New Single Season Prog Starting With 77 Topic

The first baseball progressive I started just finished up. We started with 1987, (the so-called start of the juiced ball, juiced players era) and played all the way to 2012, a total of 26 seasons.

This time, I'm starting with the 1977 season. And a change will be made as we'll draft real life AAA players plus we'll keep those players available the whole season.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had 7 owners compete in all 26 seasons, plus a few more played in almost every season.

Barry Bonds connected for 878 HRs.

Greg Maddux racked up 387 wins.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hockeyhead, mw100, tradrrr, verbal kint, alanb017, yatagon, dannino, ljemd, sakabakbrg, papabilly, willclarkfan, jeffc7823, homiealiens, busterglen,  cleonjones, schwingkid, mikemundt, derek2hof, oldschool62, kallison1,n4ser, wgasa, goldman23

Available Parks:  Wrigley  Memorial, Astrodome

=============================================================================

Owners                       Park

1. hockeyhead            Olympic
2. mw100                    Yankee
3. tradrrr                      Comiskey
4. verbal kint                 Oakland
5. alanb017                 Busch
6. yatagon                   Royals
7. dannino                   Shea       
8. ljemd                        Exhibition
9. sakabakbrg            Fenway
10. papabilly               Riverfront
11. willclarkfan            Candlestick
12. jeffc7823               Fulton County
13. nukelaloosh          Veterans
14. busterglen                 Cleveland              
16. cleonjones                 Jack Murphy
17. schwingkid                County
18. mikemundt                Metropolitan
19. derek2hof                  Three Rivers
20. oldschool62               Kingdome
21. kallison1                   Dodger
22. goldman23               Tiger
23. wgasa                      Arlington
24. n4ser                        Anaheim
=====================================================================================

Rules:

This is a progressive league that begins with season 1977

Draft times will be 10AM ET to 10PM ET everyday. Only players that are WIS eligible for a certain draft are available. If you're unavailable for your draft time send proxys to other available owners, particularly owners drafting after you. If teams miss their draft times, picks can be made up anytime. If selections aren't made by the following draft day the commish has the right to make up these picks.

Drafts will be based on reverse order of standings after 120 games. 1-24, 1-24. Teams must have a minimum 30 wins at this point or will lose one draft position for every win below this plateau. A weighted random lottery for the bottom 6 teams.

Cap is $255M. No to AAA, WW and DH. Yes to trades including draft choices. Draft choices can only be traded one year ahead. After the trade deadline, draft picks can be traded in the upcoming draft and the following season draft.

If RL team changes park you must change park. Use RL team city name. Use any nickname.

Teams will post unlimited protected lists near the end of the season including IR, no limit.

Real life AAA players to be drafted.

There is an Add/Drop thread for those who need to make any changes to their rosters. This takes place after the draft is complete 10AMET on a first come first served basis. Dropped players can be picked up by other teams. Please don't use the Add/Drop thread thread until the draft is completed

Unused draft picks (slots) can be traded within reason. Example: Team One trades their unused 2nd draft pick this season to Team B for their 2nd round pick next season.

I'll post an available player list. All owners must check this list before every draft to see if any players on their keeper list are shown as available.
Another owner could take one of these players and no compensation will be given to the original owner. This is not ideal but has to be posted one way or the other.

In season trades involving only draft choices should go through the trade center as well.
=============================================================================================
Standings

Leaders

Team Stats

2012 League Awards

League Records
9/14/2013 11:27 PM (edited)
I guess I'll rejoin
8/18/2013 12:17 PM
Posted by ljemd on 8/18/2013 12:17:00 PM (view original):
I guess I'll rejoin
You sound really excited ljemd!
8/18/2013 12:57 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by papabilly on 8/18/2013 10:48:00 PM (view original):
Can I get in
Welcome papabilly!
8/19/2013 3:06 PM
I'd like to join.
8/22/2013 12:15 AM
Posted by willclarkfan on 8/22/2013 12:15:00 AM (view original):
I'd like to join.
Welcome to the league!
8/25/2013 2:37 PM
I'll join.  Thanks!
8/28/2013 1:00 PM
Count me in please
8/28/2013 7:14 PM
Looks like it's time for a new progressive.  Count me in.
8/31/2013 6:55 AM
I'll Play in the League... Please...   

I'll also take the LA Dodgers...
9/1/2013 12:38 PM
Thanks guys, 15 in,
9/2/2013 2:32 AM
great to find a new progressive....id like to join
9/2/2013 8:33 AM
didn't realize we were choosing stadiums.  I'll take the Yankees. 
9/2/2013 9:37 AM
I also didn't realize that. I'll take Fenway please.
9/2/2013 9:46 AM
123 Next ▸
New Single Season Prog Starting With 77 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.