PASS 90 43* 76 61 55 72 34(u)
WE 60 72 81 62 99 48 50
STA 84 80 90 89* 73 87 84
DUR 35 61 56 35 69 60(u) 69(u)
FT% 81% 70% 77% 77% 70% 77% 70%
POS/RNK
SG #67 C #111 PG #76 SG #79 PF SF SF
OVR 680** 729* 690* 696**** 766**** 742*** 733***
LEGEND: * indicates high-high potential with final value given at min 28pt gain. (u) indicates unknown high potential. Number of * shown in OVR indicates how many high-high potentials player has which will likely raise that final OVR.

6/22/2013 4:19 AM (edited)
Columbia University Lions

Season 61 Outlook:

Coach: dacj501 (call me Dac or DAC if you please)
Offense: Triangle
Defense: Man-to-Man

Projected Starting Lineup
Point Guard: Cornelius Cuadrado FR (25 ppg, 6.5 apg Upper Room Christian HS, Dix Hills, NY #111 PG, 6'0", 176#, Major: Latin American and Caribbean Studies)
Shooting Guard: Charles Elder SO (Juco, La Harpe HS, La Harpe, IL SG, 6'0", 179#, Major: Film Studies)
Small Forward: Christopher Sobers FR (36.1 ppg 44.7% 3FG Archbishop John Carroll HS, Radnor, PA SF, 6'5", 210#, Major: Portuguese)
Power Forward: Dan Phillips FR (13.5 ppg, 4.4 rpg Leon M. Goldstein HS, Brooklyn, NY #79 PF, 6'6", 206#, Major: Jewish Studies)
Center: Randall Kawamura FR (30.2 ppg, 9.7 rpg Coyle & Cassidy HS, Taunton, MA #67 C, 7'0", 252#, Major: Dance)

The Lions welcome a new head coach for season 61, and his staff will be instituting both new offense and defense as the team transitions into triangle and man-to-man. After parting ways with a pair of players better suited to ply their craft at lower division environments (and yet both were signed by mediocre sim D1 schools...) the Lions welcomed 7 new cubs to the den. The future Lion King is forward Dan Phillips, ungraciously squirreled away from Fordham just before the poor lad consigned his life to the misery of being a Ram... 

This season the Lions will be lucky to win more than 5 games. The goal is NT in 4. We'll see if we get there...

6/24/2013 3:24 AM (edited)
Fordham Rams
(Season 61 Preview)

Coach: Chapelhillne
Offense: Motion
Defense: Press NEW (Formerly Zone)

Last 4 Years:
22-9     11-5     (PI Elite 8)
16-12     7-9
6-22        3-13
3-24        2-14

Starting 5:
PG - Willie Cummins - SR - 6'4" - Newtown Square, PA
SG - Michael Hamel - SR - 6'6" - Worcester, MA
SF - Willie Sommers - SR - 6'5" - Bronx , NY
PF - Edmond Busby - SO - 6'11" - New Rochelle, NY
C - Chad Reagan - JR - 6'10" - Brooklyn, NY

Reserves Returning:
PG - Stephen Davis - SR - 6'3" Reading, PA
PF - Salvatore Esposito - RS FR - 6'7" - Benedetto, IT

New Additions:
PG: #56 - Kendall Price - 5'10"  - Brooklyn, NY
PG - #108 - James Jaco - 5'10" - Sidney, NY
SG - #46 - Barney Morgan - 6'4" - Jay, ME
SG - #117 - Jake Leech - 5'9" - Washington DC  (Currently discussing the possibility of a redshirt season)
SF - #80 - Dale Mireles - 6'4" - Georgetown KY, (Via Westchester Comm. College, Valhalla, NY) - Sophomore

Season 61 Team Outlook:
After  taking a major step forward, the Fordham program is expected to take a slight step back, due to the graduation of five players, including four starters. In addition to the five new players, redshirt freshman Salvatore Esposito will also be new to the lineup this year, making six players with no Ivy League game experience. The coaching staff made a decision at the end of last season to transform Fordham into a fast, aggressive pressing team, so the transition from zone to press will also hurt the Rams chances of being a top tier team in the conference. It will also cause the younger players to be on the court for a longer period because of the stamina demands of the press.

