DH $52M Draft League XL - Team Roster & Commentary Topic

Posted by logain on 5/11/2013 7:12:00 PM (view original):
Isnt lebron #1 on that list of pgs?
i know im in the minority here but i dont consider lebron a pg....ill play him there depending on who i pair him with in the backcourt but usually ill look to have most of his mins at sg......you can be successful putting him in either guard spot...hell he could play sf if you had enough oreb from the pf/c spots...i know why most wouldnt consider him anything other than a pg but i always feel i can get enough boards from the frontcourt and would rather have the ast%...i won my only odl title with him playing sg
5/12/2013 12:04 AM
I liked the Williams pick natenoy. Based on the other players left on the board you needed the assists and the 23% usage. I disagreed with the Chandler pick because his high EFG% isn't really going to help you with a high usage low EFG% player that it looks like you will end up with later on. You have gambled a lot by waiting for your #1 scoring option until the 4th round IMO.
5/12/2013 12:05 AM
Posted by coachcroft on 5/11/2013 7:02:00 PM (view original):
good i'm lying low in the weeds again just like my last team that finished second 1 game out when everyone thought I would suck
not me.....remember i loved the ** pick
5/12/2013 12:06 AM
Tang do you mean Gerryred? sp? And what's a test drive league. Sitemail me if you need
5/12/2013 12:08 AM
Posted by tanguma44 on 5/11/2013 9:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dh555 on 5/11/2013 5:33:00 PM (view original):
and 98....if 66/67 isnt the best wilt...then what season is...you can share your secret about that...no ones looking to steal that one
lol even I know that answer!! I can't believe you're asking that DH!! 98 must dying laughing in that one...
i dont think 98 knows the answer to this...and you definitely dont....the rest of us have managed to figure it out though
5/12/2013 12:09 AM
nate...that was a disappointing 3rd round pick....williams is a very good pg and absolutely a good value when you drafted him but i thought you were going after someone else who would have fit like a glove between rodman and chandler
5/12/2013 12:12 AM
katernberg really blew a chance to get the perfect sf for his team in ho grant....a grant/dirk/gilmore front line would have been great

not sure why ash isnt thrilled to have gotten him in the late 3rd....fits his team beautifully too

5/12/2013 12:19 AM
Oh I'm happy with Horace... just not thrilled with my squad.  So far, I have no real minute hogs.  Experience tells me that I am going to end up way under $52m due to the partial-season plague.  I'm also dreading drafting a point guard.
5/12/2013 12:22 AM
yea... i figured you were going for nash in the 3rd...pretty close too...you still got some nice options left though
5/12/2013 12:27 AM
at least nash didnt slip all the way to the end of the 4th again....217 3s at 49% last season...badja is gonna love him doing close to that again with defenses focused on trying to stop kareem/mcadoo
5/12/2013 12:31 AM
Dh, I might know who you are thinking of, actually at least 3 bigs and a more than a few usage guys could have really fit. But I was forced to take Deron because of what will be left for me at pg later.

Vance I hear you on the wasted Chandler efg, but its pretty hard for anyone to get too much out of it because his usage is so low, he did have like 100 more fga's than RL last time and the flexibility of strong seasons to pick from is a plus. Btw, as you know boards and D can offset a poor efg, and if you have a high usage low efg guy as your volume guy then orbs are VERY critical, and when you start with Rodman you can maximize that aspect if you try.
5/12/2013 1:15 AM
Posted by dh555 on 5/12/2013 12:27:00 AM (view original):
yea... i figured you were going for nash in the 3rd...pretty close too...you still got some nice options left though
I actually really really really wanted Terry Porter.  Oh well!
5/12/2013 2:49 AM
I'm very disappointed tar, I thought you were better than that. Your picks just baffle my mind and it is becoming more apparent that any success you have ever had, there has been a lot of luck involved. Like they say a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile. Your grip on the basement is even stronger. As much as Nate tries to be worse, you find a way to make your team even uglier. Draft Grade for Tar  F-. Draft Grade for Nate  F. We have a real battle here. LTB is in the mix as well.
5/12/2013 8:09 AM
These are some excellent evaluations here.  So insightful and perceptive
5/12/2013 8:20 AM
The block feature is proving to very useful here!
5/12/2013 8:42 AM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17...37 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League XL - Team Roster & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.