of how you have been offended by anything typed out on here I would rethink my ability to handle the internet.

You called MikeT Hitler and called shobob and I, in the same post, Nazi sympathizers and Uncle Tom's. Considering that the Jewish people in Germany that you spoke of sent hundreds of thousands of people to their deaths...yeah. I take offense to that.

If you can't see the difference between calling someone a jackass and what you called shobob and I, then....seriously, man, go get help. In a completely, non-jokey haha kind of way. Seek professional help immediately. Your social interactions -- even if they are over the internet -- are NOT normal.
9/4/2013 8:32 PM
This is definitely on the top 5 meltdown list...
9/4/2013 8:35 PM
Posted by willsauve on 9/4/2013 8:35:00 PM (view original):
This is definitely on the top 5 meltdown list...
Internet forum gold
9/4/2013 10:00 PM
Just a few thoughts about some of the posts above.  I don't believe the Seattle owner is a tanker.  FL takes a long time to change the trajectory of a franchise, and that's assuming you do everything right drom a draft/FA perspective.  If you mess up a draft, sign the wrong FAs or get shut out of the IFA market, woe be your franchise.  I am expecting at least 5 seasons before I can position myself for a serious playoff run.  I really enjoy the format so I'm willing to put in the time.

Usf's two WS titles should not have an asterisk by them.  He plays by the same rules as everyone else and has a very good strategic plan to match the world rules.  Criticize him deservedly so for his comments but give credit where it is due.  His two titles are well earned.
9/4/2013 10:02 PM
usf is a boss.  y'all hatin'.
9/8/2013 7:52 PM
Posted by usfbully on 8/30/2013 4:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by willsauve on 8/30/2013 3:40:00 PM (view original):
ForLife only utilizes a small portion of the options that people pay for on this game.. No Trades, No open free agency, No R5 draft. Becasue of this you have a limited number of interested owners and probably wait much longer periods to fill. .  How can you honestly state that that world is better than any other world on this site?  

Only way to get better in that world is to tank to get low picks or  to dump lots of $$ into IFA market.. I would guess that any team that opens up will be a team that has been neglected and has had a few different owners mismanage it which would likely limit the ability to make a splash in IFA due to higher than average team payrolls and they have to wait 3 seasons to lower their even more useless ADV Scouting budget..   Only time a good well managed team will open up is when a good owner gets tired of waiting to fill..
We have 3 openings a roll and wait 5 days at most.

That is not the only way. One of them is to draft depth 24-32.

Everyone has money to drop because you can resign players for cheap.

Just because you couldn't handle the twist doesn't mean the world is not competitive.

EDIT:

And, by the way, your (flawed) argument would indicate exact opposite of what the stats show. If you have to tank to win we should be seeing MORE 100 win and 100 loss teams. Instead there is parity as every can compete, making it an extremely challenging world to play in.

USF has trouble with numbers like 3 and 5.

9/8/2013 8:39 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/1/2013 3:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 8/31/2013 12:16:00 PM (view original):
Well, statistically speaking, you could put 32 drooling morons in a single HBD world, have them all win between 76-86 games out of mere random variation, and cry "PARITY, ************!!!".

IOW, statisitcs only tell part of the story.
I'm curious to see the proof of the competitiveness of "For Life" world, since the only thing you've provided so far is a count of 100+ W/L seasons.  Which, as pointed out in my earlier post, can also be achieved by a room full of drooling morons.
Don't think I ever saw a response to this.  Has usfdumbass ever offered anything beyond (a) a count of 100+ W/L seasons, or (b) repeating "WE'RE COMPETITIVE" to back his argument?
9/8/2013 8:54 PM
Can't we just let this thread die?  Since usf has kept quiet recently, we over in FL would all like it if this could just blow over.
9/8/2013 9:09 PM
Not if you keep bumping it.
9/9/2013 9:48 AM
We will decide when the mocking will stop.

Thanks for understanding.
9/9/2013 9:56 AM
Yeah, that too.
9/9/2013 9:57 AM
bunch of butt hurt dudes that got told in here
9/9/2013 12:04 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.