Just a thought on defense Topic

also your challenge has been asked and answered so many times it makes me sick to think about it - try winning all your categorical differentials and having a losing season - I have more than once
4/4/2013 9:17 PM
I think this is somewhat comparable to poker.  In one night of playing poker (one sim game) an inferior player can win money and a superior player can lose money.  However, over the long term the better players win money and bad players lose money.  It is rare that I lose a 7 game series when I think I have the clearly superior team.
4/4/2013 10:06 PM
For me, I agree with the poker thing. Play the odds, you'll do well. But honestly, my sim stats have been very similar to the real stats. They might go up if I have more AST, down if I have too low usage, etc - all things you guys know about. I guess I just haven't seen enough examples of being "screwed" by the SIM.  I do have an 11-14 team that I can't figure out why they stink - but I assume it's me and not the sim.  The sim may have flaws, but as long as there is an explanation that's fine. Might not like the way a particular stat is interpreted by the sim, but if thats the way it is, thats the way it is. Learn, adapt, and move on. Ultimately the best teams will win. 
4/4/2013 10:26 PM
I'd say I lose a playoff series I am certain I should have won about once out of every ten series.. that's all-time.  I go through sprees where I lose 4 or 5 in a row that I shouldn't have, but in the end, I'd say I'm about 90%.  I feel like that's about 9% too low.  I'll give 1% for random's sake, but when a clearly dominant team loses to a clearly lesser team in a playoff series, that's some BS in my opinion.
4/4/2013 10:47 PM
Posted by jkaye24 on 4/4/2013 10:26:00 PM (view original):
For me, I agree with the poker thing. Play the odds, you'll do well. But honestly, my sim stats have been very similar to the real stats. They might go up if I have more AST, down if I have too low usage, etc - all things you guys know about. I guess I just haven't seen enough examples of being "screwed" by the SIM.  I do have an 11-14 team that I can't figure out why they stink - but I assume it's me and not the sim.  The sim may have flaws, but as long as there is an explanation that's fine. Might not like the way a particular stat is interpreted by the sim, but if thats the way it is, thats the way it is. Learn, adapt, and move on. Ultimately the best teams will win. 
With regards to ur "Baltimore Bats" team, I don't think there's a smooth transition from starters to the bench and u may not have drafted quite enough minutes.
4/4/2013 10:48 PM
can you draft a 60 win (potential) team and only win 48, miss the bye, drop a couple extra in the first round on chance and start experiencing fatigue in the second, drop another couple in the second round on chance just to draw that fatigue out even more and then meet your maker on an otherwise fairly even match-up on one FU game and the rest declining under the weight of your fatigue penalties taking their toll?
4/4/2013 11:44 PM
also the question was never 'what if' we play poker (or craps) - another reason why maybe the player rolls have diminished over time
4/4/2013 11:48 PM
I once brought the same team 3x, at the same time, the teams varied from 41W's to 57W's in $42M OL's. Two made the PO's and 1 got the bye, the bye lost in the finals. Don't know what to make of it, but the Patriots had a perfect season wreaked by a snot nosed rookie in RL.
4/7/2013 11:02 PM

In the OL's I imagine that the rookies played a large part in the results. Like it makes sense for your season to ride on the rookies. 

4/7/2013 11:05 PM
Posted by felonius on 4/4/2013 11:49:00 PM (view original):
also the question was never 'what if' we play poker (or craps) - another reason why maybe the player rolls have diminished over time
I don't think "randomness" in the game is a big factor with regards to less people playing the nba sim now than years ago.
4/7/2013 11:42 PM
◂ Prev 12
Just a thought on defense Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.