On the bright side, four of the five new recruits are experienced in running the press, so they should be able to contribute right away. Three of the returning players also played the press in high school, so the staff is hoping that this minimal experience will enable the team to have a smooth transition to the press. Senior PG Wille Cummins is expected to be the rock of the team, and will likely exceed his 15.8 PPG average from last year. Currently 5th on the all-time Fordham scoring leader board, he will easily go on to be the most prolific scoring machine in the history of the Fordham program, probably by the time that conference play begins. He has started every game for his first 3 years at Fordham.

The recruits that are coming into the program this year are the best yet, according to coach chapelhillne. By the time they graduate, Fordham hopes to be a team that is a regular in the NT.

SEASON 61 MID-SEASON REPORT:
The Rams are off to a 4-6 start this year. The year has had its stellar moments that show promise for this young team though, including road wins at Boston College,  Mississippi State, and Oregon. With the exception of the opening game against James Madison, the Rams have looked good in general. As they continue to learn the press, they should become more and more competitive each game. The 22 point overall team improvement is the best in the Ivy League. The staff is still hoping for a winning record this year,but with a 227 RPI, it looks like the only shot at the post season will be if the team can win the CT, which may be tough given the team's youth.

SEASON 61 RECAP: Things certainly turned around in conference play, especially near the end for the Rams, as they won their final 6 Regular Season games to finish tied for second in the Division with an 11-5 conference record. These included tough road wins at Princeton and Duquesne. Fordham received a bye in the first round of the CT, and defeated Duquesne in round 2. The seven game streak propelled the projection for the team down to 98, within striking distance of the PIT, but just two wins away from winning the first NT in school history. However, in the CT semi-finals the team could not stop a strong Brown squad that shot 51% from 3 point land, and the season ended.

After his redshirt season, Willie Cummins started every game all four years, and became the all-time leading scorer in Fordham history.

All in all, the team achieved its goals of a winning season, and a winning Conference record, but fell just short of making the post season.

Season 61 Goals:
Realistically, this team will probably not win their division this year. However the staff has set a goal of a winning season, a winning conference record,  and at least a PIT appearance. Fordham plays seven Big 6 teams in non-conference, and hopes to win at least four of those games.

7/12/2013 8:17 AM (edited)
Duquesne Dukes (Season 61 Preview)     

Coach: skinzfan36
Defense: Man

Returning Players:
Sr. PG - Rene Greco (has two years left)
Sr. PG - Robert Tabarez (stud)
Jr. SG - Larry Scott (the other returning "star"ter)
Jr. SF - Michael Gabbard (possible starter)
RS Fr. SF - William Chidester (may start to maximize his rediculous growth potential)
Sr. PF - Theo Demers (may start, however it is likely he comes of bench so I can help my young guys develop faster)

NEW DUKES:

Jr. PG - Kenneth Brissette: Covington, Ga via Garrett College in MD
1-star Fr. SG - David Williams: Saginaw, MI (academically ineligible) WENT JUCO
So. SG - Trevor Tran: Ashtabula, OH via Penn State
Fr. PF - Earl Moore: Upper Marlboro, MD
3-star Fr. PF - Raymond Eaddy: Canal Fulton, OH
3-star Fr. PF - Calvin Baine: Montreal, Canada

Kenneth Brissette: solid player. Had to take a JUCO with already a RS freshman on the roster and 6 open spots. Will be solid at guard of the bench. Next year as a senior will probably start since Tabarez will have graduated. Extremely cheap as well. (High categories unknown)
  Current
Rating
Potential     Current
Rating
Potential
Athleticism 51 Low   Perimeter 74 Low
Speed 81 Low   Ball Handling 75 Average
Rebounding 7 Low   Passing 60 High
Defense 53 High   Stamina 74 High
Shot Blocking 1 Low   Durability 23 Low
Low-post 12 High   FT Shooting   Low

David Williams (DID NOT SHOW UP, WENT JUCO):
this 1-star out of Michigan was not one of our higher priorities at the beginning of recruiting. One problem was his academics so the coaches only had him rate "low" priority. However, as the recruiting scene unfolded skinzfan36 sent an assistant to go scout the player to gauge where his high potentials were. To the delight of the coaches they view him to have high-high potential in all 3 categories he is high in. The coaches are hoping that the extra visits they showed him will sway him to show up on campus rather than taking the JUCO route. If he does decide to come it is still unknown just how good of a player he will be. He for sure looks like a solid player, but depending on where those high-highs are and his average categories will be the difference between good and potential greatness. Would likely see significant playing time (possibly starting) by his second year. 
  Current
Rating
Potential     Current
Rating
Potential
Athleticism 56 High   Perimeter 44 High
Speed 71 Average   Ball Handling 65 Average
Rebounding 11 Average   Passing 67 Average
Defense 54 High   Stamina 82 Average
Shot Blocking 11 Low   Durability 56 Low
Low-post 32 Low   FT Shooting   Average

