DDL #1 Draft List Topic

John Drew
5/16/2013 11:13 AM
Your kidding me nate, both the teams are over 24k minutes. I told sky, before the draft started, that in a limited draft I thought you needed your 19.7k by 7th round. I took a bunch of 33ish min's/g guys, with 1 or 2 38 min/g guy's. Basicly, my 5 starters and 4 sixth men. I have a large number of options wrt lineup & rotation. I'm just giddy, can't wait to play with these teams!!! One more pick and all my drafts are closed...yaaaaaaaa   Let's play some CYBERBALL
5/16/2013 11:15 AM
NOTICE - After my own picks today, it's appearent that the "Trade Forum" should open in the 9th round, instead of the 12th round as stated earlier. If anyone thinks this will disrupt their drafting please say so, if not, I will open the DDL Trades forum later today. Personally I'm not all that interested in trading, but open to reasonable offers.
5/16/2013 11:26 AM
Posted by smokey57 on 5/16/2013 11:15:00 AM (view original):
Your kidding me nate, both the teams are over 24k minutes. I told sky, before the draft started, that in a limited draft I thought you needed your 19.7k by 7th round. I took a bunch of 33ish min's/g guys, with 1 or 2 38 min/g guy's. Basicly, my 5 starters and 4 sixth men. I have a large number of options wrt lineup & rotation. I'm just giddy, can't wait to play with these teams!!! One more pick and all my drafts are closed...yaaaaaaaa   Let's play some CYBERBALL
Rodman is 1/2 a game, Pinckney his backup and Webb is a 14 min 4-point usage backup to Isiah, that's how you end up under 19k min after 8 picks. Plus Ehlo/Hodges is basically just a SG combo.
5/16/2013 11:31 AM

NOTICE - Only owners with 12 players on their roster may engage in trade discussions in the DDL Trades forum. Basicly I want you to draft your best effort, have a good look at your team and then think about trades. That's why the trading rules are the way they are. GL

5/16/2013 11:34 AM
nate I wasn't being critical. There are still good players over 2400 min's available. I think both Archibald & Carr, who I just picked in the 9th round are strong 6th men and possibly starters. So, I see no real problem with your approach, I took Tarpley (2400min) in the 3rd round. But the selection, particularly wrt big men, is getting quite thin. GL
5/16/2013 11:43 AM
Posted by jhsukow on 5/16/2013 12:25:00 PM (view original):
Are we supposed to pick to 9 or is that optional?
Sukow you must make 9 picks (mandatory), then in a the 10-12 th rounds you may continue picking in turn, or pick the "designated scrub's". You can take 1, 2 or all 3 scrub's, taking all 3 scrub's in the 9th round finishes your drafting. The three scrub's are actually your 10th, 11th & 12th round picks.
5/16/2013 1:13 PM (edited)
Likewise you can pick for 10 rounds and announce your taking the 2 scrub's and your drafting is done, pick for 11 rounds and take 1 scrub and your done or pick all 12 rounds in turn. It's your choice..  I have nearly 25k minutes on my teams after 9 rounds and the player pool is getting shallow. Any players I pick now most likely will never play on my teams, so it makes sense to finish my draft.
5/16/2013 1:18 PM (edited)
NOTICE - everyone please familarize yourself with the DDL League rules, page1, post1 in this forum. Let me know if they are unclear on any subject or if you feel I've left something out. Ok, I've trashed seapilots draft forum today. I do check Smokey's DDL Cafe regularly, so let's move any further discussion there. Thx 
5/16/2013 1:46 PM
Why is no one else picking, I sent reminders to the next 2 owners and as far as I can tell the draft isn't over yet.
5/16/2013 4:02 PM
poeple are just getting home on the right coast, it's. usually quiet this time of day. usually picks up again in the evening
5/16/2013 4:23 PM
also we seem to pick in bunch's, 4 or 5 picks in 15 minutes then quiet again. it's been a normal day so far.
5/16/2013 4:25 PM
I've had a rare & unique opportunity to watch the league dynamics as the draft proceeded, from start to present. I have had the time and inclination to monitor the draft on a RT bases. I probably update this forum 10-15 times an hour, mainly to keep the "Rosters by Division" post current, for those who use it in making decisions. I've seen the pick posted and then wrote them down, I've looked at the RBD page so many time I have it vertually memorized. When I do a search for my next pick I don't have to refer to the selected players post. I know who has been picked. This was time well spent for someone who wishes to run his own two draft leagues. For the record, this month I have drafted 7 separate teams, managed to survive a 1-3 start to the finals, monitored this league and started the SDL, so if I make a mental error.... Now I'm going to play some B-Ball and relax, for about 10 seconds, then it's time to try and win some rings. lol It's been great!
5/16/2013 4:54 PM
A really big "Thank You" to seapilots for all the time & effort he's put into our draft. He made it easy for us and with me to help, who needs dynamite. 
5/16/2013 5:03 PM
Andrew Lang
5/16/2013 5:35 PM
◂ Prev 1...21|22|23|24|25...33 Next ▸
DDL #1 Draft List Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.