Beta update for those not involved... Topic

The past 2 day's have seen HUGE progress in 3.0! It looks to me (and this is just MHO) that it's getting close. Penalties, interception returns, fumbles, etc. still have to be worked in but the primary parts of the game have improved by "leaps and bounds" as they say over the last couple of games. I would even go as far as to say they've been the most enjoyable games I've played in GD (beta or not) in a long time!
6/17/2013 5:01 AM
What is the learning curve going to be for those of us who have not been participating in the beta?   How long to figure it out with all the new features and changes to rosters, etc...

I tried to participate when it first came out, but it seemed too complicated and I just did not have the time to keep up with my regular teams and a beta team/teams.
6/17/2013 5:55 AM
Based on where this was at 2 days ago I think some are a bit hasty in declaring that "it's getting close".  I know of at least one very well established GD coach who doesn't neccasarily  share this opinion.
6/17/2013 8:33 AM
Posted by jibe on 6/17/2013 8:33:00 AM (view original):
Based on where this was at 2 days ago I think some are a bit hasty in declaring that "it's getting close".  I know of at least one very well established GD coach who doesn't neccasarily  share this opinion.
Your post count is fitting right now, you devil.
6/17/2013 8:55 AM
Have they fixed the part of the "Test Game" where you can see your opponent's game plan?
6/17/2013 9:19 AM
I quit the beta. It's too time consuming, all while there are no rewards for playing. If you have free time, which nobody should in this world, if you are a true producer, the kind who doesn't mooch off of the looters who steal from the true producers, then play. 
6/17/2013 3:43 PM
First team took some time to figure out but the last 2 took 10-15 minutes tops because I knew what I was doing and what I was trying to do.
6/17/2013 5:32 PM
Posted by caesari on 6/17/2013 8:55:00 AM (view original):
Your post count is fitting right now, you devil.
Hmmm, I guess I'll post on this inactive beast for awhile then.
6/17/2013 5:34 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 6/17/2013 5:55:00 AM (view original):
What is the learning curve going to be for those of us who have not been participating in the beta?   How long to figure it out with all the new features and changes to rosters, etc...

I tried to participate when it first came out, but it seemed too complicated and I just did not have the time to keep up with my regular teams and a beta team/teams.
+1
6/17/2013 7:00 PM
If you spend time on the front end and get your pre-sets the way you want them, it takes about the same as 2.0, but if you try to tweak it by hand every time, you're gonna have some issues. Even with the short-cuts they've installed, there's a lot more content in the 3.0 GP.
6/18/2013 12:55 PM
7 years I have been playing this game. I have 2 more seasons and that is it. No more waiting.
6/18/2013 2:41 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 6/17/2013 5:55:00 AM (view original):

It's probably going to take quite a bit more time, but only in the beginning.  Once it's set it won't be so time consuming. Also, it feels worse than it really is to most of us involved in beta because we're also trying to keep up with our "real teams" at the same time!
6/21/2013 12:00 PM
Of course everyone has their own opinion, but then again nothing will ever be good enough for some coaches!
6/21/2013 12:02 PM
Posted by scrodz on 6/17/2013 9:19:00 AM (view original):
Have they fixed the part of the "Test Game" where you can see your opponent's game plan?
This was never really a problem. For one thing, it's beta, and whether you win or lose isn't important, so the fact that you can see your opponents game plan shouldn't matter. BUT...Once 3.0 goes live it would, so what they are planning is to keep this as part of the game but limit it. My guess is it will be limited to teams that are NOT on your schedule, but it may be limited to the point where you can only play your own offense against your defense. It's as close to scrimmaging as possible and to me one of the coolest parts of 3.0!
6/21/2013 12:06 PM
Posted by citizenkane on 6/17/2013 3:43:00 PM (view original):
I quit the beta. It's too time consuming, all while there are no rewards for playing. If you have free time, which nobody should in this world, if you are a true producer, the kind who doesn't mooch off of the looters who steal from the true producers, then play. 
Wow!
6/21/2013 12:06 PM
123 Next ▸
Beta update for those not involved... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.