Trevor Tran:
Tran didn't arrive on our radar until the morning of signings because he was currently sitting pretty at Penn State. However, after a dispute with head coach iwanturmind Tran was dismissed from the team and subsequently was seeking to transfer. Seeing that no one was going after Tran skinzfan personally went and took a look at Tran at an open workout in his hometown of Ashtabula, OH. After evaluating the following potential was determined: average athleticism, low lp, low passing, high stamina, average D, low sb, high-high speed, average bh, low per. FT shooting and rebounding remain unknown. This surprised coach skinzfan, who was somewhat confused as to why Penn St., having 7 open scholarships to begin with decided to cut Tran. However, this will only benefit the Dukes. The biggest surprise of the day came when Tran revealed to coach that he still had 4 years of eligibility remaining, despite being listed as a Sophomore. With his low WE Tran will need early PT to develop, but will likely get that chance on a team in rebuild mode. Should be pretty darn good in his final two years. Coach sees him in a tweener role, either playing SG or SF (definitely SF atm) depending on need (rebound potential will also play a factor). Signed for a measly $784 on 4 scouting visits and a scholly...who knew!

Earl Moore: Identified as a high-impact player, despite not being highly touted, the Dukes went after Moore hard in the first cycle. Much to skinzfan's chagrin two other teams realized the capabilities of Moore and were also being considered for his services after the initial cycle. One such team was Big East power Pittsburgh, who had a slight prestige advantage. The other was a conference mate (cannot remember who), who after the 2nd cycle had been knocked off Moore's list. The Dukes were eventually able to knock off Pitt, but coach was worried that Pitt may make another run for Moore as it got closer to signings, so additional effort was put on Moore. The Pitt charge never came though and the staff rejoiced when the 8:00 PM National Signing Day came and Moore declared he would be spending the next 4 years at Duquesne! High-high in LP and high in REB. Other highs were not determined. Even without knowing that, the coaches believe Earl "White Mamba" Moore has STUD written all over him. He could be the cornerstone of this class when all is said and done.
  Current
Rating
Potential     Current
Rating
Potential
Athleticism 72 High   Perimeter 11 Average
Speed 30 Average   Ball Handling 30 Low
Rebounding 52 High   Passing 15 Low
Defense 68 High   Stamina 77 Average
Shot Blocking 29 High   Durability 89 Average
Low-post 69 High   FT Shooting   Average

Raymond Eaddy:  Raymond "Who's Your Daddy" Eaddy was another high priority target for the staff. It took us awhile to convince him that Duquesne was the right place but he wasn't receiving much love from the bigger schools so he decided playing for an up-and-coming mid-major would be a wise decision. This 3-star out of Ohio has great potential. The big man is high in athleticism and speed, and high-high in LP and D. Has the makings of a dominant player on both ends of the court. Will likely see early playing time in his career, may even start some as a freshman.
  Current
Rating
Potential     Current
Rating
Potential
Athleticism 49 High   Perimeter 40 Low
Speed 36 High   Ball Handling 34 Average
Rebounding 65 Average   Passing 19 Low
Defense 67 High   Stamina 72 Average
Shot Blocking 48 Average   Durability 36 High
Low-post 54 High   FT Shooting   Low

Calvin Baine: When we first met Baine the first thing he told us was that he was not in The Dark Knight Rises, but is interested in pursuing acting once his basketball career is over. Well folks, it may be awhile before this guy is hitting the big screen, as his basketball future looks quite promising. He also told the staff he believed we were not one of his top candidates but that he would keep us in mind. With 6 guys considering Duquesne it didn't look like Baine would end up on the team. However, the coaches were not extremely pleased in their evaluations of Ruben Ray. He looked like a good player, but he seemed to lack desire on the defensive side of the ball, so he was informed that his scholarship was not-commitable for the time being. With lots of resources left the staff put the full court press on Baine, who was considering B prestige Morgan St. The staff sensed weakness here though, as Morgan St. featured only 3 open spots and was in a battle with NC State for another top player. However, it would not be easy getting on Baine's list. Skinzfan was relieved when the Dukes finally showed up just as commitments started rolling in. It would take another day but Baine finally decided we were the perfect fit for his development. This canadien aspiring actor has awesome potential. The only disappointment was finding out his LP ability in all likelihood is tapped out. Still, at about 70 this didn't worry the staff too much, especially after finding out his other potential. He is high-high in D, ball handling, rebounding, and perimeter; high in speed and stamina; average in shot blocking and free throw. Low in LP, athleticism, and passing. Also in line to see early PT. Ended up being pretty costly, but no point in sitting on the cash when the possibility to sign this guy was still there.

