All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Thoughts on my season 3 of beta
6/8/2013 2:07 AM
the NSA knows all

but we don't need to tell you that
6/9/2013 8:58 AM
Posted by secret_agent on 6/8/2013 1:25:00 AM (view original):

I'll have to give that a try, crcummings if I get that far, but I think I might just be walking away from this game though. There is a real MF of a coach who, for lacking of better words to describe this, is attacking every single one of my recruits in Bava, and I don't see how players who are green for you can so easily turn red in one single cycle. Every coach now has the same exact rep and loyalty so everything should be even on that front. The only thing this other coach has against me is he won a national championship in season 3. Two more wins than my team... and I know if I were going to try and knock a human team off a recruit it usually takes about 3 to 5 CV's.

Here is how this transpired and why I say it is an intended targeting. I had a WR green for me that is 50 miles from me. Next cycle the same WR is red and had gone to the other coach. So i decided  that this player was worth battling for and I didn't just walk away from the WR, I tossed out some CV's and got back on the recruit's considering list. NEXT cycle 8 of my green targets are red and or yellow and the only team being considered outside of me is the other team. I'm just appalled that someone, who already won a national title, would be so offended  and obviously angry that I wanted to battle for the ONE recruit I had green in the beginning that he would launch an all out assault on every recruit I had green.

Anyway, this sort of vengeful, childish practice should not be allowed in the game, and I'm not sure I want to play a game in that type of enviroment. There is no need for it. Battle for a player or two is fine, and I know no recruit is yours till signing day, but to purposely target all of my recruits, even my running back targets when this other team runs nothing but a shotgun, long bomb offense is just plain hateful. I'm not even sure how he found all the players that were considering my team to begin with.

First let me say, I get where you're coming from and agree with you. That said, if you want a realistic college football game this is part of it. Believe me when I tell you this happens in real life too. Maybe not quite to this extent, but it happens. My guess is the coach that's doing this to you has a lot more money to work with right now because of more scholarships to fill. I would just do the best I could this season and remember to pay him back. With interest. Next season or the one after the tables will turn and you will have a big advantage. That's when it's time to "break him of sucking the ***" as we say in east TX. Go after every decent recruit he turns green. This won't help today, but if you're in the game for the long run it will put a stop to it down the road. Good luck!
6/9/2013 9:41 AM

I'll have to give that a try, crcummings if I get that far, but I think I might just be walking away from this game though. There is a real MF of a coach who, for lacking of better words to describe this, is attacking every single one of my recruits in Bava, and I don't see how players who are green for you can so easily turn red in one single cycle. Every coach now has the same exact rep and loyalty so everything should be even on that front. The only thing this other coach has against me is he won a national championship in season 3. Two more wins than my team... and I know if I were going to try and knock a human team off a recruit it usually takes about 3 to 5 CV's.

Here is how this transpired and why I say it is an intended targeting. I had a WR green for me that is 50 miles from me. Next cycle the same WR is red and had gone to the other coach. So i decided  that this player was worth battling for and I didn't just walk away from the WR, I tossed out some CV's and got back on the recruit's considering list. NEXT cycle 8 of my green targets are red and or yellow and the only team being considered outside of me is the other team. I'm just appalled that someone, who already won a national title, would be so offended  and obviously angry that I wanted to battle for the ONE recruit I had green in the beginning that he would launch an all out assault on every recruit I had green.

Anyway, this sort of vengeful, childish practice should not be allowed in the game, and I'm not sure I want to play a game in that type of enviroment. There is no need for it. Battle for a player or two is fine, and I know no recruit is yours till signing day, but to purposely target all of my recruits, even my running back targets when this other team runs nothing but a shotgun, long bomb offense is just plain hateful. I'm not even sure how he found all the players that were considering my team to begin with.

I'm curioius if you battled sims off of these recruits or were they undecideds you turned green with a simple AC scout.  The reason I ask, is that if they were just undecideds that you turned green with an AC scout, which is pretty common at the lower levels, it really doesn't take an all-out assault to flip them.  If you battled sims off them to turn them, thus having 4 or 5K, invested, and he still flipped them, then he obviously spent some coin to do so.  I'm just curious about who had what invested.
6/9/2013 4:58 PM
Posted by mannowar on 6/9/2013 9:41:00 AM (view original):

I'm curioius if you battled sims off of these recruits or were they undecideds you turned green with a simple AC scout.  The reason I ask, is that if they were just undecideds that you turned green with an AC scout, which is pretty common at the lower levels, it really doesn't take an all-out assault to flip them.  If you battled sims off them to turn them, thus having 4 or 5K, invested, and he still flipped them, then he obviously spent some coin to do so.  I'm just curious about who had what invested.

