Smokey's DDL Cafe (closed for remodeling) Topic

Some may think the P. Pressey pick was too early, but look at it this way. Pressey plays 100% @ PG, SG & SF and has high def. I would have taken him later any way and I didn't pass on anyone in particular. This leaves me a great deal of flexiblity in future draft picks. Then I took T. Porter (PG) now I still have flexibilty wrt a SG or SF with future picks. In a limited player pool this stratagy is working out pretty well.
5/7/2013 10:02 AM
Damn, I was ALL about Byron Scott this round, alas two slots too late............
5/7/2013 11:50 AM
Scott was a good pick. I think owners are starting to look at their usage. Seems usage in the 80's in a bit low, on the whole.
5/7/2013 1:00 PM
NOTICE - I've seen no "nay" votes on the "trades" matter, so it looks like we should incorporate "trades" into the league. See the rules in the earlier post on page 7.
5/7/2013 9:34 PM (edited)
What page/ forum is the trade info on, smoke?
5/7/2013 1:26 PM
page 7
5/7/2013 2:44 PM
I see trades this way, say you have a high usage starter and I have a low usage starter in similar positions (forward/forward), we may be able to work a trade to balance our usage. Mostly, I think mid-level players will get traded to fine tune teams. This is what I was thinking when introduced trades into the league.
5/7/2013 11:39 PM
When do you suppose the last time Bill Laimbeer, Fat Lever & Sleepy Boy Floyd got cyberwood time was...lol This league should make SIM just plain giddy.
5/8/2013 3:05 PM
I'm IN
5/8/2013 9:15 PM
smokey the 98. pick for cj is a head stratcher.  don't think he fits.  But I'm still
wondering why I chose Reggie King over Kermit?
I will play King (99%) at SF for his rebs.  but Washington at SF (97%) probably
would have been better w/ 80 D.  Oh Well................
5/9/2013 3:59 PM
CJ originally sent me a sm saying he had work come up and wouldn't be able to pick, he take scrub's and would fix it later. I sm back saying I would pick for him, no matter what my pick was it would be better than the scrub's. Then CJ sm with proxy picks and I read it, then had a senior moment and totally forgot the 2nd sm. I assume I over extended myself. Without remembering the 2nd sm, the reason I didn't take Kermit was Kermits 11% usage. No amount of talent would cover for a team going into low usage penalty. If I had the time to load CJ's team into my board I might have seen he could afford the 11% usage, but I didn't. When I checked back on my sm's who do you think was the first choice, right Kermit. In short I let CJ down and I'm really bummed out by my failure.
5/9/2013 7:18 PM
I didn't take Kermit for myself for the same reason (11%usage), if I had I could at least trade him to CJ. But I didn't and now things are just screwed up!
5/9/2013 7:25 PM
How my teams are going Smokey!
5/9/2013 7:30 PM
Also, fellas The 2012-2013 players league is open for business!
5/9/2013 7:31 PM
and we friends stick cough, cough Smokey, Sky, Seapilots, cough cough lol
5/9/2013 7:33 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11|12 Next ▸
Smokey's DDL Cafe (closed for remodeling) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.