Overall Class Analysis: Not to go crazy, but I think this could quite possibly be the best class of recruits I have ever had in my HD career. Definitely at the DI level. None of these guys will likely be my best player ever (you will be missed on Ohio Albert Corr, good luck in the NBA!), but as a whole this is one of the most exciting classes ever. They may not match my one class of 6 I had at DII St. Martin's, who led me to back-to-back National Championship appearances (both losses unfortunately), but certainly come close. Obviously, I don't think they will be leading us to National Championships, but the future is bright with this group ;) David Williams showing up will either make this the Super 6 or Fab Five. The coaches would prefer it is the former moniker. Regardless, the trio of Moore, Eaddy, and Baine should prove deadly in a couple of years and has many conference coaches having nightmares already. All 3 guys should be lockdown defenders and it is quite possibly, actual highly likely that all 3 will be starters. Watch out IVY League :)

Team Outlook:
Certainly won't be like last season, but there is still promise with this squad. Tabarez and Scott lead a backcourt as good as any, and will be relied upon heavily. The trouble could be down low, as only 1 true big man returns in Theo Demers, who never has seen a ton of PT. Our young bigs will be relied upon to develop fast, and 1 or 2 may even start. This is somewhat a rebuilding year, so the staff scheduled a somewhat easier than normal non-conference schedule (or so they hope).

Goals:
Hoping for at least a .500 season. Conference play will be tough and many teams will want revenge after last season. Non-conference success will be critical in determining if postseason play is possible for Duquesne this season. Should be pretty competitive by late in the season once the new recruits have developed some.

6/24/2013 2:17 AM (edited)
Yale
Coach: psuarva
Offense: Triangle
Defense: Man

Team Outlook:  
The outlook isn't great.  The incoming class will add some needed defensive skill.  This year's team could struggle.

6/22/2013 7:15 PM
Being this is a group of highly talented coaches, and ones I respect I would appreciate your guys opinion. I have some ideas myself but was wondering out of the potential players in this class I could redshirt, who would you do if you had a choice (I don't know who, if any, will be willing to accept it)?

I most likely can't RS Brissette as JUCO's are usually not down with that and I don't even think it would really make sense to RS him. Williams, if he shows, obviously isn't an option since he is an ineligible and there is no point in a RS. Tran, is in the same situation. So unless Brissette magically took it, it is basically down to the trio of big men. It would probably be good if you checked out my recruiting analysis to get a feel for all the levels of their potential (I know it is lenghty so obviously no obligation to do so lol). Obviously for Moore 2 of his highs are unknown but alot can still be seen about him. Any feedback would be really appreciated as I still love learning more about this game and what other strategies coaches use, especially the talent of the coaches at this level. Feel free to reply with reasoning as well. Thanks a lot guys!

Votes: 9
(Last vote received: 7/16/2013 12:33 AM)
6/22/2013 10:58 PM
I would go with Eady since right now he has the lowest Ath, and he could use another year to get his starting Ath up. I kind of doubt that Baine would take a redshirt because you probably spent a lot on him, and I think that if a player is heavily recruited this makes him less likely to take a redshirt. Nice class for you this year!
6/23/2013 12:05 AM
Brown Bears
Coach: ixolabrat
Defense: Zone

Starting Five
PG: Yong Shih (Jr)
SG: Jonathon York (Sr/5)
SF: Carl Taylor (Sr)
PF: Gerald Evanoff (Fr)
PF: Anthony Coniglio (Jr)

Key Bench
SG: Floyd Thomas (Sr/+1)
SG: William Schindler (Jr)
SF: Dikembe Africa (So)
PF: Charles Draper (RS/Fr)

Recruits/Key Additions
PF: Charles Draper – RS/Freshman
PF: Anthony Roberson – Recruit academic ineligible
PF: Gerald Evanoff - Recruit

