REAL basketball SKILL doesn't matter Topic

CLASSIC!!!
6/10/2013 11:00 PM
Leave Jimmymetzger AALLOOOONE!

Maybe the point about basketball knowledge is not completely without merit. I'm sure not being able to place blocking stones going into the 3rd period has messed up many birdies for me.

6/10/2013 11:18 PM
WIS MC: OK, our next applicant is Marvin Kougouka from Skeeteritch, Idaho. Tell us what you know, Marvin.

Marvin: Basketball is game played by 2 teams with 5 players each. The whole point of the game is to get the basketball through your opponent's net (an elevated horizontal hoop) within the established rules. The team without the ball is the one on defense and they use set patterns to prevent the other team from scoring. The team with the ball, which is called offense, attempts to score by using set patterns of their own. At the end of the game, the team with the most points wins.

WIS MC: Holy Swish, Marvin. That was an excellent answer. Tell him what he's won, Johnny.

Johnny. Well Marvin, because of your top notch answer we are going to start you off in the Big Six conference of your choice. You will also have 12 bonus points added to your team total per game. Plus, the engine will be adjusted to provide your team with 85% FT shooting, and you will be able to sign up to three 5-star recruits for the $110 minimum. Congratulations, Marvin.
6/11/2013 3:07 AM
I could pass a basketball knowledge test if Jim Harrick, Jr. administered it.  I went back and reviewed the exam he gave his Georgia players in 2004 and I scored 80%. 

Questions included:
1) In which league do the Georgia Bulldogs compete?
2) How many halves are in a college basketball game?
3) How many points does a 3-point field goal account for in a basketball game?
4) Diagram the half-court line. 

and my favorite:
5) What is the name of the exam which all high school seniors in the State of Georgia must pass?
   A)  Eye Exam
   B) How Do The Grits Taste Exam
   C)  Bug Control Exam
   D)  Georgia Exit Exam
6/11/2013 4:07 AM
I read this as him saying his mixed-tape impacting game play makes about the same sense as the current settings and I thought we all agreed with that? Now I can't figure out who is the smart one?
6/11/2013 7:20 AM
If being a good basketball player in reality means that you get some benefits in HD, then there should be a special category for us geezers who had our best games before cameras were invented.  The older I get, the better I was!  (Did I ever tell you about the time that I scored 58 points in a quarter while being guarded by James Naismith?)
6/11/2013 9:55 AM
I was pretty ferocious at chucking up long 3s in church league back in the day. 
6/11/2013 10:11 AM
Posted by davis on 6/11/2013 9:55:00 AM (view original):
If being a good basketball player in reality means that you get some benefits in HD, then there should be a special category for us geezers who had our best games before cameras were invented.  The older I get, the better I was!  (Did I ever tell you about the time that I scored 58 points in a quarter while being guarded by James Naismith?)
I think you're exaggerating your youthfulness.  I'm pretty sure I saw a cave drawing of you with a basketball.  Was it hard to bounce a square ball?
6/11/2013 10:31 AM
Wow. Hilarious.

I get the impression this wasn't something he posted just for laughs, though.

Someone who thinks he's good at basketball in real life also thinks that should give him some advantage within the game. In short, he wants to download his knowledge to the WIS version of the Matrix.

Hilarious thread of the year. It gets my vote thus far.

6/11/2013 10:32 AM
I think you're exaggerating your youthfulness.  I'm pretty sure I saw a cave drawing of you with a basketball.  Was it hard to bounce a square ball?

alblack with the burn.
6/11/2013 10:33 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 6/10/2013 8:51:00 PM (view original):
I almost forgot to comment on this...this guy may be a good basketball player but he's dumb as a stump...if you want being a good basketball player to count for something...get this...play actual basketball then...this isn't real basketball Jimmer...
colonels just doesn't want to have to share his own mixtape...
6/11/2013 10:47 AM
I have a mixtape, but it's not that great. Then again, I think I've got some sweet moves!

6/11/2013 11:12 AM
Posted by alblack56 on 6/11/2013 10:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by davis on 6/11/2013 9:55:00 AM (view original):
In my day, we dribbled square basketballs uphill through the snow both to and from school while dodging saber-toothed tiger attacks.  (So it is only fair that I should get $500K extra for recruiting every season.)
6/11/2013 1:57 PM
Posted by bistiza on 6/11/2013 10:33:00 AM (view original):

alblack with the burn.
What Al conveniently leaves out is that he is, in fact, older than me.  He dominated basketball back in the PSL (Primordial Soup League).
6/11/2013 1:59 PM
Has no one yet seen my awesome mix tape? I'm telling you, those are killer moves!
6/11/2013 2:23 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸
REAL basketball SKILL doesn't matter Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.