Sim Ai Battle... Topic

This was the last scholarship message I received from a recruit: "Coach, I really appreciate you having enough faith in me to extend me a scholarship offer this early. That means a lot to me and unless something changes between now and the signing period, you've got yourself a player."

I was going up against a Sim Ai coach. I stopped putting money into him thinking that Sim Ai's can't put any additional effort in. A day later, however, with no new scholarship message, he signed with the Sim Ai. Does Sim Ai get recruiting bonus for early effort? Would that explain him overtaking me at the end without an update in scholarship messages?
7/1/2013 10:43 AM
I've always been careful when I get the "I really appreciate you having enough faith in me to extend me a scholarship this early" because I've noticed that sentence has meant I'm behind in a battle.

However, I'm confused here since he also tells you "you've got yourself a player", which has meant to me that  you are winning.

I've actually never seen these two sentences together in one message, so I'm not sure what to think of your situation except given the result, apparently the first sentence was the right one to believe.

7/1/2013 10:53 AM
bmckay - you DEFINITELY were winning and per seble and the coaching community, you should have won. this bug has come up a number of times. send a ticket ASAP - the last guy sent a ticket and seble couldnt figure it out, said the guy should have won. if he catches it in time, he might award you the player. if not, it might help him track down the problem - send as much detail as possible, if you can.
7/1/2013 12:40 PM
Thank you, Bis. If it's my misunderstanding of the scholarship message, then I take fault. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some weird glitch. I've contacted CS just to make sure.
7/1/2013 12:40 PM
Good to know, Gillispie. Thank you. I'll provide as much info as I can.
7/1/2013 12:42 PM
it is a weird glitch, you aren't at fault here, this has been posted on the forums at least half a dozen times, and probably has happened many more times than that. last time seble even acknowledged the situation made no sense to him, so you might really help everyone who could suffer from this in the future by sending that ticket - so id stick with it! you should amend to say hey, this is a known glitch per the forums, please make sure this reaches seble right away, the world rolls over on <include date> - last time he couldnt track down the bug because the world already rolled over.that should get it to seble quicker
7/1/2013 12:44 PM
You get a quicker response if you add it onto a previously sent ticket. I think the older tickets are viewed before the new ones
7/1/2013 1:16 PM
I don't think it was your misunderstanding - I think the system screwed up (the "bug" the others have mentioned) and put two contradictory sentences into one message and then robbed you of a recruit that should have been yours, as they have suggested.

Or maybe I'm wrong and the first sentence doesn't indicate behind like I thought.

Either way you got screwed and I agree a ticket should be sent.

7/1/2013 1:26 PM
Yea this happened to me not long ago. They took like 5 days to respond saying it took so long because they were trying to figure it out. Ended up saying there is no way I should have lost but it is now too late to put the guy on my team. Make sure you say something so they don't pull that crap on you. They flat out told me if it was still during recruiting they would have just given me the recruit.
7/1/2013 1:28 PM
They responded to my first question pretty quickly. That was before I knew it was a glitch. I provided more information, along with stressing the importance of escalating to Seble, so hopefully I'll here back soon and keep you guys posted. Unfortunately, recruiting ends tonight at midnight. The player in question isn't even that important to my team, but I'd definitely like to help get this bug solved for the future.
7/1/2013 1:36 PM
Posted by bistiza on 7/1/2013 1:26:00 PM (view original):
I don't think it was your misunderstanding - I think the system screwed up (the "bug" the others have mentioned) and put two contradictory sentences into one message and then robbed you of a recruit that should have been yours, as they have suggested.

Or maybe I'm wrong and the first sentence doesn't indicate behind like I thought.

Either way you got screwed and I agree a ticket should be sent.

the message as a whole has 1 meaning, in my opinion, you shouldnt read the first and second sentences differently and walk away with 2 meanings. overall, that is a winning message.
7/1/2013 2:17 PM
The only reason I said what I did was because I've found messages where they player says "appreciate the faith to offer me a scholarship this early" and I know I'm behind, so there must be more than one message that starts that way.
7/1/2013 2:30 PM
There are definitely some that start similar to that, and end with something like "I hope you have enough faith in me to take a few more visits."

The ticket has been escalated to the right department.
7/1/2013 2:51 PM
Just as I posted that, they responded saying it's a rare occurrence where they can't find out why a player decides to sign with a sim ai. They were able to transfer the player over to me since recruiting is still going on, and were going to look further into what might cause this glitch to happen. Overall, very happy with how fast they handled everything.
7/1/2013 2:57 PM
Haha well lucky you :P
7/1/2013 3:04 PM
12 Next ▸
Sim Ai Battle... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.