Team Outlook
Led by Ivy POY candidate Carl Taylor, Brown University looks to rebound from a disappointing season in which no post-season berth materialized. The team played well at home, but failed to play with the same intensity on the road. A demanding off-season program has the Bears looking towards a division crown as well as challenging for the Conference Tourney Title as well. Returning four starters, Yong Shih will again lead the charge from the point. Shih has turned into quite a point guard with blazing speed and uncanny ball handling and passing skills. York, Thomas and Schindler all posses outstanding 3-Point shooting ability and will help keep opposing defenses from collapsing on the front-court, while allowing Shih to penetrate the lane easier. Taylor will again create matchup problems for most opponents, but he will do so from his natural SF position after playing down low the last few seasons. Coniglio will lead a young but talented frontcourt with redshirt frosh Charles Draper joining the active squad and Dikembe Africa providing valuable minutes off the bench. 3-Star recruit Gerald Evanoff (29/111) will start at the other PF position. Academic Ineligible Anthony Roberson could be a future beast down low for the Bears if he decides to show up on campus. Boosters are seeing what type of low income housing assistance Anthony's grandmother needs, and how much commissary money his father in jail is allowed to have on his cell account.

Defensively the two major challenges from last season, rebounding and pure defense have been addressed slightly. The team should be a little better in both categories, which should translate to a couple more wins. Offensively the squad will play a normal tempo instead of its usual slowdown, and in some instances try to take advantage of its depth with some uptempo sets. With at least three players on the court with 86+ PER at all times, Brown will be looking to stretch defenses and attack at all times.

Recruits
Pos
Player
ATH
SP
REB
DEF
BLK
LP
PER
BH
P
WE
ST
DUR
Overall
Projected
 PF
Gerald Evanoff
820+
 PF
Anthony Roberson
810+

Recruit Gerald Evanoff will be a solid front court player who should be one heck of a rebounder. Recruit Anthony Roberson  could be a special player. Possessing outstanding work ethic and high-high potential in all but two of his high categories, Anthony could rival some of Coach ixo's best recruits. Fingers are crossed for a couple of 40+ growth attributes....if he shows up!

Season Goals
Coach ixo feels this is one of his better squads. A competitive non-conference season that includes 5 BCS team will test the squad, but a 6-4 record is the goal. 12-4 and an East Division crown are the conference goals. Two wins in the conference tournament should get Brown to the 20-win mark. While defending home court is key, finding a way to win road games will decide how far this squad will go towards any type of postseason berth. No postseason berth will be considered a monumental failure of a season, and the boosters will definitely start grumbling.

Season Recap

NOTE: Academic Ineligible Anthony Roberson did not show up on campus, choosing instead to play JUCO ball in Oklahoma. 

After the disappointment of Anthony Roberson not showing up, the squad focused on the non-conference opener which saw ranked Virginia Tech come to town. Brown squeezed out an OT win over the Hokies and proceeded to get through the non-conference slate with a 7-3 record. Losses to ranked B1G foes Iowa and Illinois at home were good measuring sticks for the squad.

The IVY League slate proved to be quite challenging! Home wins were tough and road wins even harder to come by. The squad stubbed its toes in a few close losses but seemed to right itself down the stretch. Still, finishing 4th in the East was a surprise but the 10-6 record was pretty close to expectations.

The squad played strong in the Conference Tournament falling in the final against a solid Boston University, which captured the programs first ever conference title.

In the PIT, Brown was seeded 4th; and was able to defeat Florida State and UNC Greensboro before falling to Arizona St in the regional final. The squad finished with a 22-11 record and should receive a prestige boost to C+.

IVY League Player of the Year Carl Taylor was honored with 1st Team All American honors, and the squad had plenty of recognition within the conference too; with Anthony Coniglio and Dikembe Africa earning 2nd and 3rd team honors respectively. Yong Shih and Gerald Evanoff received honorable mention honors too.

The squad will return four starters in PG Yong Shih, SG  Floyd Thomas, PF Gerald Evanoff & PF Anthony Coniglio ... so a run at another Ivy League Crown will take place. The squad will be facing a slightly easier non-conference schedule and a PIT Berth at a minimum will be the goal. Coach ixo needs to find the future replacement for Yong Shih in the offseason, so recruiting a PG is our one and only priority!

