DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Screw that, if they are 5'6", 150 lbs and they shop there, are they now big and tall?
4/23/2013 12:28 PM
Why do you have so much resistance to the common definition of the word "homosexual?"

Because it's an illogical definition.

It was only created by those with an agenda to justify being homosexual by using propaganda to convince everyone its not a choice but some sort of inherent characteristic, which is ridiculous.

If people didn't feel the need to justify their sexual decisions (which in most cases do not need justified anyway), they wouldn't have felt the need to create this foolish movement aimed at justifying this particular choice by trying to convince everyone it's not a choice.
All of my choices indicate that I like colors other than blue, yet blue is my favorite color. Why? Because I say it is.

You chose to wear something other than your preference in terms of color. So why do you find it so hard to believe that people could choose something other than their preference in a mate?
I can't say that I'm the pope or batman, but I can say that blue is my favorite color and that I'm straight, and those determinations don't require outside validation to be true.

Fundamentally you're saying the same thing you've been saying for some time, which is that attraction determines your sexual status. Correcting for that, the accurate version of what you just said is this:

You can't sayh that you're the pope or batman, but you can say that blue is your favorite color and you are more attracted to women than to men.

The attraction doesn't make you straight by itself, and that's the point.
I left this thread a week ago.   I stopped exchanging with biz 4-5 months ago.

That's because you have to be king **** of every conversation you're in, and I knocked you off your pedestal. Your response wasn't to try to climb back on, but to take your ball and go home because you couldn't handle the heat. So be it.
Have you ever eaten a food you didn't like? 
Sure. I can't say I've never eaten it just because I didn't like it.
I just realized you think I have an agenda.  What is my agenda, exactly? Do we have the same definition of agenda?
To tell people that their actions don't matter when it comes to sexuality, because it has nothing to do with action and everything to do with attraction. This is a BS argument full of logical holes you seek to ignore or hide through denial even when presented  with them and pressed for answers.

You haven't even answered several of the questions I posed to you a few posts ago. You just ignored them because they ripped your argument to shreds, and you wont' address them now because you'll pretend not to know what post I'm talking about.

How about answering this one:

So you're heterosexual because you say so, even if you were to have a sexual encounter with a man? You know, because you are whatever the hell you say, no matter what you do?
If somebody is 5''6", 350 lbs, and they shop at the "Big and Tall" store for their clothing, does that mean they are tall?
No. It just means they shop in that store.

You can't even understand how your own questions show your lack of logic. If it weren't for the sheer entertainment, I wouldn't even bother addressing you. Come on - at least burnsy and BL are trying.
4/23/2013 1:56 PM
So you're heterosexual because you say so, even if you were to have a sexual encounter with a man? You know, because you are whatever the hell you say, no matter what you do?

------

Yes
4/23/2013 1:59 PM
You can't say that you're the pope or batman, but you can say that blue is your favorite color and you are more attracted to women than to men.

--------

Which makes you straight. Once again, your attraction determines your sexuality. I didn't choose to be straight.
4/23/2013 2:00 PM

------

Yes

Wow, I'm glad it works that way. Since I say I'm the richest guy in the world, I'm waiting for the money to fall from the sky. I'll let you know when it happens.
You can't say that you're the pope or batman, but you can say that blue is your favorite color and you are more attracted to women than to men.

--------

Which makes you straight. Once again, your attraction determines your sexuality. I didn't choose to be straight.

No, it doesn't. That's the point. Attraction does NOT determine your sexuality, except in the minds of those with an agenda or those stupid enough to believe propaganda.

You choose who you are with, and that is what determines your sexuality. So you do choose your sexual status.

We can keep going around and around all day. Until the pile of money suddenly falls on me because I say I'm the richest guy in the world, your argument makes no sense and I'm the only one whose argument holds any water.
4/23/2013 2:16 PM
Homosexuality, by it's specific "illogical" definition, is not a choice.  When someone says "I'm homosexual, and that's not a choice I made," they're using the definition that you don't like but is generally accepted by almost everyone in our society.  If they used a different definition, it would confuse people.  You understand that, right?
4/23/2013 2:22 PM
Sounds like propaganda, to me.
4/23/2013 2:28 PM
Posted by bistiza on 4/23/2013 2:16:00 PM (view original):

------

Yes

Wow, I'm glad it works that way. Since I say I'm the richest guy in the world, I'm waiting for the money to fall from the sky. I'll let you know when it happens.

--------

No, it doesn't. That's the point. Attraction does NOT determine your sexuality, except in the minds of those with an agenda or those stupid enough to believe propaganda.

You choose who you are with, and that is what determines your sexuality. So you do choose your sexual status.

We can keep going around and around all day. Until the pile of money suddenly falls on me because I say I'm the richest guy in the world, your argument makes no sense and I'm the only one whose argument holds any water.
You aren't rich. You wish you were rich because it would make your life easier, but you aren't.

Bruce isn't straight. He wishes he was straight because it would make his life easier, but he's not.
4/23/2013 2:32 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/23/2013 12:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/23/2013 12:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/23/2013 11:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/23/2013 11:08:00 AM (view original):
You guys are either super bored or super stupid.     Which is it?
Same as you.

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of "same".
True. Mike's never gotten carried away in a ridiculous argument before.
No, I certainly have.   But there is a shelf life to everything.

Answer me this:    Has ANYTHING new been said in the last week?
4/23/2013 2:35 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/23/2013 2:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 4/23/2013 12:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/23/2013 12:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/23/2013 11:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/23/2013 11:08:00 AM (view original):
You guys are either super bored or super stupid.     Which is it?
Same as you.

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of "same".
True. Mike's never gotten carried away in a ridiculous argument before.
No, I certainly have.   But there is a shelf life to everything.

Answer me this:    Has ANYTHING new been said in the last week?
Who the **** talks like that? Answer me this?
4/23/2013 2:37 PM
Yes.  And Yoda.
4/23/2013 2:40 PM
Same kind of people who argue on the internet at 6 AM?
4/23/2013 2:40 PM
"Got my coffee started, need to take a dump but I better argue on the internet about the definition of homosexuality first.    Coffee and crap can wait!!!"
4/23/2013 2:41 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/23/2013 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Same kind of people who argue on the internet at 6 AM?
Well, you're the one saying stuff like "I dare say" and "answer me this." I'm the one who has been here at 6am.

So, no.
4/23/2013 2:42 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/23/2013 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Yes.  And Yoda.
So what was the new revelation?
4/23/2013 2:42 PM
◂ Prev 1...88|89|90|91|92...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.