Some of them I turn green like that, but the ones I really want to try and sign I'll go ahead and toss a CV at them to try and secure the commitment. The ones that I turn green with a AC Scout and I do nothing more with are what I usually classify as O.K. for backups and I leave them like that just in case some of the better recruits don't work out. 2 of the WR, 1 RB, 1 OL , 1 DB required me to knock sims off them before I had them green. 1 DL too but Rensselaer Tech got on that one and hes yellow still, however I don't view that one as anything outside the ordinary recruiting.

The other team--Greenville-- every recruit I had green he was on. I decided to cut some losses on this and went after some undecided last night and now this morning I checked and a receiver I went and turned green after the initial attack is now green for him, so he is still targeting my recruits. He has 12 open scholarships and last I check he signed 10, with the signings today he has 9 WR on his roster and 4 of mine targeted.  That's 4 WR now with 1 of them yellow, 1 RB, 1 OL, 3 DB's. The DB's I went and got 4 of them after the first attack and he got 2 of them again as I managed to sign 2 of them. Out of all of those recruits not one of them has he actually signed.

Having only 12 open scholarships, I don't know how he has this much coin because I learned the hard way that I couldn't play this game the way I did years ago and save up a warchest and then go to battle. I saved 30 grand the first season I came back (2.0 team) and was left with 6 so i know you don't get to keep much of it anymore. I do have a non conference game against this B game 4 of this season so we'll see who the last MF left standing is then. I won't forget this entire experience and what comes around goes around.

6/9/2013 6:35 PM
If you had simply sitemailed me I would have been happy to tell you exactly how and why I targeted your players.  
6/9/2013 7:12 PM
Posted by verbal_kint on 6/9/2013 6:35:00 PM (view original):
If you had simply sitemailed me I would have been happy to tell you exactly how and why I targeted your players.  
You mean like I did on Friday?
6/9/2013 7:20 PM
Your sitemail was confrontational and didn't deserve a full response.
6/9/2013 7:30 PM
So... we go from if only I had sent you a site mail to now saying it was confrontational. Which is it? I sent this entire matter into WIS already so I will let them decide, if they do anything, if they classify this as going beyond the normal realms of GD play.
6/9/2013 7:37 PM
PEOPLE : This is a BETA for Pete's sakes.  The purpose of this is to TEST the game engine.   Whoopie do, you won a NC in a test version of the game.  Great for you.  Oh my, someone "stole" my recruits!  Oh my, someone is being mean to me!   Oh my, someone is an a-hole.

Get over yourselves.  The point of this is to try and make the game better, not play out your petty little ****-fights.
6/9/2013 10:56 PM
Posted by secret_agent on 6/9/2013 7:30:00 PM (view original):
So... we go from if only I had sent you a site mail to now saying it was confrontational. Which is it? I sent this entire matter into WIS already so I will let them decide, if they do anything, if they classify this as going beyond the normal realms of GD play.
If you weren't so bent out of shape, you could have used this as a learning experience and I would have been happy to share everything.
6/9/2013 10:59 PM
While I agree with Bob, part of testing the game does come down to acquiring the best available players, so it's not like recruiting is unimportant here...  However, secret_agent, you need to learn the fine art of teaching a lesson.  I keep a running list of punks taped to my computer... anyone who's messed with me before the signing period, cherry picking greens, etc...  Anything beyond normal recruiting battles...  I have a list of several and how many schollies they have open each season... for instance, your guy will only have 3 schollies available 3 seasons from now... that's the perfect time to jump on his most highly coveted players on the signing cycle... dump a bunch of cash and make him go to the junk pile.  Anyone who's ever messed with me has only done it once, as I've ruined a recruiting season for them at some point as payback.
6/11/2013 3:06 PM
Posted by mannowar on 6/9/2013 10:59:00 PM (view original):
While I agree with Bob, part of testing the game does come down to acquiring the best available players, so it's not like recruiting is unimportant here...  However, secret_agent, you need to learn the fine art of teaching a lesson.  I keep a running list of punks taped to my computer... anyone who's messed with me before the signing period, cherry picking greens, etc...  Anything beyond normal recruiting battles...  I have a list of several and how many schollies they have open each season... for instance, your guy will only have 3 schollies available 3 seasons from now... that's the perfect time to jump on his most highly coveted players on the signing cycle... dump a bunch of cash and make him go to the junk pile.  Anyone who's ever messed with me has only done it once, as I've ruined a recruiting season for them at some point as payback.

lol

6/12/2013 9:33 PM
Posted by verbal_kint on 6/9/2013 6:35:00 PM (view original):
VK!

my kid and i were top 2 in DIII craven

i taught him everything he knows

then i threw the final to boost his self esteem

father of the year, i know

of 2
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Thoughts on my season 3 of beta

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.