7/15/2013 6:40 PM (edited)
Posted by chapelhillne on 6/23/2013 12:05:00 AM (view original):
I would go with Eady since right now he has the lowest Ath, and he could use another year to get his starting Ath up. I kind of doubt that Baine would take a redshirt because you probably spent a lot on him, and I think that if a player is heavily recruited this makes him less likely to take a redshirt. Nice class for you this year!
I agree that's a nice class. I am not sure that recruiting effort has a factor in a player accepting a redshirt though.

I would go with Moore as he has the lowest WE and is most likely to need the additional season to reach full potential, plus the extra year will give him a leg up in IQ development and I believe he is the overall stud of the class come senior (or RS junior in this case) season....

ETA: from a review of the last developer chat I am pretty convinced that amount of effort spent during recruiting does not play a factor in redshirt acceptance...
6/23/2013 11:41 AM (edited)
Thanks for the info. I didn't think recruiting effort did either. I have been debating between Eaddy and Moore, with a slight lean towards Moore because of exactly what you mentioned dac. Thanks everyone. Now I will just have to see who is willing to take the RS.
6/23/2013 12:29 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 6/23/2013 11:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by chapelhillne on 6/23/2013 12:05:00 AM (view original):
I agree that's a nice class. I am not sure that recruiting effort has a factor in a player accepting a redshirt though.

I would go with Moore as he has the lowest WE and is most likely to need the additional season to reach full potential, plus the extra year will give him a leg up in IQ development and I believe he is the overall stud of the class come senior (or RS junior in this case) season....

ETA: from a review of the last developer chat I am pretty convinced that amount of effort spent during recruiting does not play a factor in redshirt acceptance...
I would agree that recruiting effort does not impact accepting a RS ... however overall score and the basic WIS role scores do impact a player accepting a RS.  If a FR recruit thinks he is the "worst" player at his position, he will likely accept the RS ... if he thinks he is better than another FR by a significant margin then he likely will not.

JUCO likely will not accept either. (most non-freshman JUCOs balk unless you informed during recruitment).

Within those parameters, I think Baine will refuse the RS and that Eaddy or Moore would be more likely to accept.  The way I rate PF/C, Moore and Eaddy are almost identical in rating ... and Moore as a low WE, so I would likely pick him if he takes it with no WE drop ... but I would take Eaddy if he accepts and Moore does not.

6/24/2013 6:25 AM
Cornell "The Big Red"  (Season 61 Preview)

Coach:  hughesjr
Offense:  Triangle
Defense:  Zone

Starters:
PG:  James Robinson (So.)
SG:  Aaron Surette (So.)
SF:  Billy Ricketts (Sr.)
PF:  Daniel Harney (So.)
C:    Dennis Huber (Sr.)

Bench:
Ralph Wood (Jr.)  PG/SG/SF
Gordon Liao (Jr.) PG/SG/SF
Arthur Espey (Fr.) PG/SG
Jackie Slaughter (Jr.) SF/PF/C
Fred Swiney (RS Fr.) PF/C
Justin Sawyer (Fr.) PF/C

Red Shirt:
Richard James (Fr.) PF/C

Note:  Still deciding between Justin Sawyer and Richard James on who will Red Shirt and who will play as a Freshman.  James plays great defense and Sawyer is better on offense.  For now, the RS goes to James with a 22 for WE ... but that is still a tossup as coach hughesjr really likes defense and James does that very well.  Time will tell.

Outlook:
This year's Big Red team is much better defensively and athletically than last years team, and the Non-Conference schedule is a bit lighter as well.  Given those two things, this team may win a couple more games than last season.  It is also the first season where all five starters are recruited by the team's current coach, hughesjr. 

Coach hughesjr is in his second season at the helm of Cornell, and in order to start, you have to play defense. That means there will be 3 upperclassmen (Juniors: Wood, Liao, Slaughter) coming off the bench.  All 3 would be starters with just a little more effort on defense, but it is what it is at this point.

The goal for the team is 7 Non-Conference and 9 In-Conference wins, for an overall record of 16-10 and at least 2 Wins in the Season 61 Conference Tournament.

That might also get the "Big Red" into the PIT, but the SOS will likely be a bit to high for that in Season 61.

Coach hughesjr's overall goal of bringing in a different caliber player athletically and on defense is still in place.  He expects "The Red" to be very average in seasons 61 and 62, but intends to compete for a Ivy League Conference Championship in season 63 and beyond.

6/24/2013 6:58 AM
Boston University Season Recap

BU was coming off of a 11-18 record and the season hopes were not high. The team only had 1 SR coming back and the coaching staff would have been pleased with an 8-8 conference record. The NT wasn't even a thought and honestly the PIT wasn't either as BU has only been to the PIT once in 6 seasons under the current coaching staff.

The non-conference schedule was unfriendly to BU with a 3-7 record. BU lost two OT losses so the best case could have been 5-5 in non-conference. This includes losses to 237 RPI Wisconsin Milwaukee, 129 RPI VMI and 96 RPI Appalachian State.

Highlights:
- BU was 14-2 in conference and was able to top Bucknell, Harvard and Brown on their way to their first ever CT win in school history.

- Edward Provencal won freshman of the year in both the IVY and the entire NCAA. Provencal scored 10.3 PPG on 53% shooting while grabbing 6.9 rebounds and blocking 1.1 shots per game. His signature game came against conference foe Brown in a 105-102 4 OT win. Provencal played 49 minutes, scored 31 points on 11/20 shooting and 9/10 from the FT line. He also grabbed 5 offensive boards and 9 in total. This win was the turning point for the BU squad and Provencal was the driving force.

Next season the squad hopes that sophomore Alex Waller will be able to improve on his 10.3 PPG and 42% shooting. Robert Spencer comes back from his year of ineligibility and Stuart Daniels is coming off his RS year. Daniels will be a minimal contributor next season. Based on this years NT run, next season the squad is also looking at making an NT run.

7/15/2013 10:43 PM
Boston University Season 62 Preview

The excitement is growing in Boston as the Terriers are coming off their first NT appearance in 52 seasons! The team surprised many as they were led by Freshman of the Year Edward Provencal.

Starters:
C: Brian Porter SR (#87 recruit out of North Carolina) Returning starter - 7.2 PPG, 54% FG, 7.6 rebounds, 1.5 blk per game last season.
PF: Edward Provencal SO (#30 recruit out of Rhode Island) Returning starter - 10.3 PPG, 53% FG, 6.9 rebounds, 1.1 blk per game last season.   
SF: Alex Waller JR (#82 recruit out of Vermont) Returning starter - 10.3 PPG, 4 rebounds in 31 MPG last season.
SG: Joseph Campbell SO (#136 recruit out of New Hampshire) New starter - 1.1 assists per game in 19 MPG last season.
PG: Edward Wingo SR (#33 recruit out of Virginia) Returning starter -12.1 PPG, 4.8 assists/1.2 TO per game last season.

New Additions:
Although BU didn't add anyone through recruiting they do have two new additions to the roster this season.

SF Robert Specer - He was ineligible last fall but was the #72 recruit out of Rhode Island the previous year. Spencer has a lot of room to grow and he should be able to provide some relief to Alex Waller who averaged over 31 minutes per game last season.

SG Stuart Daniels - The coaching staff took a flyer on Daniels, he wasn't extremely well known (#159 recruit in NY). The coaching staff is hoping that he will be able to contribute now that he has had a season to work on his game. The RS freshman will serve as backup at the SG position and still has room to grow. 

Season Expectations:
The Terriers are hoping to build on their success last season but understand it is unlikely they will repeat the 14-2 in conference record from last season. The team only lost 1 SR and the goal is to go 13-3 in conference and 7-3 out of conference for a record of 20-6 heading into the CT. Anything less than an NT appearance will be a step back for BU.

7/23/2013 8:46 AM

Fordham Rams - Season 62

Coach: Chapelhillne
Defense: Full Court Press

Last 5 Years:
16-12     11-5
22-9     11-5   (PI - Elite 8)
16-12     7-9
6-22     3-13
3-24     2-14

Starting 5:
PG: Kendall Price - SO - 5'11"  - Brooklyn, NY
SG: Barney Morgan - SO - 6'4" - Jay, ME
SF: Dave Mireles - JR - 6'4" - Georgetown, KY
PF - Chad Reagan - SR* - 6'10" - Brooklyn, NY
C - Salvatore Esposito - SO* - 6'7" - Benedetto, Italy

Reserves Returning:
PG: James Jaco - SO - 5'11" - Sidney, NY
SG: Jake Leech - FR* - 5'9" - Washington, DC
PF: Edmond Busby - JR - 6'11" - New Rochelle, NY

New Additions:
SG: John Korth (#32) - 6'3" - Pine Bush, NY
SG: Richard Perkins (#109) - New Britain, CT
SF: Ricky Wiggins (#48) - Reading, PA
SF: Dennis Riendeau (#86) - Parish, NY

Season 62 Pre-Season Team Outlook:
The Fordham Rams will field a very young team this year with only one senior (Chad Reagan), and two juniors, one of whom joined the team last year as a sophomore. In addition the team will no longer have the services of their all time leading scorer William Busby, who graduated after starting all four years at point guard. Sophomorews Kendall Price and James Jaco will share the duties at the point this year. Price, in particular, looks like he will be able to lead the team effectively although there will definitely be bumps in the road as the team improves as a group.

Despite the youth, the team is becoming one of the faster and more athletic teams in the conference, and the high pressure defense combined with the speed is expected to cause some opponents to turn the ball over. 

The non-conference schedule is a bit easier than in years past, but is still tough enough to generate a good RPI if the team can run off at least 8 victories in non-conference. However, the conference is even tougher this year, and it will be difficult for a young team like the Rams to challenge for the championship, though it is not out of the question. It should be an exciting season.

The team had another very solid class of recruits, led by #32 ranked John Korth, a sharp-shooting SG from Pine Bush High School in New York. Freshman SF Dustin Riendeau from Parish, NY should get near 80 in Rebounding, and in the 70s in speed and Athleticism, so when he plays at PF or C, he will be difficult for the slower big men to handle.

Fordham should be a very strong team in a year or two as the newer players gain maturity.

Season 62 Goals:
It's hard to decide on goals for this team, because if they improve quickly and keep errors to a minimum, they could be quite good. But, this may be wishful thinking. The staff hopes to go at least 7-3 in non-conference, and have a winning record in conference play and overall. A post season bid is possible, but the coaching staff gives this about a 30% chance.

Season 62 Mid-Season Report:
The Rams have had a pleasantly successful season so far with an 8-4 record and an RPI of 70, and are currently projected at #67. In non-conference play, the team started with a 7-3 record against a fairly tough schedule highlighted by a win against South Carolina. Junior Dave Mireles is the team's leading scorer with a 10.5 average. His overall rating has improved to 795 as he has improved by 31 points in the 14 games, so he could end up in the mid 800s at least.

The team has improved by an amazing 27 points in just 12 games, led by redshirt freshman Jake Leech who has improved by 36 points already to raise his overall rating to 660. He may finish his freshman season at 700 or more.  The team is ranked tied for second in the Ivy League with a 66 Athleticism rating, and is the third fastest team in the Ivy with a rating of 60. They are also 3rd in defense at 70. They are also the third best perimeter team at 52.

With only 3 upperclassmen, the team is looking like it will be a top team for the future. A post season appearance is looking very possible now, instead of the 30% chance that was given at the start of the season by the staff. Because of youth, the team is averaging 15 turnovers a game, while creating over 17. The team leads the league with 23 fouls per game, so as they improve defensively these stats should improve, making the team much more difficult to beat. If the team can pull off a few more big upsets against the top teams in the conference, and can avoid losing games to the lower tier teams, there is a good chance that they will make the National Tournament.

Season 62 Wrap Up: Despite being in a great position at the mid season mark, the Rams stumbled a bit to the point that the RPI was 101 with just 3 games left. But wins against Duquesne at home and on the road at Cornell allowed the team to finish the regular season with an 89 RPI. The highlight of the second half was a 30 point blowout win at home against an always tough Princeton team. With a 15-11 record, and an 8-8 conference mark, it came down to how the young team would perform in the CT.  A first round CT win over Yale left them facing an extremely tough Bucknell team, but the Rams prevailed 92-84, which insured their place in the PI, in spite of losing in the CT semifinals to Princeton by a score of 82-75. In round 1 of the PI, Fordham had an impressive 77-65 victory over UNLV and advanced to a second round matchup against Notre Dame. Notre Dame led by 32-27 at halftime, but an inspirational speech by coach chapelhillne fired up the team and they opened the second half with an 11-2 run.  The game was back and forth to the end, with Notre Dame tying it up at 66 with 5 seconds left on the clock, but Dave Mireles hist a clutch floater from the free throw line with no time remaining on the clock to give the Rams a 68-66 win, and their second Elite 8 PI appearance in 3 years. After a 3rd Round win over Rutgers, the Rams finally fell to Illinois by a score of 60-57 in the Final 4 of the PI.

8/17/2013 12:34 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
All Things Ivy League Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.